Whispers Resort
Bilmar Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$159
Treasure Bay Resort & Marina(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
$134
$118
AscendHotels
$294
$223
$175
Treasure Island Ocean Club(Treasure Island)
$119
Tahitian Beach Motel(Treasure Island)
$125
$281
Orbitz.com
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$174
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
$269
Orbitz.com
Surf Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$350
All reviewsenglish cottageboat dockold floridaholiday inngas grillthe maintenance manwasher dryerjefferyshalafishingdolphinsvacationcookoutintercoastalpoolside
Reviewed June 30, 2012

1 bedroom and a pull out sofa bed. Do not rent this unit if you have more then 2 people. Sofa bed is worn out. It is our first night here and I slept in my car as I guess I will have to do the rest of the week too. Way to expensive for sleeping in the parking lot. Other then that not bad , pool and dock area needs cleaned up but pretty nice.

Room Tip: Good price if you dont have to use the sofa bed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 4rottenkids
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Friends,

I am astonished to see this here. It is the first I have heard of this. It is rather bizarre in my experience.

I am completely baffled why they did not contact me.. That is the logical thing for someone to do. I keep air mattresses as well and they could have had one. On top of a pull out sofa, or on the floor it is quite comfortable. Like a Sleep Number Bed, you can set your level of comfort.

I cannot imagine that they slept in their car let alone that the car was more comfortable than a sofa.
One could sleep on the sofa rather than in a car and be more comfortable.

If they had a problem and choose not tell me about it, how can I help them?

I will say this about my sofa beds, they are not old.
I recommend them for small children. I do not recommend them for large adults or for a couple of adults because of the necessity of having a thin, fold up mattress.
The mattress is designed to fold up and the fact is that the base is a collapsible spring base like a trampoline that also folds up. in the comfort department they are not idea. This is true for all sleeper sofas.

An adult should consider a pull out sofa if they are seeking to save money on lodging, and are willing to put up with some level of discomfort for the sake of price. And especially if they dont mind this sleeping on a pull out sofa. They are not for everybody.

Having said all that, I am certain that this person did not sleep in their car. And if they did without telling me, it is unfortunate because I could have helped them.

Sincerely

Jeffrey Solomon

Reviewed April 20, 2012

The arrival to Florida started off a bit topsy turvy as the airline lost our luggage. We arrived at whispers resort with a lot of stress and panic. The property owner was there to greet us and show us around the property, which I have to say, is the perfect getaway from all the fast paced NYC life. I had told him about our problems at the airport and without even thinking about it he took my information and insured us he would take care of it and to start enjoying our vacation. Easier said then done. Sure enough he had tracked down and organized our luggage to be delivered to us. We stayed there with a great sense of being taken care of and letting go of stress. The room was very clean and everything was provided for us. I highly recommend this place. Best bang for your buck hands down and the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Calm waters and talc powder like sand. I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank seth o
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Seth,

I am happy to have helped you.

I also appreciate your kind comments.

We feel that it is only small and caring mom and pop places like ours that can give the kind of personal attention that we do.

I am glad that you were able to chill out and relax as soon as you got here and that we could help to make that happen for you.

Best wishes

Jeff and Sharda

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Mind over Matter...If you don't mind , it doesn't matter. Whispers is a place that is somewhat outdated if you compare it to the pristine marble condos built today. We found that there were many things that outweigh the glamer of the new condos here. If you can ignore lose door handles, broken light switches and older plumbing and enjoy the great garden, excellant location, waterfront dock and private santuary then you will enjoy Whispers. Our bed was a bit saggy and the couch uncomfortable but the place was clean and well stocked with whatever you need to live . PET friendly too. Would I return....yes .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank josephbrant
jeffmsolomon, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Hi Joseph,

Thanks so much for your kind comments.

We do keep close to our "raison d'etre" our reason to be, our mission statement.

Whispers is a 50's / 60"s original and a bit of Florida heritage.

Sharda and I resisted the developers through the "McCondo's" boom in Florida.

We could have sold out for a couple of million bucks but we have a higher goal, to preserve our local history and the authenticity of a traditional Florida Experience for future generations.

We like to say that Whispers is Bee Wop a Doo from a more innocent time of the corner drug store and before cookie cutter motels mushroomed across the landscape.

The garden is a labor of love. Twelve years ago when we took over the property it was a paved over concrete sterile thing. We replaced it with loads of tropical plants, bushes, trees and palms and today we have a REAL Florida tropical garden full of ferns, ginger, bamboo, palms and real avocado and mango trees. Lush and thriving.

We are always looking for ways to improve and if that means a harder or a softer mattress, just let me know.

We have genuine feather beds that are very comfortable, but there are those that like a real hard sleep and we can switch it out for you.
If there ANYTHING that will make your stay better and more comfortable we will do it.

JUST ASK!

All the plumbing and electric was replaced a couple of years ago when we renovated the condos, and installed a new pool.

Have a great summer,

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was saddened to see the bad reviews and had to comment, my family of 4 stayed here a couple of years ago we were looking for "affordable with a kitchen and a comfortable bed within walking distance to the beach" we got all that and more the tropical landscaping they have done is very pretty lighted up at night and we had a small private patio to relax, the kitchen worked for our needs, the furniture was not fancy in any way, so what, the beach is so close who cares about the couch, all in all, for the price of staying in a super 8 you get a comfy little place to call home for your vacation, if you expect fancy please feel free to pay more, lots more, its treasure island after all!! My only suggestion is some pool heat Jeff, in june the pool is too cold to use unless you are 10 and dont care if y6our lips are blue!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your review.

Our goal is to preserve and provide an authentic Florida Vacation from the "Good ol' Days" when many of us came to Florida with our parents.

When we packed up the family in the old "woodie" station wagon and headed south.

The developers were right on our heels begging us with cash offers so that they could tear us down.
So much of Treasure Island is gone and we are delighted to keep a unique and authentic bit of real Florida.

Every condo has a unique theme, such as Africa, England, the Orient etc, because these are places that we have lived or have loved.
And Florida is nothing if not eclectic!

We hope you love it as much as we do!

Thanks so much for writing in!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is not a resort. Dirty, unkept, out dated......I could go on and on. We were very disapointed by Whispers on every level. The place is very old and has not been kept up. Walkways need to be dug up and replaced then maintained. Dirty and cracked. Fountains could be charmimg if painted and maintained. This is the theme through out Whispers, a quiant place that could be fabulous if only the owners put some money into it. The funriture in our unit was very old and tatered.Mismatched. Had to put a sheet over the couch to cover the old dingy cover which was on it. The chair and couch sat so low from being old that we had to put pillows in it. Stove was rusty and burners did not sit flat. Dishes were dirty and had to be washed before use.Toaster was rusted out as well as tea pot, could not use it to boil water. Other pans were worn out and unuseable too. Floors dirty, unit was bad.Towels were mismatched and STAINED! Bed was ofcourse old and sinking in the middle. So many pads on the bed that the bottom sheet did not stay put.The private patio outside the untit---I'd never want to sit out there, dirty as well. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.
Pool was dirty, did not dare to go in it. Not only is there too much shrubbery but a huge rubber tree sits over the pool which means that leafs are always in the pool and walk ways. Floor of pool was dirty as well. Furniture around pool is old and ragged, not a pretty sight.
Location is by an busy intersection, Whispers is on a busy cross street that connects with the main street so the traffic noise is very loud, coupled with noisy neighbors in the building next door made for a far from quite retreat at Whispers.
Owners seemed like nice folks but do not put much into the property, Whispers needs a 100% renovation and THEN professional maintance.
So believe the negative reveiws that you read here, they are 100% true, do a drive by and a walk through and you'll get the true picture.
The positive is that Whispers is close to the beach and Publix.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank s g

It is unfortunate that a person can affect the livelihood of an owner without a thought as to what harm they are doing.

Sharda and I have put our heart and soul into Whispers and in keeping this property in balance, updated but still a 50's era traditional Florida resort.

Do we keep the original colored bathroom fittings and tiles that you cannot replace these days, or do we re-make the bathrooms with modern beige tiles from Home Depot?
These are the kind of decisions we continually make.
We opted for the first option.

Like a vintage car, you see fewer of them as time goes by.

Where one person sees a treasure another sees junk.

If a guest has an issue we do respond to it because we are very responsive to our guests comfort.

One guest, complained that the front door was rusted on the bottom where the door meets the ground.
We replaced the door right away!

As far as cleaning is concerned, we do it ourselves with the help of some wonderful gals who have been with us for years. if you do have an issue, if we did overlook anything, or if you need something special, just let us know and we will be there!

One guest liked cooking and she told me that she would love to have a certain type of roasting pan and other assorted types of cookware. Although she was only here for a week I went out and got her $100.00 worth of brand new cook ware!
(No charge of course).

Another lady had hurt her neck the week before coming to stay with us. She told me that she was in a lot of pain and discomfort and was not enjoying her stay.

I went out and bought her a medical neck brace.
(No charge of course).
It helped her to sleep and get around in greater comfort.

There is simply no excuse to complain and not seek solution, unless if you simply want to be vindictive or mean.

My policy is to take care of ANYTHING within my ability to do so, to make your stay a great one.