“Cute Little Place To Bring Your Boat!”

and 1 more site!
Whispers Resort at Treasure Island
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Cute Little Place To Bring Your Boat!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have nothing but good things to say about our stay at Whispers! We were there to celebrate my 50th birthday and needed a place that was on the intercoastal with a dock as we were bringing our boat. We also wanted something ground level because our kids and grands were coming with us. Upon arrival at Whispers the quaint courtyard reminded me of our stay a year ago in Jamaica. Our room was clean and comfortable.

I also want to compliment Jeffrey on his quick response to my original inquiry. Of all locations I requested information on he by far was the fastest and most accommodating. The information received once we booked our room (#7) was also very helpful right down to the location of a nearby public boat ramp we could use to put our boat in the water!

The only recommendation for improvement we could make would be if there was a way to fix the air conditioning air flow to the 2nd bedroom that was furthest from the wall unit. Our son and daughter-in-law said it got a little warm at night when they had the door closed. Don't get me wrong, the wall unit CHILLED the entire unit perfectly, they just got no air flow due to their door being closed.

Even people who stopped by to wish me a happy birthday commented on how cute Whispers was!! It's also within walking distance of the most beautiful white-sand beach...Treasure Island.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the beautiful pool and all the various water fountains around the property. And, all the frog statues. So cute!

Room Tip: Because of the numerous water fountains strategically located throughout the property the grounds we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Margaret M
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Margaret,

We have some of the best people stay at Whispers and it is so nice that they stopped by and wished you happy birthday!

I know that one such person was a keen fisherman and he really appreciated your taking him out on your boat!

Kindness begets kindness.

You may not know that we are in the process of installing European style zoned central A/C as part of our upgrade and remodeling project.
This will enable separate A/C controls in every room.

This month we installed new storm drainage before the summer rainy season and we are in the process of rebuilding the "lighthouse" by the front gate. That is almost complete.

Thanks for the kind review and I hope to see you for your next birthday! : )

Warm wishes!

Jeffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ontario
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is our second stay at this resort (seven weeks in total). Very comfortable retro units with all amenities included. Priced for the budget conscious traveler.
Owners Jeffrey and Charda are very friendly and helpful and available as needed.
Excellent, excellent location. The resort backs onto the intracoastal waterway with a spacious dock for fishing which adjoins the deck for the pool. While sitting beside the heated swimming pool we saw dolphins swim by daily and from the dock we fished and caught several small fish (others have caught bigger ones).
Centrally located - the resort is one block from a grocery store (Publix); one to two blocks from many decent restaurants and bars; the beach is less than 5 minutes walk (Treasure Island beach is incredible).
We would recommend this resort to singles or couples (with or without children).
We will return again to this resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dacewa
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Something that Sharda and I love about our business are the many wonderful people that we meet - from all over the world - that are so generous with their time when we first meet them at Whispers.

This is such a case.

We are delighted to have people like Celine and David in our lives - wonderful folks whom we might never ordinarily have met if we did not have a small resort that gives us an opportunity to meet people as strangers and to depart as friends.

We are always delighted when our vision meets your expectations!

Thank you!

Milford, Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband, parents and two daughters stayed here in August 2012. It was very clean and resonably priced. This is not a high end luxuary retail but if your like my family we dont spend much time in the rental anyway. We very much enjoyed our brief stay. Thel ony cause i have is we booked through booking.com and the condo was smaller that ita appeared on that wedsite but it was still an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank poejulie
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear "Good Time"

I am sorry I dont know your name from your review, but "Dear Good Time" sounds better than "Dear Anonymous : )

Thank you for your kind review.

Regarding the size of the condo, you did reserve a smaller unit. There may have been an option to reserve a larger, deluxe unit when you booked, however, often times guests make decisions based solely on price.

Next time please feel free to request availability for an upgrade.

Warm wishes

New Hampshire
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After reading a few very negative reviews from some previous guests, we arrived at Whispers with a great deal of trepidation. When we entered our unit (#6), we were very pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and well appointed - new counters and cabinets in the kitchen, leather couch, large flat screen TV in the living room and a smaller flat screen in the bedroom. The bathroom was updated (newer vanity, toilet and tile). The bedroom had a comfy queen bed and ample closet space.

Although the weather during our stay wasn't conducive to swimming, the pool and dock area were very pleasant. The early morning sun rising over the Intercoastal is a great setting for morning coffee.

Throughout our two week visit, the owners were constantly updating - faster Internet, new furniture for the pool area, and a new washer/dryer was delivered at the end of our stay (that had been my only complaint). More upgrades (hvac) are coming. The owners, Jeffrey and Sharda, were exceptionally responsive to any concerns or requests.

If you are looking for modern - granite and stainless appliances - this isn't the place for you. However, if you are looking for a relaxing vacation in "old Florida" style at a reasonable price, then Whispers is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eztraveler49
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
After the review preceding your review, for the very same condo that you stayed in.... let me say thank you from Sharda and myself.

You got the idea of Whispers 100%. We are not a chrome and glass Hyatt or Residence Inn.

Just Sharda and me trying to make a small difference in the world.

We have a gentleman from Europe who has been coming every year - for the past 6 or 7 years, he jokingly said, "I come every year just to see what changes you have made since my last visit" : )

Whispers has just 9 uniquely themes condos, such as Africa, Oriental, England, Hawaii and Santa Fe etc.
It make this 1960s era Heritage Resort a very unique place to stay and to enjoy.
Our Tropical Florida Gardens are quite unique and you will not find an environment quite like this anywhere else.

