I have stayed in this condominium many times before. Resort Rentals provides a good service, and many units are very nice. This time we stayed at Unit 306-Building 1. It was a major disappointment. Although the reviews were excellent, and the pictures showed a nice place, it is actually a dark, dirty and cheap unit. It had the feel of a cheap motel, for the price of a 5 star one!
Some things were fixed by resort rentals (those under their control) others were not- we were told the owners refused to fix them.
What was wrong with this place? pretty much everything! from the old dated decor to the state of dirtiness. YUCK!!!
The carpet ( a dark colored carpet) was discolored and dirty, the windows were dirty with with spills, everything needed a good dusting, tables, walls and doors had all sorts of scuff marks, there were burned light bulbs, the upholstery in the dining room chairs was fraying, the black ruffle in the bed was stained and spilled of who knows what, the bed was lopsided, the pillows were the cheapest kind, the numerous faux plant fixtures were dirty and discolored (not to mention terribly ugly!). The pots and pans were stained and sticky greasy. All this added to a very dated, cheap and ugly decor, with dark carpet, dark walls, dark furniture. The TVs were the old kind, there is no wireless, and contrary to what was advertised, the bed was a full size, not a queen, the silverware was the cheapest kind, the dishes were a mix matched sampler of all sorts of kinds, the place mats were the rubber mesh type, etc...I could go on an d on, but I guess this is enough! . To top it all off, it faces a parking lot, which has its share of noise, and has no view, because there are palms blocking the view in all windows and balconies. Palms are nice, but in an ugly apartment, not being able to take solace in the beauty of the outdoors, seemed like punishment. In essence, a rip off! Good thing the beach is wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a tropical paradise that sits on a quiet beach with a winding wooden boardwalk that wraps around the property. It is at the very southern tip of Sunset Beach in Treasure Island and is surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico on 3 sides. Truly one of the nicest communities within the Tampa Bay area. We offer 1 and 2 bedroom bay front condos and 2 bedroom beach front condos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lands End, Condominium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End, Condominium Hotel Treasure Island
- Lands End Florida
- Lands End Treasure Island
- Lands End, Condominium Treasure Island, Florida