“Don't stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott/Treasure Island Florida”

Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Luttrell, Tennessee
“Don't stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott/Treasure Island Florida”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Made a reservation in Nov. 2009 for a 3 bedroom suite for the week of July 4th 2010. When my sister and I arrived from Tennessee to join my sister and niece from Orlando we were advised that we would only be allowed to park one car on the property. We would have to park the other car elsewhere. The general manager, Jeremy Rockmaker, was very rude and inconsiderate of our situation. We were so upset by his attitude and terrible customer service that we cancelled our reservation for the week. We had stayed at this hotel before and were allowed two vehicles. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jpshoffner
jrock3, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, July 10, 2010
I would like to once again offer my humble apologies regarding your frustration with our property. As I had previously relayed to you, in order to have sufficient parking for our guests we must enforce and uphold all Marriott policies. When either booking via internet or with a reservation agent, the patron is made aware of the parking policy. It states, that one parking pass will be issued per registered guest. The guest is also reminded of this when you receive your confirmation, and when you receive your upcoming stay reminder about 2 weeks prior to the arrival date. We are not able to accommodate multiple vehicles for a single room. During the busy 4th of July weekend, my hands were tied as far as being able to offer extra parking passes. I do hope that you will return to us, and allow me the opportunity to show you a wonderful time. I once again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Jeremy Rockmaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights with our 2 year old son. I had reasearched almost all the hotels in the area (from Clearwater to St. Pete Beach) to find the best option, and I was not disappointed. Every staff member that we encountered was polite, friendly, and helpful. The hotel provided a rollaway crib and not a pack-n-play like I have had at other Marriotts. My son enjoyed having a real crib mattress and slept great. We were up early each morning- enjoyed our beautiful 5th floor view of the beach and ocean- and then were off to a great breakfast. Plenty to choose from (toast, bagels, english muffins, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, potatoes, etc). And did I mention that there was an ample supply of highchairs? Then we made the 5 minute walk to the ocean and enjoyed playing in the soft sand. We returned from the beach in time for a quick dip in the pool, lunch, and a nap and found a freshly cleaned room waiting for us. Because the 1 bedroom unit has two totally seperate rooms, my son could nap in the bedroom while my husband and I watched tv, read, or watched the beach activity from the balcony.

I can't imagine a hotel that would have served our needs more perfectly. Free breakfast- a full size refrigerator in our room for toddler essentials like milk and juice- a two room design- beach towels provided- a pool and ocean on site. I was nervous when I read a review that said that the 1 bedroom units did not contain a bathtub- but our son loved showering and it really worked better for getting all the sand off of him than a bath.

There may be a few tweaks that would make this almost perfect hotel a little better- but they are so minor that they are overshadowed by all the wonderful amenities. I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to all my friends and family.

1 Thank TN20something
jrock3, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you for your glowing review our beautiful property. It puts a smile on my face to learn that you were so impressed with the level of service and our product in general. Thank you for sharing your words regarding accommodations for the little ones. We strive for excellence whether we are dealing with an adult or with a child. I am glad we were able to cater to all of children’s needs. Your comments will surely help others that are thinking of coming to stay with us, but aren’t sure about the property being kid friendly and able to accommodate all of their needs. Thanks again for your business, we really appreciate it!

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Been here last year, and enjoyed staying here. Came back again and once again had a great stay! The staff are very cordial and helpful. Missed Jeremy's magic show though!
The beach was great, Clean and spotless. Even saw Dolphins swimming while at the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your kind words with all of us here on Tripadvisor. I am honored to have had you return to us again to enjoy another great time. Since you missed my magic show, you now have another excuse to visit us again! Please contact me directly when it comes time to book our property again. Thank you so much for your loyalty and business.

Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

Wonderful hotel in a great location. Minutes away from other great St. Pete area beaches and attractions. Our 1-Bedroom suite was clean and spacious and offered great sunset and ocean views. However, the slepper sofa was NOT comfortable! The beach was clean and the water crystal clear. Take advantage of the beach in the morning and hit the town for early bird dinner specials. Some places we enjoyed were Middle Grounds Grill and Salt Rock Grill (Readington Beach). Beach towels are provided by the hotel, but you may want to pack a beach umbrella or chairs if space allows. Don't forget your sunscreen!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
jrock3, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts with all of us on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to mention that we are in the process of replacing every single mattress in our sleeper sofas as we speak. I would like to offer my humble apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you for checking out the local hotspots. It is so important to us, that our guests take advantage of our establishments and enjoy! Thank so much for staying with us. Please return to us soon!

Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and thing that it should move to #1 on the Trip advisor list. The Residence Inn has spoiled us for life. The 2 bedroom suite was incredible and very comfortable, it almost felt like home. The kitchen was beautiful, the showers were all tile with glass doors, and the 3 huge flat screen TV's were great. Free internet connection, however ours didn't work at the room, but the wireless did. We were on the 3rd floor and had an ok view of the beach not what we were hoping for. The only negative would be that it was a little bit of a walk to the water, but it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the positive and rave comments regarding our product. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your room and the hotel. Thank you for boasting that we should be #1! That really makes me feel good, to know that we are delivering such stellar service and such a wonderful product that we should be at the top! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

First trip to Treasure Island beach. Seven adults ages 19 to 55 Hotel is on the beach, with a short walk to the ocean. This is a very old area, quiet, the beach is clean, and the water is beautiful and calm. First time staying on the west coast; used to staying in Daytona area, so Treasure Island beach was a very different atmosphere. Water is much cleaner and calmer; sand is white with very large beach area not heavily congested. Hotel was newly updated, except for elevators and hallway. Very nice place to stay as is my experience with all Marriotts. Loved the free breakfast each morning. Lots to chose from ; the waffles are delicious. Like many have said it gets very crowded after 8:30am, but if you are there by 8:30am or before you will not have any issues with crowds. Rooms are very clean and roomy with everything you need! We stayed in a 3 bedroom/2 bath unit, and had an issue with the lack of a/c in one of the front bedrooms. Guess this is a common problem with the 3 bedroom units. But, the manager was great to bring a large fan to help circulate the A/C and this took care of the issue. The one thing that was disappointing for me, and maybe this is because the hotels on Treasure Island sit a distance back from the water, is that you don't have a breeze to enjoy when you are sitting on your balcony and you can not hear the ocean. The pool area is very small, but it was never an issue for us. They definitely need a pool bar! Last, if you are looking for nightlife in this area you will need to go elsewhere. Other than that, would recommend the hotel and area to families. St. John Pass was a disappointment; typical beach shops. There are many very good restaurants in the area and you are only 10 minutes from St. Petersburg for shopping as well. Must go to Middle Grounds Grill. Absolutely delicious! There were 7 of us and we each ordered something different, and no one was disappointed! Be sure to save room for dessert!!!! Ricky T's is a great bar for wings, etc. Gigi's Restaurant is definitely over rated! The worst Italian food I have had in a long time.....and I love Italian food! There are no fast food restaurants there. Subway is as close as you will come to fast food. This was fine with us, but just thought I'd mention it. If you enjoy boating, just a short drive north to Indian Rocks Beach you can rent a boat for fishing on the intercostal waterway, or just to enjoy the area on the water for the day. Check out IRB Boat Rentals at the Holiday Inn Harborside! Mr. Adamson will handle everything you need for a fun day on the water!!

2 Thank bartletts4wvu
Thank you for your detailed review of our property and everything that this area has to offer. After reading your commentary, I can see you really took advantage of everything here. I am glad you got enjoy our beautiful beaches. They really are something special. I will be sure to relay your comments regarding the engineering staff and their ability to promptly resolve your issue. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to act on the deficiency and quickly offer a solution. Middle Grounds Grill never disappoints. I am happy you enjoyed the local flavor! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business very much.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

I have been a marriott member for ever and a day. This new Marriott did not disapoint! Great location awesome beach. Very good breakfast and happy hour. The rooms are very large and well equiped . I had one problem one night out of my 20 day stay. There was a Jerk in the room next to mine who decided to beat the hell out of his girl friend and destroy the hotel room . I beat on his door around 1:00am he would not answer. I called front desk and they would not answer. This screaming and beating went on for two more hours before the police came and locked this goof up. I was up most of the night wich stinks because i was there working not on vacation and had to be up by by 5:00 am for work. The next morning i complained to the front desk and they just blew me off. They pretty much told me to mind my own biz wax. That kind of "P" me off but Oh well !! would to have liked to had a apology or some extra hotel points . Other then that awesome place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words regarding your extended stay with. We are very thankful that you chose to make us your temporary home away from home. I would like to offer my humble apologies for the disruption and noise from the room next to you. We do employ security every evening from 11:00pm – 7:00am. We are always available to respond and rectify such issues. Thank you for your business and please come back to us soon!