“seeing old friends”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Arvilla Resort Motel Treasure Island
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Elyria, Ohio, United States
“seeing old friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Everyone of the staff at the Arvilla went the extra mile to see that my
needs were taken care. The Arvilla is convenient to shopping, restaurants and is right on the beach. If you want a clean hotel with a great pool book your stay at the Arvilla, I have already booked my stay
for 2014.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jerry764

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Woodbridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Arvilla for at least 10 or better years and have watched many people come and go and made many friends that I still keep in touch with. I missed 2012 as there were deaths in my family and medical illnesses that kept us away and needless to say we were disappointed. This year we though for sure we could make it and being excited to return I have there number in a vacation book I called and booked a room for August, only to find out 5 days later we could not after go. I immediately called and explained my situation and was told I would not receive my $296.00 deposit back as that is their new policy. They would hold it for one year, February to february. I was taken back as I did not know of this policy till I called and then read it on the receipt. At this time it was to late. Had I know I would not have booked so early. The policy came out after I stopped going for that one year. I never go in the winter so as you see I could never use this credit as it will expire before summer of 2014. As nice as it is and as pleasant as the staff may be, in these hard financial times this policy is not reasonable, especially since I cancelled within a week. I did not hold up a room from being rented on them. Sorry to say I will not return to the Arvilla Resort as my family and I have stayed at for many years. Taking peoples hard earned money that way is just wrong.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Dawn560
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everyone was so nice! The hotel is extremely clean. Immediately after entering our room, we could tell that they scrub the rooms top to bottom. No stains, no funky smells. We loved being right on the beach. Although a little outdated, everything else about the hotel is wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Rach986
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Where to start? Upon entering our 2nd floor gulf-front suite, we were thrilled to see exactly what is depicted in the photos on the motel website; panoramic views of the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The convenience of a full-size fridge and stove with oven made "cooking in" easy. The accommodations were very comfortable and clean; the staff went above and beyond to attend to all requests; the owner, Jim, brought fresh strawberries and ice cream for the guests twice during our stay. The newly constructed boardwalk on the beachside of the hotel is an asset to the location as you can walk to many places up and down the beach without being out along the street. Shopping and restaurants are within walking distance. The property offers nice bedding, fluffy towels, and extra towels for the pool. As a confirmation of our satisfaction, we have booked our suite for next year!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherry F
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at this property from 1-12-13 to 1-19-13. The manager was among the friendliest host I have encountered. They were very meticulous about keeping the property up and it showed. About 20% of the rooms were gulf front and 80% of the rooms were gulf view. We had one of the units facing the gulf (gulf front). This place is a amazing and just what we needed. The beach is right outside your door. If you want to get away form it all, relax, and enjoy peace and quiet then this place is for you.

The property was so clean and well kept. Beautiful pool that was well maintained, clean, and refreshing. The courtyard area was like something you would see on a postcard. Room was spacious. Nice full kitchen. Coffee is freshly brewed every morning at 6:00 am. Within walking distance to John's Pass, shops, and restaurants. Newly constructed "walk way" is located right off the property near the beach.

I will not hesitate to recommend this motel. We will definitely go back to this little piece of paradise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David D
Galion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Everything was so clean, inside and out! From the kitchen to the bath and bedrooms it was spotless. The staff was so friendly and hardworking. We were there over the new year for a week. We like the family atmosphere. We felt very welcome. We checked out other rooms so we could pick one out for this summer. We have been going to Treasure Island for quite a few years, and we made a great find in the Arvilla. We are already booked for July, hope to see you there!!! We'll be grilling and in the pool,or walking on the beach,or shopping, playing shuffleboard,or cards. There is so much to do within walking distance, and then you come back home to the Arvilla and relax. Kathy G. from Ohio

Room Tip: Do the online tour to find what suits your needs.