“We found our slice of paradise!!”

Arvilla Resort Motel Treasure Island
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Every year we have our family & friends get together on Treasure Island. We love staying at the "mom & pop" motels. This was our first stay at the Arvilla Resort but certainly will not be our last. The staff, Shirla & Greg, are very friendly & very helpful. The grounds & pool were kept clean at all times. The rooms were very clean with comfy beds & a fully stocked kitchenette. There is also a gas grill for cooking out, which we took full advantage of.
We all decided that this is where we will gather every year for our get together event.
Thank you for taking such good care of us all & making our vacation an event to remember!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angelia S
There are newer reviews for Arvilla Resort Motel Treasure Island

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here during 6/28/12 to 7/3/12 and had a great time. The room was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. However I do have a few small recommendations to improve the stay of your guests. First the pool is open 9am until dusk and when I say dusk, the gates were chained at 8:40pm. Now I don't want this place to be a party hotel but when you're on vacation and want to enjoy the warm florida nights and swim in a warm and clean pool, shouldn't you be able to do so? Not only that, if you want to sit out by the pool and talk, you can't even access that area. There is a nice common area by the office but it is underneath a platform and has the feel of sitting in an inside patio. When I'm on vacation I want to be outside, see the stars, listen to the ocean etc. Maybe develop the area away from the pool by the shuffleboard courts into a sitting area? The area by the grill is way too small and if people from another room are there, it's already too crowded. Also the bedding is changed every 5th day. Well we stayed here 6 days so the day before we leave the bedding is changed and then you're (hopefully) going to change it again before the next guests arrive? Why not change them once in the middle of a stay? Also the kitchentte we had was great and we did use it. But when your guests are using a fridge and cooking, you need to come up to the room and empty the garbage every day. Don't just bring fresh towels and that's it. Also the bed in the upstaits gulfview unit next to the window needs a new mattress. My wife and I kept rolling into the middle becuase the was such a deep depression in the mattress it seemed like a black hole. Finally the shower head in our unit needed to have the lime/calcium removed and cleaned from it. My son got something in his eye after taking as shower and we had to go the the drugstore to buy eyewash. The showerhead needs a good cleaning. I know these are relatively minor items and I don't want to scare away any customers but I want the staff to make everybody's stay the best they ever had. This is a very good place and you'll be glad you stayed here.

Room Tip: Choose a upstairs room for great views of the gulf.
3  Thank McBoomer
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family had two separate rooms over the 4th of July, a standard Queen and a King w kitchenette. Both rooms were spotlessly clean and very welcoming with great beds and snowy white fluffy towels. The whole facility is like a perfectly preserved step back in time to a gentler era where everybody greets you with smiles and obviously enjoys thier stay. The beach is a 5 minute stroll from the pool area. We are looking forward to our next visit. Thanks to the Arvilla staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JaxTraveller50
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We came in search of property surrounding this wonderful beach. We asked our realtor for a few names of hotels and she gave us some fancy modern places along with some oldies but goodies. The Arvilla looked charming and we took a chance. Wow! If you want to enjoy staying in a quaint hotel with a fabulous pool steps from the beach than look no further. The service is superb and the facilities are clean. We even some locals that choose the Arvilla again and again when they want to get away from the hustle bustle of traffic and sip cocktails watching the sunset from the cozy chairs that surround this establishment. We are happy to say that we found our new hotel to recommend to family when they come to visit us in our new home:)

Room Tip: Bring extra beach towels and sturdy flip-flops as the beach is a long walk to the water:)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kwartist
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is our third stay at the Arvilla. Our first stay was back in the early 90's. Then, again in 2000. Now, it's 2012. Lots of things change in 12 years, but we were hoping the Arvilla had not. We were pleasantly surprised that the room was just as clean and the staff just as nice as we had remembered. Shurla, Greg and Lisa made sure everything was perfect. Jim, the owner, stopped by almost every day to chat with the poolside and terrace guests and to ensure things were going smoothly. In short, this is a great place to stay! The pool is crystal clear, the beach is right there and the staff is very friendly. What more could you ask for? We look forward to staying at the Arvilla again the next time we visit Treasure Island.

1  Thank Will_and_Sandy
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Staying at Arvilla was completely by chance, and I was so lucky!! I arrived at the resort around 5am with no reservation, when the whole of Treasure Island was asleep. Bless his heart, I woke Jim out of sleep and he came to my rescue and rented me a room! I couldn't apologize enough for this rude inconvenience of mine, and his response was- "don't worry, I was getting up in an hour anyway." I was so thankful! If it weren't for him I probably would have been sleeping on the beach!

In addition to Jim, the sincerity and kindness of the staff is comparable to what family would do for you. I'm not a high-maintenance guest (except at 5am on a Saturday morning), but the few things that I did need, everyone was happy to help with a smile and a nice chat included!

My room was the perfect size and was super clean. It included a microwave, toaster, fridge and freezer, and dishes- including a coffee mug for the fresh brewed coffee in the common area (which is perfect to have when you stumble down the stairs with a slight hangover...). The bathroom was clean with adequate towels with cute deco.

Outside every room are chairs and tables where you can chill and enjoy your coffee, breakfast, or a cigarette.

Outside in the common area is the pool with loungers, and tables with umbrellas by a sweet grill. The grocery story is just a short walk away, so you have everything you need to make a meal at Arvilla. There is also a clean, nice size pool, although I couldn't bring myself to use it with the beach steps away...

The location of Arvilla is perfect. The beach is amazing, the sand soft, and the sunsets are gorgeous. Bars are close by, It is perfect to go for a run on the boardwalk, along Gulf Blvd, or just walk along the beach.

I can't think of one thing I would improve about Arvilla or my experience there. For me, it was one pleasant surprise after another. I have traveled the world, and give honest critiques of my experiences. This experience ranks high on my list in many ways. Just typing this review makes me want to go back there immediately!!!

Thanks, Arvilla, for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: any room is great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank hdanna
Reviewed June 17, 2012

First of all, I have to say that I was a bit skeptical about staying at a motel, as everybody knows that they are usually very dirty and uninspiring places, but the Arvilla motel is different. We found it by chance after going through about five or six other motels (all of which were not nice, as they charged a higher rate and had rooms that had a smell of smoke...), and we were surprised by its cleanliness and by the courtesy of the staff. The pool was clean and right in front of our room, and the beach was right next to the motel (be prepared to walk a bit to get to the sea). All in all, we thought it was very good.

Room Tip: The rooms at the very end of the motel are larger and offer a beach view.
2  Thank Sam C