See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I happened to discover this little gem by a drive by.I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.If you are NOT looking for a loud,party,spring break type atmosphere....this motel is a must stay.The pool area and garden are lovingly maintained by the owner Jerzey.If you are one to "stop and smell the roses" and reap the joys of nature,this place is for you.The tropical gardens are spectacular and the smell deevine!.All rooms open to the garden/pool area.Upon entering my room with 2 double beds,I was impressed by the cleanliness.The beds were comfortable and the bathroom spacious.I was surprised the room was outfitted with a microwave,refrigerator,toaster,coffee maker,dishes and utensils for the price of the room.While it is a no frills attached kinda stay,you will be very comfortable in the location and convenience of the beauty of treasure island beach 1/2 block away.The host and his wife Marta went above and beyond in accomodating our needs to make this stay most personal and very much enjoyable.I am a local and have stayed along the beaches of Pinellas many times and consider this a blessed discovery.But keep it quiet to keep the price low. PEACE

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank flygirl4real
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I have stayed at the SeaJay for 9 years now. The owner Jerzy is very helpful and accomodating, The rooms are painted with a bright Key West look and kept very neat,
Some furniture could use updating but it is like a summer cottage to me, it's not quite
home but still comfortable. The location is perfect, right in the middle of everything I enjoy and the rates are reasonable. If you want fancy pay the $160 a night and stay elswhere but for a good time the SeaJay is it!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rumking
Reviewed September 17, 2010

The motel and grounds are wonderful. There is plenty of room all around the pool ,The building could use some up grades in room, but that should be expected of an older motel. I have read poor reviews on this motel, however was extremly surprised at the level of service, comfort and cleansilness. I had no negative experiances at the Sea Jay Motel, and would definatly stay there agian

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank tlynch1800
Reviewed September 11, 2010

After reading the reviews I was a little hesitant in staying at this motel, but upon my arrival I felt at home, the owner was friendly and very helpful. The motel is beautifully landscaped and is just steps away from the beach, it's quite, and has a peaceful atomsphere. For the money we paid it was worth it compared to the surrounding hotels.
Peter Iwanowski

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2010

This place is fantastic. The rooms are very well looked after, with bright fresh color schemes. They are clean and comfortable and in a quiet location just a few steps from the beach, though not directly on it. Parking is right by the motel and costs nothing. The owner Jerzy is a really nice Polish guy, who obviously cares about the running of his place. He loves it and looks after it very well. He was extremely hospitable and an absolute delight to spend some time chatting to in the afternoons.

I looked at a few places before I checked in here and most of the other places I looked at were more expensive/untidy/noisy, so I was really happy to find this one. I will return here without a doubt.

Cleanliness 5/5 - The place was spotless in the room and around the pool. Jerzy spends a lot of his time keeping the place tidy, sweeping up outside, washing the windows, and keeping the garden beautiful.

Location 5/5 - Very center of Treasure Island, dozens of top quality bars and restaurants within five minutes walking. Beach is about 100 ft away, just the right distance, close to get to yet away from noisy spring breakers. Golf - 9 hole course less than 1 mile away on Paradise Island. 18 hole course 10 minutes by car just off the island.

Rooms 4/5 - Well looked after. Clean, comfortable bed. Slept well every night. Good showers. Full size fridge/freezer. Some facilities are dated but still work well. Painting of walls is well kept up, colors are great.

Service 4/5 - See comments above about Jerzy. Lovely person. Looked after us really well. If he is not around, there is a phone by the office that you can lift that goes directly to his cellphone. Like I said above he owns this place and really cares about looking after it and making sure everyone enjoys their stay.

Value 3/5 - Good value for what we paid, under $100 per night. Especially considering the half dozen other comparable places i looked at all cost more. Some are double the price. If you must have direct beach access you will pay more elsewhere.

Sleep quality 5/5 - Great bed, quiet yet central location. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple