Whispers has a lot of potential but, unfortunately maintainence does not seem to be the owners strong point. We booked Whispers based on the web-site and information supplied by the owner.On the website it looks gorgeous, but the reality is somewhat different. We arrived after travelling for around 22 hours,tired out and wanting sleep.After walking through the gate into the 'secluded' garden(for secluded read "overgrown").We were greeted by the site of tarpaulin and plastic sheeting over the roof of the whole left hand side of the complex, tied to bushes, benches and trees. We then found out that we were not expected(despite bieng booked for 6 months and keeping in touch via email) and were told that the property was clean but the bed needed making up. We went for a meal and returned to get some badly needed sleep. The next morning we started to look around. The shelves in the fridge were rusty, there was rust around the edge of the fridge door, there was a large amount of acciumulated dust in various places(behind chairs, on lamp shades), loose wires running to ceiling fans, the list goes on. The pool was full of leaves,the path to the pool was covered with debris(leaves ,branches etc.) The next day we locked ourselves out when going down to the pool(the patio door lock was broken and locked itself behind us). The next night at around 10.30 p.m. the air con.
broke down.With temperatures in the mid 80's we were told that the earliest an engineer could come was 5.00a.m.(was this acceptible?). We were told to open the windows to let some air circulate and on trying to raise the window blind, the whole lot came down.broke in two and fell down behind the settee. This was the final straw and we demanded to either be moved to another unit or have our money returned and we would have booked into a hotel for the rest of our two weeks. We were given directions to Bermuda Bay Beach Club which we were told was "much more expensive". The condo at Bermuda Bay was a vast improvement, but there were still things that needed attention.Ceiling fans were loose, sockets in the walls were not fixed properly, and we found 1 dead and 2 live cockroaches. We have our own photographs and video to prove all of the above. The Bermuda Bay community was great, the people were great and we had a good vacation. But i would not advise anyone to book at Whispers whilst it is with these owners and find other owners to book with at Bermuda Bay........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright and Cheerful Unique Themed Decor Boutique Resort.......Your choice of One and Two Bedroom Condominiums Plus a 3 Bedroom House!.....Fabulous waterfront location in the heart of Treasure Island..... *** Close to Shops, Dining, Supermarket, Water Sports, Beach Trolley.....This Unique Heritage Property has been Updated in Fall 2012..... *** Full Kitchens with full size Appliances, Stove, Microwave, Fridge. *** All Appliances, Cookware, Dinnerware included. *** Iron, Hair Dryer, Linens, Beach Towels. *** Tiled throughout *** Large Size Feather Beds offer a Luxurious Sleeping Experience. *** Pull Out Sofas in Living Room *** Free Wi Fi *** Free Cable 70+ Channels *** Large Flat Screen TV's *** DVD Player, Stereo System *** All Ground Floor Suites with Private Patios..... Water Front with Lush Tropical Gardens....... *** Heated Pool *** Large Fishing Dock *** Bay Front *** Dolphin Watching *** Boat Mooring *** BBQ *** Very Private and Secluded. *** Fully Fenced. Children and Pets Welcome. *** Free Parking.......Beach Access take your car or a short six minute walk....... *** Close to Historic Johns Pass Village - 1 mile *** 20 minutes to Down Town St Petersburg and Tropicana Stadium *** 35 minutes to Tampa International Airport and Clearwater Airport *** 45 Minutes to Busch Gardens *** 45 Minutes to Hard Rock Casino *** 90 Minutes to Disney, Universal and Sea World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Whispers Resort at Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Florida