Not a month goes by that we are not figuring out and doing new things. Here are some things we have done since before Xmas....
Changing the color scheme,
new indoor furniture,
new pool furniture,
new laundry equipment,
new interior doors,
new interior window treatment,
new fishing dock,
new walk ways,
new and bigger flat screen TVs,
new more powerful high speed WiFi,
outdoor painting in new Key West colors,
landscaping,
new deck,
new ceiling fans,
new carpet in the Executive House bedrooms with new leather furniture,
some new stoves,
some new kitchens
some new European style zoned A/C.s (ongoing project)
new electric swimming pool heater.

I am sure I have missed a few things but you get the idea, we are constantly giving love to Whispers and it is our pleasure and delight to see that you have enjoyed it!

THAT is our reward, so thank you!

Warm Wishes

Park Rapids, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

After the month we got used to it, but when we got there they changed our room and said they upgraded us - well if going from a king sized bed to a queen is upgrading I don't know. The couch supposedly new but when you sat on it you sat on the floor, so needless to say we could not use it as a bed. The first two weeks we had to clean the pool to use it and no one and I mean no one came to clean it. When Jeff and Shandra got back things improved alot. The extra chair in our room was cute but very old and fragil so we had no place to sit except on the kitchen chairs. We never got our damage deposit back or credit back for not taking our dog. the pool area was nice when it was clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 62Dolly

Travelers are raving about these Treasure Island hotels

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I realy enjoyed my stay at whispers. It was very nice inside the unit I stayed in, unit number six. the bathroom was very clean and big! The bed was very comfortable and soft, I realy liked the heated pool and the view was was breathtaking in the morning from the dock. I do alot of fishing and was shocked how good the fishing was off the dock! The unit was very clean and the kitchen was very nice. Finding the place was very easy it is right off the main road but not to close as to keep me up at night with trafic noise. Free wifi was nice so I could get some work done as well. The best part was how close to the beach the place was, and publix was just down the street, every friday the lot next to publix has a great little flee market right next to the beach! The price was great and so was my stay at whispers! My only complaint was I couldnt stay longer.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank karli1027
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your lovely email.

You are one of the first to APPRECIATE OUR NEW DOCK!

So glad you enjoyed it.
The old dock was in need of a much needed facelift - so we REBUILT THE DOCK FROM SCRATCH and the last lick of paint went on today March 11th. And it is a thing of beauty!
(We had to wait a couple of months before painting it - to give the wood a chance dry out first).

So we figured, seeing as the dock was new we better Christen it with NEW POOL SIDE FURNITURE. I got some gorgeous sling chairs and some NEW COLORFUL TABLE SIDE CHAIRS for around the pool patio and I hope to put updated pictures on my web site real soon.

Then we figured SOMETHING IS MISSING!

We put beautiful NEW ROPE LIGHTS all around the dock, ADDED NIGHT TIME LIGHTS AS WELL.

Then we still were not done, now we were on a tear, you see.

So we added NEW POOL PATIO FLOOD LIGHTS.

Next time you come back, you can do some night time fishing, and have a real good time BBQ - ing pool side.

Thanks again for your letter!

Jeffrey
Reviewed February 14, 2013

first off I would like to say that after reading all of the terrible reviews I was pleasantly shocked when I arrive at whispers, the place has been updated with all new leather couches from American signature, brand new stoves are in the units the management Jeffrey and his wife Sharda are very lovely couple, anything me or my family needed they ran to our Aid, after reading complaints about the car wash across the street I found it quite convenient after a long drive thru bug infested woods, my kitchen has been completely updated with brand new cherry wood cabinetry and countertops, the bathrooms are not at all what I've read on the reviews they are not bad at all. the doc is brand new and has a fish cleaning table and electric out there for when I caught fish I could fill a them right on the spot, the pool has a heat pump on it which made it very nice the water coming out of it was like bath water!!! I also love the fact that there was flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom, and the price you can't beat it, I stayed for a very reasonable rate and have plenty of money left over to do some shopping at some of the great stores in John's Pass, if you stay here you must try the Floridian Cuban which is a sandwich shop just a few yards from the entrance of whispers. like I said earlier after reading all of the terrible horrible reviews I was completely shocked to find just the opposite! I had a great time and I must thank the family of Sharda and Jeffrey for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Tylerjamesbusch
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review.

We are continually working on Whispers and raising our standards and it is wonderful to see that our hard work is being noticed!
We have completed extensive renovations this year. It is a work in progress.

As you may know, Whispers is a Heritage Florida Property, - it is a labor of love.
Most of the traditional Florida Inns have been knocked down and replaced with McCondos - those soulless fortress like condos that stare out at the road with blank windows and stand empty 6 months of the year.

During the building boom we resisted selling our little, traditional resort to developers, in spite of magnificent offers to sell out.
Whispers has preserved the real Florida of your parents and grand parents era.
A complete change form the chrome and glass hotel chains with a token palm tree in front.

That is the experience we offer. It is quite unique.

Currently we are replacing our A/C's as needed. We are moving to the European style of individual zoned air handlers where you can control the climate in each room individually.

This is a rather new concept in the USA and it is very expensive. We are doing one unit at a time and will complete it over the next few months, after the Spring Break rush.
Currently we are 100% full for the next couple of months. We have to wait for the right moment.

I am delighted that you found us and that you liked what you saw.

Being unique, preserving history and meeting your expectations takes a lot of work : )

But we love it!

Warm Wishes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Island
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Island
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Isl...
#18 of 48 in Treasure Island
#19 of 32 in St. Pete Beach
Bilmar Beach Resort
Bilmar Beach Resort
#7 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to Whispers Resort at Treasure Island? Share your experiences!