“Omigosh!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arvilla Resort Motel Treasure Island

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Arvilla Resort Motel Treasure Island
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
“Omigosh!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I labored for three days trying to find somewhere with availability on Treasure Island to stay for Mother's Day weekend. When I was about to give up I finally found Arvilla. The Gulf Front Suite is clean, spacious, and updated. I will never forget how nice the ladies up front are. So incredibly inviting, cheerful, and extremely helpful. We will use Arvilla for all of our future excursions to the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Brooke T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Haliburton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I recently spent 3 weeks at the Arvilla on Treasure Island, and I have to say that it was the best time I have ever had in Florida. The hotel is quaint, friendly and the cleanest place I have ever stayed. I honestly cannot say enough about this romantic throw back to old time Florida! From the moment I woke up and ventured out onto my sitting area with my breakfast on lap, I was greeted by one of the girls cleaning the pool, (which is lovely with good quality lounge chairs, and palms with enough shade if you want), while listening to the subtle and tastefull music in the background, feeling that I was with family, which was created by the girls, Shurla, Melika Mary and Lisa, and of course the wonderful owner Jim, who is super friendly, funny, caring and totally involved and in tune with what is going on. My room, which I shared with my sister for the first week, was wonderful, clean and spacious with a kitchenette to prepare meals (which we did most evenings, as it was more pleasant to hang around there than to go out for dinner). The ocean is right in front of you, and the water wonderful, and the beach is kept up every day. It is in a perfect position should you choose to wander to restaurants, and other attractions. I happen to be a manager of a hotel in Northern Ontario, so I do know what I speak about, understanding what it takes to make a successful hotel. They have it all! Huge thanks to everyone there (and I honestly cannot say enough good things about this place). I challenge anyone to find a more comfortable and homey place in the area. My sister and I are already busy trying to plan our next trip.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or fitness centre, so I did not mention that, but hey, the fitness centre is...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank GlendaLynn
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

In reading some of the positive reviews and descriptions of this accomodation, I can only vehemently agree. Accomodating all of the needs of the guests seems to be the mantra of this group from the top down. Early in my stay, the owner made it a point to seek me out and ask if there was anything the staff could do to make my time more enjoyable. He made a comment about how he wanted his guests to experience a clean facility and to have fun. The place is spotless and the staff is constantly making sure of that. The two ladies who looked after our room were like new friends but they seemed to know perfectly well when to leave my sister and me alone to have a quiet conversation in this lovely little haven as well as enjoy the soothing music playing all day. I loved it and have now found a place to stay in Treasure Island without having to search ever again! Well done all of you! Love, Esther.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on any other rooms but ours was very cozy and I liked that in a few steps, I could...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Yvonne D
Ct.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Third time staying there and peaceful! Nice week long vacation and wonderful staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank whalers
Oak Park, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Okay... I guess I should say that 'I'm an old guy' to begin with. To find a place that reminds me of my childhood is a joy! I might have used the word "quaint" but it has already been used and may give the wrong impression, because I mean the word to be used in its best definition. This is a small beachfront motel which might not have five-star amenities, like the big guys, but it has just the kind of charm my wife and I were looking for. Each morning that we went out to the street, I half expected to find a 57 Chevy or an Edsel, parked in the lot. This is time-travel to the past, but with flatscreen TVs and WiFi!
We stayed a week in one of the two larger suites that overlook the beach, which was just a few steps away from our door. Because the room was equipped with a kitchenette, we dined in most of the time, and it was a pleasure. The view from our table was stupendous, especially at sunset. The Arvilla, has an oh-so-lovely little pool, with plenty of deck chairs, a place to barbecue, if you're of a mind, and a tiny sweet garden that is lovingly kept. In point of fact, all the property is cared for in such a way as to assure a long life for this little jewel.
Travelers have to see this place for what it is: NOT a cookie-cutter resort. It is a place to be cherished. It is very easy to be on a first name basis with every member of the small, dedicated staff, who want you to be comfortable and to feel welcomed. If you are accustomed to what passes for a hotel stay these days, you might find yourself a bit disoriented, as this is a quiet and private setting which is, at the same time immediately adjacent to whatever hustle and bustle you'd like.
We found our room(s) to be comfortably, if not elegantly, furnished. The bathroom harkens back to the 1950s, but that is not a critique, because it was quite serviceable. There is a washer and dryer available (outdoors), next to a large coffee urn kept full during the daylight hours. Did I mention that it was right on the beach?
Parking is a trifle challenging as the lot is right up against the street, and so it takes a little maneuvering to get in and out, but that's not a drawback.
If they'll have us, we'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite on the first floor with a view of the Gulf. The Windows went around the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BancoDeSangre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was extremely pleased with every part of my stay at Arvilla Resort Motel. Upon arrival, the room was clean and very spacious. We had a two room suite, which made it very comfortable for all four people in my group. There was a flat screen TV in both rooms, and a full sized shower and bath tub for washing off the sand after a day at the beach. The beach at Treasure Island is beautiful and was just a short walk from the room. I also spent a lot of time admiring the gulf view from the pool and patio area on the middle of the motel property. The location is great and within walking distance to many restaurants, shops, and grocery stores. The motel staff is very friendly and accommodating and seemed to be right there every time I needed something or had a question. The Arvilla is going to be our destination of choice on Treasure Island.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Casperse
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We only found this motel by being referred after calling several other places that were booked. We only spent 1 night but would have loved to have stayed more. It's a quaint, old florida motel. It's very clean and well taken care of! The pool area is nice and the location to the beach, restaurants, tiki bars is great! We parked the car and walked to all. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple