“Not what I expected!”

Arvilla Resort Motel Treasure Island
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed April 6, 2013

From other trip advisor reviews I expected much more. I was looking for a one night stay at the beach and when I called Arvilla had a room available. I was asked to provide a credit card number over the phone and the rate was approximately $150 including tax. So I had to pay sight unseen in advance. When I arrived I found that parking is very tight. If you have a large vehicle or a nice one that you want to protect you will not be happy. I could barely get in and out of the car. The staff was very pleasant during check-in and at other times. When I entered the room I found something from the 1950's. Other trip advisor reviews indicated the place is very clean. However nothing about the room made me feel clean. The carpet was dark (dingy) and I couldn't tell if it was clean. Every cup I used from the cupboard was visibly dirty and needed to be cleaned. I found a used que-tip on the counter top under a cloth. The tub had the no-slip tape strips in the bottom which were peeling and the tub looked dirty but may have been so old it could no longer be made to look clean. There is a very small TV in the room. There was a coffee maker in the room but no coffee and we had top walk down to the office area to get coffee in the morning. When I called I was told the motel is directly on the beach which it is. What I wasn't told is that the beach is so wide at the hotel it's quite a hike to the water. It's at least a 5 minute walk. The pool looked nice but I didn't get in. I'm glad I didn't plan more than one night. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mikeinintegra

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved the Arvilla!!! The staff was excellent! Went out of their way to help and get to know you!! The pool was awesome!! Always clean and blocked from the wind with plenty of sunshine. Wish the bathrooms were updated and a little larger but the rooms were clean and comfortable. Would stay again!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Clouison
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at the Arvilla in March 2013 for 8 nights. It was very enjoyable and relaxing.
The pool and the accomodations made our stay fun. If something needs attention -- the
staff will help fix the situation. We will definitely go back !!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TripHelp272
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I have been going to the Arvilla for more than 10 years and it is always excellent! The staff Jim, Brenda, Malika, Shurla and Greg go out of their way to make you feel at home and will do whatever is necessary to make your stay enjoyable. The whole facility is very clean and tidy. After all these years we continue to see the same wonderful people that have become very good friends. Can't wait for next years time to roll around! A wonderful place to enjoy Florida!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bookguy111
Reviewed March 17, 2013

we stayed at the arvilla march 6th-14th. nice,clean and comfortable. always chairs by the pool.the staff, malika, shurla & greg are the best thing since sliced bread! very helpful and friendly. if you want to relax, and want to expierence how staying in fla. used to be, stay at the arvilla! be sure to check the photos in the lobby of arvilla in the early 1960's

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tom a
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Everyone of the staff at the Arvilla went the extra mile to see that my
needs were taken care. The Arvilla is convenient to shopping, restaurants and is right on the beach. If you want a clean hotel with a great pool book your stay at the Arvilla, I have already booked my stay
for 2014.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jerry764
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Arvilla for at least 10 or better years and have watched many people come and go and made many friends that I still keep in touch with. I missed 2012 as there were deaths in my family and medical illnesses that kept us away and needless to say we were disappointed. This year we though for sure we could make it and being excited to return I have there number in a vacation book I called and booked a room for August, only to find out 5 days later we could not after go. I immediately called and explained my situation and was told I would not receive my $296.00 deposit back as that is their new policy. They would hold it for one year, February to february. I was taken back as I did not know of this policy till I called and then read it on the receipt. At this time it was to late. Had I know I would not have booked so early. The policy came out after I stopped going for that one year. I never go in the winter so as you see I could never use this credit as it will expire before summer of 2014. As nice as it is and as pleasant as the staff may be, in these hard financial times this policy is not reasonable, especially since I cancelled within a week. I did not hold up a room from being rented on them. Sorry to say I will not return to the Arvilla Resort as my family and I have stayed at for many years. Taking peoples hard earned money that way is just wrong.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family