“Nice location, that's it...”

Lorelei Resort Motel
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
A TripAdvisor Member
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is nice place for staying, because you have the sea on one side, the river on the other side. To the beach it is just across the street. The supermarket is also very close.
If somebody is looking for very simple rooms, than he's right. In other case not. The cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired on closer inspection. The bathroom is very small and they don't change the towels or clean the room during your stay, only on inquriy. And it's possible to sit in front of your room at a terrasse, that's fine for evenings or for breakfast in the morning. Without big requirements it is okay...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This place is very run down and the room needed a serious clean and refit.
Good points are it is close to the beach and has a deck over looking the water.
Bad points, room tiny, bathroom dirty, wifi didn't work, quite expensive for what you get.
In short if you need somewhere to stay with you dog then great, of not maybe try somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank carrymat
Reviewed March 25, 2012

fun little hotel right in the heart of the action. motel is right on the water and we watched the sunrise every morning with our coffee. room had fridge, stove, sink and a powerfull air conditioner but appliances could have used a better scrubbing. bed was firm and comfortable and you can't beat the price for this area. laid back motel with friendly owner and a very cool little lizard hunting dog named nugget that patrols the premises! overall we got our money's worth and had a very relaxing stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: room number 5 is the only room with an ocean view and a sundeck right outside the room and is neares...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank robertmeiers
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I call this place the bates motel. Only the bates motel would be nicer. The office is a shower stall with a computer. Everything about this place is run down. The outside the inside and after staying here i am too! I only needed the place for one night to go to a wedding....thank god. If i had to stay longer than that i would go nuts. The room is small outdated and has rust and stuff peeling. You can hear every noise from all of the other units. The kitchen was gross. I wouldn't touch anything in there even if you paid me.

I suppose you know its horrible when the first thing you do is check the beds for bugs!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank sapjordan2002
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Me and my husband called Lorelei to make sure there were available rooms to stay over and wait the New Year at Treasure Island. It is how we found out Lorelei is under new management and to our wonderful surprise they had room with waterfront view available for us. !Wonderful! Becky (The new Manager) has a sweet personality and was so helpful at making our stay at Lorelei a very pleasant one. We enjoyed nice evenings by the firepit and chloe (my little yorkie had a great time too) What else can we ask, Great location, wonderful managers, clean and relaxing environment and the best for last; Great price. Thank you very much Becky we enjoyed your and your husband company you surely make anyone feel at home while we are away from home. We'll be seeing soon.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 11 and it has waterfront views. Seating area and kitchen is downstairs and sleepi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shellslovers
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The rooms are pretty small and everything is a bit aged. It is definitely a quirky, mom & pop place. If you are used to luxury, this is not the place. But if you are just looking for a place that you can bring your dogs with you, this place works. It is located just across the street from a public beach access so no need to find parking. It is also right on the intercoastal with dock access. The area for pups to do their business is kept clean, but is all rocks. If your pets need grass, you will have to drive to find a spot.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Lianna L
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We were supposed to be booked from Thurs-Sunday, upon our arrival with a car full of food and our little chihuahua. We were very excited to bring our dog with us on a mini vacation. I was told by their so called customer service rep Brian that he did not have our reservation sheet and there was nothing he could do. I did not have my reservation sheet, I just had everything written down. I had the reservation sheet e-mailed to him 3x at which he said he checked the e-mail and had yet to receive it. I watched every move he made, and not at any time did he ever check an email address. He tried contacting discounthotels where the reservation was made online from the number I provided him and told me the # was disconnected. So I called discounthotels.com, -please note the # was not disconnected. I had to hold for quite some time but I did eventually got through to someone. While waiting, my finance and dog come in from waiting out in the car for quite some time. The guy Brian seemed very aggravated from the very beginning. While waiting for someone to get on the phone with discounthotels.com, he asked us what are you guys waiting for, a phone call or something? He made several smart remarks but I still remained calm thinking I could resolve the issue and not have to turn around and go home on vacation that I had already paid for on my credit card. And then a Ecolab man had come in asking for a room. At that time, Brian stepped out to speak with him a few times and let him into one of the rooms. Which hello, a Ecolab truck sitting outside was another red flag! Brian even called the so-called manager and put her on the phone with me. She advised I do not know why he put you on the phone because I told him he needed to look through all the faxes and the filings to look for your reservation. This is something he had to do, not me. Which I agreed. And that she lived 30mins away and was not working that day. He then acted like he looked for the reservation sheet but you could tell he wasn't. I asked him at one point did this happened often? He gave me a dirty disgusted look and said yeah, why? I was meaning the issue with discounthotels.com but he took it as I was speaking of the hotel. But at least he was honest that it happens quite frequently. That's when I finally asked him what his problem was? I was the one on vacation, with a dog, car full of food and no where to go. He said he was aggravated which was quite obvious since the moment I arrived there. I told him his customer service skills suck and he has none what so ever! If anyone should be aggravated and should have the smart comments, it should be me not him! I got through to a customer service rep who left me on hold and contacted the hotel. I advised Brian they were calling. He was just as rude to them as he had been with us. He said regardless if you fax the reservation sheet now or not, it's too late they were booked and there were no rooms available. Their so called hot/tub or pool-is full of dirt and plants. My fiance tried using his lab top to pull up the emailed reservation and the access code he was given for the resort, did not work-so no wifi! I never really thought to look at reviews before, but from here on out-I will! With the reviews, I guess with a car full of food would not of been any use of mine if the stoves are broke, no pots & pans or utensils. I was never able to see inside a room so I can not comment on that. But if it compared to their so called office, I would give it a 1 out of 10. And with the Ecolab on wheels that had arrived playing off like he wanted to rent a room-Disgusting! I really honestly do not think it was a issue on the discounthotels.com end, it was the hotel. Before even making a public comment, I contacted the resort on their website on exactly what happened and how I was treated. I got a response 3 days later, stating Ok, thanks. Not, even I am sorry for your bad experience! Really? So, at the end of the day-the closet hotel that would accept pets with discounthotels.com was only within 15miles of a beach and no where close by the beach from Clearwater-Sarasota. So I turned around and come home and asked for a refund from discounthotels.

Room Tip: Please review this hotels reviews from others before making any reservations!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple