“Nicest Residence Inn I've Ever Stayed In” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Birmingham, AL
“Nicest Residence Inn I've Ever Stayed In”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

A+ !!
I am hotels every week and am a bit picky - this Residence Inn is nicer than some JW Marriott properties.
Amaizing beach views!!! Modern, classy and clean rooms. High ceilings, stand alone shower (no yucky shower curtains). Friendly and helpful staff.
It is a little out of the way for the average Tampa/St. Pete business traveler, but well worth the extra 15 minute drive! It is like a little vacation in the middle of a hectic work week!!!! Also, the way the rooms are decorated, it feels more like a home than a hotel - and that is a big plus!
I will return to this property without a doubt!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, September 6, 2009
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience with everyone here. I am honored to have had you as a guest. Comparing us to a JW Marriott and describing the property as a step above, well what can I say? I am in awe. Thank you so much for your business and I do look forward to your return. We appreciate the fact that you will drive an extra 15 minutes just to stay with us. We value your business. Thank you!!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

This hotel was super nice. From the outside, it just looked like a regular hotel. But the rooms were very very nice and roomy. We had a one bedroom suite. The kitchen area was spacious and very nice as was the living room. We had two balconies, one in the living room & one in our bedroom. Our view from the hotel was incredible as it overlooked the white sand beaches on the gulf. The hotel has free breakfast which we took advantage of everyday & enjoyed. The hotel is easy to find. However, it is not located near a bunch of restaraunts. I would suggest renting a car to get around if staying here. This hotel is wonderful, but does not offer any resort amenities. That is prob the only downfall. It has a nice sized pool that we took advantage of. We would prob stay there again. We got a great rate for the room we had.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to add these wonderful comments about our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back to us soon.
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Residence Inn for vacation. The suites were extremely nice; very modern, new and spacious; really nice accomodations for a Residence Inn although none of them are bad; nice balconies too! The Inn is located on the beach which is just a short walk away so we'd highly recommend this property for "beach bums." However; we would not recommend staying here in the summer when it seems like most of the clientele are famililies with young kids. Normally this would not be an issue for us but because a breakfast buffet (a very good one at that) is included in the room rate; it would seem that a lot of people come here with their families and what we experienced every morning was overcrowding at breakfast with tables/countertops needing to be cleaned and tended to; garbage pale overflowing, crumbs/spills/trash on vacated tables, running out of food, etc. Not to sound overly dramatic but it was such a "turn off." I took breakfast back to my husband in our suite since he didn't want to deal with all of that. And I skipped breakfast a few mornings myself because of this. My suggestion to the management is that they might want to consider hiring another person at peak times (when a lot of kids are around) specifically to "clean up" after everyone and maintain cleanliness around the buffet area. We saw none of the help doing this. Another suggestion we'd have for the management is that breakfast be served until 10 AM. Breakfast service until 9:30 is not late enough for people on vacation although 9:30 AM would be fine for a business crowd. The pool is nice but too small when several families are there with their kids swimming; which was most of the time. Otherwise; a very nice property; exceptionally nice and modern accomodations including granite countertops, marbled baths, etc.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is important to hear your concerns, as I will share them with my team. We do strive for excellence and with your input I am confident we can achieve your highest levels of expectations. I did want to point out that our breakfast hours do change on the weekends. We actually are open until 10:00am on the weekends. The hours do differ from the weekdays to weekends. I do apologize any inconvenience this may have caused you and I hope you will return to us soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience with us. I am here at your service! Thank you!
madison, wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on our Honeymoon. We had originally planned to stay elsewhere but when we looked at the room in this other resort it was so disgusting that we left. When we walked into the Residence Inn by Marriott in Treasure Island we didn't even ask to look at a room before booking it--the lobby was gorgeous! We were not disappointed--the room was absolutely beautiful. By far the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The only regret I have is that we didn't stay here longer (as we had booked a hotel in Orlando for the second half of our Honeymoon). The food, employees, cleanliness, etc. was all perfect...I would not have changed a thing!

Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lmiskoski
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, August 22, 2009
Thank you for your glowing review of your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that your memorable stay for your honeymoon was "perfect" as you put it. Now, we will expect to see you back every year for your anniversary! Thank you once again for the kind words and your business...come back soon!!!!!
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

We squeezed a quick one day/night trip down to St. Petersburg from our disney vacation so I could go to a Rays baseball game.We decided to stay here because it was right on the beach and only a quick 15 minute drive to Tropicana Field. The hotel room was clean/spacious and comfortable with a excellent view of the beach and gulf of mexico. The staff here was very friendly and seem to want you to enjoy your stay. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was standard with hot and cold items. The beach is a quick minute or so walk off the hotel(slow) elevators.The rate was a little higher than some hotels but because its right on the beach but its well worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank albertafamily
Thank you for taking the time to submit this review about us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with is. It sounds like you really took advantage of our property and everything this area has to offer. It is very convenient having the Tropicana down the street so our guests can go enjoy a nice baseball game. Please return to us soon.
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

The room was very clean and well kept. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Could not have been nicer. Breakfast was a pleasure also. Plenty of coffee, juice, cereal, scrambled eggs, waffles and more! Would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words and review. We appreciate hearing from our guests and we look forward to your return in the near future! Reading through your comments made me hungry!
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

what a fabulous place to spend a relaxing holiday. We stayed in a beautiful sunset view suite on the 7th floor and the view out to the white sands every day was heavenly. The whole place was very clean and well kept. So much so that the maintenance man was touching up the paintwork in the hallways when we left. Whilst there the whole pool area was jet washed and all of the loungers cleaned. It was a home from home and made our holiday very comfortable. We have lots of great memories of Treasure Island .. it has that wow factor which I am certain will encourage us to return again. Probably a little pricier than some but worth it. The elevators were slow and breakfast area was always busy but everyone was on holiday and quite happy to wait a bit. I couldn't find anything negative to say.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, August 7, 2009
I would like to thank you for your positive remarks about our beautiful property. It is nice to hear that all of our hard work to maintain this place is paying off. We have to work hard to keep everything looking nice, being directly on the beach does pose those challenges, but we are always working diligently to show our best. Thank you so much for your business....and we will try to keep it a secret, but with the comments like this the work is going to get out! Thank you!!!!!!!