“Huge pool”

Lands End, Condominium
Trenton, Mi
“Huge pool”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in Bldg1 unit 203. 1/1 just right for two adults. Good view of the ocean and pool from the balcony. Very quiet complex and unit was very clean. We had afew problems with appliances but Resort Rentals had them taken care of within hours. I would recommend this place to others and will probably return in the future.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor will give you a better view, they have elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tuscan47
Resortrentals, Manager at Lands End, Condominium, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for the recommendation! I was sorry to hear there were a few problems with the appliances but thrilled we were able to rectify the situation so quickly! I do hope you are able to return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our first trip to Land's End. We stayed in Bldg 11, #304. Great complex and location. Loved the view, beach access and great pool. We rented through Resort Rentals and the reservation and check-in process worked well. Problem was the condo. We have rented homes and condos before and there has always been a few amenities in others so that you did not immediately have to go shopping. In this condo there was virtually nothing except for one little packet of dishwashing detergent, one small box of laundry detergent and one little packet of coffee. No paper towels, spices, not even a bar of soap. Dishes were not clean although in the cabinets-dishwasher did a lousy job-a repairman showed up mid-week (unannounced) and said he repaired the dishwasher, but there was no discernable improvement. When I called the rental company, they were very unresponsive. Comments were "it's a water problem", "that's just the way it is". Dishes were cheap, garage sale vintage. Living room furniture was not comfortable, more suited to a sunroom or patio. Master BR bed was very firm, I was OK, but my wife complained about sore back. Definitely will return to Lands End, but not this condo and not through this rental company.

Room Tip: This is a condo complex, we like the gulf side on 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Resortrentals, Manager at Lands End, Condominium, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while at one of the condo rentals we represent and for the impression we gave you as a rental company. It is definitely not our intention to ever come across to our guests like we do not care. Unfortunately we cannot always fix every problem that occurs and at times that does become frustrating and could come across as unresponsive as our hands are tied. None the less we are sorry we left you with that impression.

We do leave a starter package in all of our rentals that consists of 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 hand soaps per bathroom, 1 single load packet of dishwasher soap, 1 single load packet of laundry detergent and trash bags in each waste basket. Owners are not required to supply daily amenities in their condos so we decided to leave these items as a courtesy to our guests. We never meant for it to come across as a negative action. We were hoping it would be seen as a hospitable act.

Again, I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay, I assure you that this is not the normal experience we offer our guests and hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to host your vacation.
Sherburn in Elmet, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have stayed at Lands End a number of times and like others keep returning. The public grounds around the condos are extremely well maintained and the pool is always spotlessly clean and a perfect size and temperature for swimming. We always stay gulf side which awards fantastic views of the gulf and coming from the dreary UK having the window open all night with fresh breezes blowing in is glorious!

I notice a reviewer has complained about the strict rules in and around the pool area - personally I LOVE the fact that the rules are upheld as I don't wish to vacation with families with young children who arguably disturb others. When I'm in the swimming pool I want to be able to swim. It would be wrong to ask children not to be children and play, however Lands End is not the place for them. It is for adults who want to enjoy the peace and serenity of a beautiful setting.

We stayed in apartment 204 in building 7. The positives include the kitchen which is extremely well equipped, the balcony furniture is comfortable, quick and free wi-fi and there is plenty of fresh linens and towels. The bathroom needs updating, however this is the same for the majority of the Lands End apartments. 204 is one of the best apartments we have stayed in BUT we do have a bit of a gripe re the bed which is firstly too small and secondly far too firm - a softer mattress would be far better for the majority of guests I would have thought (or even the provision of a mattress topper would suffice - we had to buy this ourselves or put up with bad backs for two weeks!).

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Papergirl2006
Thanks so much for your great review. It sounds like Lands End is perfect for your vacation requirements. I do apologize for the bedding. That is one of the hardest things to buy for a vacation rental. So many people have so many different preferences. I was glad to see the other amenities were to your liking. Hope to see you again next year!
Sylvania, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family stayed at Land End December 25 - January 5, 2013 We stayed in Buliding 11 # 202, it was perfect for our family. Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico was fantastic. We spent many hours on the balcony with our morning coffee, watching the dolphins, enjoying the beautiful sunsets, The location was perfect and quiet- I felt very safe with the gated community. The unit was clean and the grounds were beautiful. Everyone was friendly. I loved on my morning walks people would always smile and say "Good Morning". The unit may not have been the most modern but it was nice not having to worry about glass tables and thngs being so fragile. I have three children and one of them is a crazy four year old boy. There are rules about the pool -no kids under 17 in the hottub and no balls. My kids were bummed but we did get a frisbee and played on the beach. Also there were no beach towels in the unit. We made it work thats just an FYI. We will certainly come back!

Room Tip: Beautiful ocean view-liked #202 because the parking spot was right next to the steps (just one fligh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie V
Thank you for your rave review. Your descriptions of everything are picture perfect. I am very happy you enjoyed the time you spent here and even happier to hear you will be returning!
montreal
Reviewed January 9, 2013

It has been my 3rd time at Lands End and I really enjoy it each time I go. It is so peaceful and the beach is amazing. I loved the complex and the unit. It was super clean. The only thing that wasn't comfortable was the sofa bed. other then that it was very nice. Good Restaurants, people are very friendly. Hopefully will be back next yr.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank buzzMontreal
Thanks for your fabulous review. Repeat business is the highest compliment we can receive. Sorry about the sofa bed. I will pass it on to the owner. I certainly hope we get to host your vacation again next year!
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was our first trip to Treasure Island and Land's End. Loved the complex and the unit. It was very nice and well equipped. Unit was nicely decorated, and had up to date appliances and easy WIFI connection. Loved the location on the beach, and sitting on the balcony, watching the sunsets. We know, now, why it is called Sunset Beach. Unit is also close to many attractions-John's Pass, Florida Botanical Gardens, Clearwater Aquarium, and Bird Sanctuary. There is only one issue with this complex, and that is a few of the buildings on the bay side are directly across from 3 open air bars, and I believe that could get noisy. We had none of the noise in our unit. Resort Rentals was very good to deal with. Would definitely recommend, and stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Flamingo62
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This property is on the very popular Treasure Island at the southern tip called Sunset Beach. At the front of the property is the Gulf Waters where we see some of the most beautiful sunsets, while at the back of the property with some units facing the canal with views of the water activities. The units are all condos so that we can choose to 'eat at home' or dine out at one of the many restaurants in the area. The swimming pool is well kept and clean as is the hot tub. Needless to say we just enjoy our vacations here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#7 of 48 in Treasure Island
Sunset Inn & Cottages
Sunset Inn & Cottages
#1 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to Lands End, Condominium? Share your experiences!