“Good Local Seafood”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Looking for a really good local seafood? Shrimpys has it. We found this place on our own after our conceriege made some obviously poor recommendations. It was a nice surprise, and we enjoyed a variety seafood po-boys and seafood baskets, all fresh and well prepared. The proprietor and his staff were very helpful, and the atmosphere was laid-back Florida and local.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We saw a sign for Shrimpy's and were hungry for breakfast, so stopped in and had a lovely time. For a little strip mall place on the beach, this place had great service and very yummy food.

We agreed to the complimentary mimosas with our breakfast, which were tiny and adorable, and loved the croissant french toast in particular. If you're not from around here, be sure to try some of the cuban bread made in nearby Ybor City.

Thought it was cool that the sodas they serve are micro-brewed and don't have high fructose corn syrup - Kodiak Cola. :)

I'd recommend this restaurant, and I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had the floridaian omelette which had toms cheese and avacodos.. it was super fresh and delightful! The cuban toast is also ahuge sucess. My boyfriend had the vanilla frenchtl toast and If you are a french toast lover this is for you! So so delicious!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

First time we ate here.We had breakfast outside. I had the cajun, andouille, egg and cheddar on cuban bread. My wife had the americano Benny. Poached egg, bacon and hollandaise on a croissant. The sauce had some spices in it. Very good. Our only complaint was the sign on the door that said they now have cocktails. I had the bloody mary which was not bad, but they don't have a licquor license so they use wine. A little misleading.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I came to Florida for the winter and were experiencing great difficulty in finding really good food out and were limited to cooking in. Shrimpy's is in this unassuming strip mall that does not look like you're going to get much more than more of the same but the moment you walk in, you begin to think otherwise. Casual and comfortable with a cool and artistic flair. Wall hangings are for sale and made locally. Must see to appreciate. I got the pot roast on a bed of mashed with this phenomenal gravy. Tender and favorable was the beef and the potatoes, the perfect setting. I also had a dinner salad which was fresh and crisp, (a hard commodity in that part of Florida in my experience). I could swear my husband had a chicken fried pork steak (not sure of cut), with gravy that was out of this world (or at least Florida!), though I do not see it on the menu now. Perhaps it was a special. Anywho, do yourself a favor and go for the flavor and savor the quality!