“Peaceful vacation!”

and 1 more site!
Lands End, Condominium
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family of four plus in-laws stayed at the Lands End Condo Bldg 10, units 304, 305 in June 2012. My in-laws had stayed in this condo building before and highly recommended it to us for our extended family vacation. The property is located on a VERY quiet and peaceful section of Treasure Island. Other reviewers complained of the noise from bars/restaurants on the waterway...but we stayed in a unit that overlooked the ocean (highly recommend). The property is well-maintained...the grounds are beautiful, the pool is clean, the tennis court is updated, etc. The unit that we stayed in (305) was very spacious and perfect for our family of 4. The furnishings were a little dated but clean. The kitchen was a little small but had all the essentials to make breakfast and lunch. We ate out each night for dinner. If you are someone who likes to take walks along the beach, this is a nice location for you. Treasure Island has a very long, flat, smooth beach and it's easy to take long walks each day. You will need a car if you stay at Lands End...it's on the very south end of Treasure Island and the closest restaurant (Caddy's) is about a 3/4 mile walk. (estimating) There is a Publix on the island...so it's easy to stock your kitchen with food for the stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest picking a unit that looks out over the ocean and not the inter coastal waterway. We...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WalFam170

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My boyfriend & his 2 boys & I stayed at Land's End on the fourth floor May18/2012-May26/2012 & had a wonderful time. Our balcony looked directly on the ocean & we had perfect weather everyday we were there for starters. Our condo was very nice but a bit outdated. It is in need of new carpet, new washing machine & a few other small improvements but overall we were satisfied with the unit. It wasn't very busy at the pool when we were there so I suppose most Canadians had left end of March for home. There is grocery shopping close by but you do need a car which of course we had. We used the outdoor bbq a few times that week. There is music coming from a nearby bar but we were in building 10 & only heard the music when we were bbqing. I would definitely go there again. We were blessed with sunshine & 93 degree weather everyday!!

Room Tip: Choose building ten!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 46Michele777
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Very well kept complex of condo buildings on beautiful Sunset Beach. The units along the inner waterway are subject to the loud music from bands at the bars across the very narrow waterway until all hours of the morning. I would rent a unit along the ocean, but not another along the inner waterway - TOO LOUD!

Room Tip: Pick buildings numbered 6 or above to be on the ocean away from the loud music.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rev_Dennis
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed in unit 404 building four and loved it. The condominium was very clean a little dated but overall very good condition. The grounds and location perfect, private beach was awesome. We overlooked the inter-coastal waterway and I liked it better than the ocean side. We got the afternoon shade and had an awesome view we even seen matinees and dolphins from our balcony. Also had some bars on the other side of the waterway it could get a little loud but I enjoyed the action and listening to the music and never really heard it when we went in for the night. I would defiantly recommend the lands end for a peaceful and relaxing time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Phil S
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great, quite location on a peaceful stretch of ocean beach. Grounds are extremely well maintained. Pool and tennis courts are perfect. Condos are spacious, individually owned and decorated. Free wireless is a real plus. Some units could use updates as they were built in the mid- 80s and are starting to show wear. Bay view units may hear music from bars across the water. Car is a must to go to restaurants and stores. Overall, a great place to relax.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gofar19
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I read the reviews, I asked the questions, and I should have listened. We are here for one week, wife, me, 12 yo daughter, 8 yo son. This is a quiet place, but they have the pool nazi. Basically, they have a great pool. No option to have fun in it though. They have a list of rules like no diving, etc. but the problem is the pool nazi makes up his own rules. Essentially, it is a swimming pool that you can not make noise, swim, or have fun in. He told us "we could not do that any more.". When I asked what we were doing, he said "what ever you are doing". I asked him where that was on the list of rules and he just walked away.

We will never come back here. We will never recommend anyone to come here unless you are at least 65 years old.

Again, do not come here if you have kids. Hard to believe but it is true. I did not believe it until day 2.

Room Tip: Do not come here if you have kids!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank Scott H
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have stayed in various apartments in the Lands End community, with some apartments being better than others. The community itself is absolutely wonderful - blessedly quiet and usually pretty free of kids. Access to the beach is 30 seconds away and it's never too busy. For those who love to walk, the beach is a good 3 miles one way. Also, the pool is one of the nicest I have ever been in - time it right and you can be swimming during the sunset and then dip in the sauna with the stars.

The complex is perfect for those who want quality, quiet and 'adult' surroundings. It's not a place for parents who want to fill the pool full of kids and their inflatables. I'm in my 30's and travelling with my partner, so is perfect for someone who doesn't want a place that caters to families.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple