I normally don’t do reviews, but after seeing the last review of another customer’s dissatisfaction I was inclined to do this review as my husband & I had the complete opposite experience in our stay just over Memorial Day weekend & trust me my husband is NOT an easy person to please.
We had a fabulous time at the resort. The rooms are all new & have large flat screen TV’s which are a big plus when staying at any hotel. Our room had a full kitchen with everything you need to cook and the refrigerator & oven were both full size (not the tiny versions of what you might see in an apartment or like I’ve seen in other hotels with kitchenettes). The owner was very helpful with getting us day trips that took us to really interesting places that I never even heard of or knew existed. We went to Ft. Desoto which has these old forts built back in the 1800’s we then caught a ferry to Egmont Key where we saw turtles and things that looked like ancient ruins. It was like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean (who would have thought in Florida). There is also a beach just across the street from the resort which was very nice/very convenient.
It certainly wasn’t the typical trip that we thought it would be seeing these things that the owner recommended to us. After one of our very long days & a husband that didn’t feel like going anywhere to eat I was able to fix something in the kitchen, borrow a DVD from the resort of a movie we had really been wanting to see, but hadn’t had the time & relax at what felt like home for the evening.
I actually coordinate events as part of my job & have stayed at a lot of different places. This is a place I recommended upon my return to work to our VP to consider staying for an Executive retreat if our group ever makes its way out to Florida (most of the Executive Retreats have been on the West Coast). With my job to coordinate & attend these retreats I’ve slept in many different beds & the beds @ Oasis Palms were very comfortable. It doesn’t do you well when staying anywhere for work or play to not get a good nights sleep.
We will be staying at Oasis Palms Resort again & highly recommend it. The entire experience was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our location is in the heart of Treasure Island, a beach commushops within a 10-block radius. We know you'll have a great time with Florida vacationers in mind. We are across the street from the beach. We finished renovations in 2008. We have 37-inch flat screen TVs and most of the rooms have full kitchens. Our beds are pillow top mattresses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oasis Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Palms Hotel Treasure Island
- Oasis Palms Resort Treasure Island, Florida