“grat vacation”

The Tahitian Resort Treasure Island
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed July 20, 2014

great place for a week vacation / we had a 1 bedroom facing the beach it was great .good price and everything is close by ,the sunset is beautiful and the kids had a great time.recomended,alot of place near by to eat and the you always have a nice view if you eat at the pear.

Room Tip: always facing the beach
1  Thank Rey C

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I was set to check in to the Tahitian 7/20/14 and stay 3 nights. The Tahitian debited my checking account $997.40 a week prior to arrival. I called to ask why and was told they could not find a reason and the hold on the funds were released. They indicated that they work on the mistake...however, after two days the funds had not been returned and i had to go through my bsnks fraud department to get my money back. Then, the next day my checking account was debited for $998.00, and again, I called to notify them of this and again could not get an explanation as to why that would happen. This was a Friday and this time my account was overdrawn as a result of them debiting my account such a large sum. Our stay wasn't even going to total half of this amount. When I mentioned to the manager that I would receive fees for my overdrawn account he indicated he was not going to reimburse those fees until we could prove it. They offered no accommodation for twice taking money out of my account. It s scary that they have access to people's debit account number and can just pull a large sum out at random. They offered no accommodation for their mistake. They acted like it was no big deal. I ultimately canceled my reservation. Worst experience ever!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Gaby R
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Spent three nights here and slept great. Actually slept till after nine one morning. My daughter and 3 year old grandson were with me and they agreed. Very comfortable beds, very clean.
We enjoyed both the kiddy pool and the big pool.
The staff were very helpful from check in, during the stay and at check out. They offered places to eat and suggested delivery places too! All turned out to be very good.

Room Tip: Room by the pool was quiet, Our room had a kitchenette.
3  Thank Dianne R
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a really nice place to stay. Very clean and friendly plus its right on the beach! Loved having a hotel room with a kitchenette, table with 4 chairs and a couch! The staff was really nice...Tracey, Dawn and Ashley checked us in and out and kept our room very clean! Thanks for a great stay! I will recommend and stay here again!

Room Tip: We asked for and received a room on the first (lower) level - loved it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank jhd28
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Great place for a family getaway at an excellent price. The room was clean, the staff was friendly/ helpful, and it was right on the beach! The beds are comfortable and the kitchen was sufficiently stocked with equipment for cooking small meals. There were three grills outside, first come, first serve, and lots of picnic tables and chairs outside and undercover. We will definitely be back again.
Be aware, parking is tight, but the resort is centrally located, so there is no need to move the car once you have a good parking space. The staff also made us aware of a car service to provide transportation to John's Pass and the immediate area for free, (just be sure to tip the driver). Wi-Fi is spotty and drops often, even when the server is rebooted.
We had a great time!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JDS328
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Another great week with family and friends. This place does need some updating but for the price it's great. The staff is so friendly . We go every year for a week and we have a blast! I recommend this place to the laid back kind of person because there is always a lot of things going on a people hanging out . If you are grumpy or like peace and quite this place is not for you :)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family & I stayed here on 4th of July wknd. There were roaches in the room & people who were not guests were coming off the beach & using pool & barbeques & leaving trash everywhere. Came out of my room about 12am for a walk & saw homosexuals having sex on patio. Security? What security??!

Room Tip: Don't get a room there......
4  Thank W C