“hateful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
eriklife24
“hateful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

This resort is not ready for black people.You can feel the way they act to toward us.They try to run us away from there.The property and beach is so beautiful,but the people act like they never seen black people.Sorry will never stay on treasure island again.Mrytle beach is the best.

Room Tip: if you are black don't stay.....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank eriklife24
llr0516, General Manager at Crystal Palms Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
The policies and procedures of the hotel are in place for all of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Riverview, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband just got back from Iraq and we need it a place to were we can spent time with the family and friends and this was the perfect place... We were there in May 27th to the 29th...We had an amazing beautiful view from our place, great service and was near restaurants and shops.. We will defiantly will go back...This place will be our own little getaway... Highly recommended to everyone... What you see in the pictures is what you are going to get and more... Awesome gateway.. Thank you Crystal Palms.... We will see you again soon!! ☺

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I have traveled to St Pete many times for mini getaways and have stayed at many different hotels and motels along gulf blvd and this one tops them all off. Fully loaded kitchen with gorgeous amenities and a super comfy and roomy king size bed. We enjoyed the private balcony and the swimming areas very much as well. Wonderful experience!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Mrosario314
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were very happy with everything at the Crystal Palms Beach Resort. Staff was extremely helpful. The suite had everything we needed. Great view of the Gulf of Mexico and near the places we wanted to visit. This was our second time to stay here and we will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
wesley chapel, florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was hesitant to book here after the roach report and even asked the front desk staff. He assured me that it was an isolated event. I found the grounds, the building, and most im-
portantly my 2 bedroom suite, very clean. The furnishings were comfortable and attractive.
The room and balcony were much larger than I imagined, but the walk was more of a hike
than I expected. That was no problem for my husband and myself, but I would never allow
my child to cross the very busy street with no an adult. There are plenty of activities and wonderful
places to eat with St. Pete Beach and in the other direction, John's Pass (marvelous collection
of eateries and shops), a hop away. I do have one pet peeve -- parking is assigned. When I
checked in, my spot was occupied and the front desk told me to park anywhere. Someone remained in my space for the majority of the time. At 10:00 p.m. (after a full day, we were in bed),
the front desk called and told me I had to move my car. I said my space had been taken. He said it was now open and I had to move my car "NOW". I was very offended and asked the recourse
to refusing -- he told me my car would be towed! Why another guest could force me out of my bed and be so inconvienced when I had been so co-operative baffled me. Are some guests more
special than others? To bad the attractive unit left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank plbfla
Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We rented 1 of the 3 bedroom suites on the top floor this past weekend and it was better than we even imagined. The suite was HUGE each bedroom was generously spacious with its own private bathroom. I am a true hotel snob having done alot of travel and I was honestly very impressed. The suite came with all the amenities that you could need, pots/pans, dish washer, washer/dryer, paper towels, etc.

The view was truley ocean front - even though you arent "beach front" there is no big buildings in your way to block your view.

By far the staff really made the trip pleasurable, they were always friendly asking what we needed and if everything was OK. We had one issue with our drain in the shower and they fixed it right away.

The walk to the beach was a simple jump across the street and you were on white sand with warm water. There is alot of beach bars / restaraunts in teh local area and there is a free beach shuttle that you can take. Try Sloppy Joes and Caddys for some casual beach fun !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank erintacey
llr0516, General Manager at Crystal Palms Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience and are taken care of.
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

A few years ago we discovered Crystal Palms Beach Resort on Treasure Island. We wouldn't stay anywhere else. Not only is the the resort a beautiful facility. The customer services is incomparible. Heather, Chris and Randy among the other staff truly know how to make their guest welcomed and wanting to come back again and again. We love this place and couldn't imagine staying at any other place on the beach. It's truely the best place on Treasure Island and the staff make it that way! Heather, Chris and Randy we will be seeing you within the next couple of months. We had yet again another great stay this last weekend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!