Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island
Treasure Island Ocean Club(Treasure Island)
$95
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
$379
$345
SunsetVistas.com
Bilmar Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$187
$169
$164
$127
$209
$199
$170
$165
The Bayside Inn & Marina(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
Island Inn(Treasure Island)
$168
$150
Travelocity
Tahitian Beach Motel(Treasure Island)
$96
Hotels.com
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$154
Hotwire.com
1,093 results
All reviewsone bedroom suitefull kitchenyogurtmake your own wafflesrocking chairsevery morningpool areawalk in showersunset viewjohn's passearly checkbeach towelshot tubthe general managersmall poolwalking pathcovered parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Don't look for a party here -very family oriented - could improve breakfast buffett but overall it's ok. Pool is nice but could be bigger. Rooms very clean with kitchenettes. Overall great place, short 100 yards to beach.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is our second visit and after a family reunion in crowded, hot, Orlando Fl., it was our best pick to relax and enjoy. This hotel is on the beach, the rooms are clean and everything is provided for, even breakfast with an assortment of good picks for adults and little ones. There's a full kitchen in the room so we picked up food on our way into the Island and stayed put for the days we were there saving ourselves some lunch money :). We will definitely consider this place again and would love to have family reunions here instead. The view was SPECTACULAR from our room. 901. Thank you Erica for your feedback on reserving rooms for next year. Every one of you from the kitchen to the front desk, to housekeeping are professional and courteous at all times. The slow elevators get a four from me.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, sunny and have a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The king- size bed was really uncomfortable. Although the room was clean and neat with a nice small balcony, the other interior areas of the hotel were not particularly clean. The complimentary breakfast wasn't as good as I've had at other hotels.

*****I was somewhat displeased to find pets permitted at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a comfortable night's rest, this hotel may not be for you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
EricaBerlepsch, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor!

The Residence Inn by Marriott Treasure Island prides itself on providing the level of service and accommodations our guests have come to love and expect from Marriott. We are always looking for ways to improve and very much value the opinions of all of our guests and their feedback.

Our complimentary breakfast is served M-F from 6:30- 9:30 am and on weekends from 7:00-10:00am. We offer your choice of eggs, potatoes, sausage, Canadian bacon, egg sandwiches, pancakes, egg burritos, oatmeal, yogurt, yogurt parfaits, fresh whole fruit, cut fruit, milks, juices, coffee, tea, cereal, bagels, bread, English muffins, donuts and assorted muffins. Our most famous breakfast offering is our make your own Belgium waffles with 6 toppings to choose from!

As with all Residence Inn by Marriott's we do allow pets to stay with us. Our pet policy requires a one time, non refundable $100.00 pet sanitization fee. We also request and prefer that our furry guests remain on the 2nd and 3rd floors. While we realize sometimes a vacation must include all parts of the family, we respect that some guests prefer not to vacation with "pets" and thus strictly enforce our pet policies. This includes disturbances from pets, pet damage and areas where the pets are allowed in the hotel.

Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay and we are pleased to announce that we are the recipients of a Marriott Silver Award for guest satisfaction and the 2013 Trip Advisor Excellence Award for consistently high reviews.

Thank you for being our guest and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Always Sunny,

Erica Berlepsch

Reviewed August 8, 2013

STATUS-MARRIOTT:GOLD
STARWOOD:GOLD
Originally for this 'family' trip to the Gold Coast i had booked the Sheraton Sand Key. Looked good enough but the room was to be 270sq ft and 4 people with a 2 year old, this didnt sound fun. I stumbled across the Residence Inn just a week before the trip and after speaking with the front desk booked it immediately.
THE PROPERTY: was something else in a prior life and it is a bit un-assuming when you first pull up. I kept thinking during the stay, this property is somewhere between business hotel and beach resort but not quite either completely. There is a great breakfast for free each and every morning (major plus), a fitness center (lacks appropriate weights, cardio only), a pool (very nice), and ofcourse the beach and boardwalk (absolutely gorgeous).

THE STAFF: was very accomodating with the exception of the manager Steve (cocky attitude-felt disrespected right away from him and avoided him after that). Everyone else was happy, very helpful and always willing to provide that extra bit of happiness to remind you, your on vacation.

This is a perfect place for families but it remained quiet in our room the entire stay so good walls. People complain about the elevators in other reviews and i will say the Main Tower elevator is not slow, it is just handling alot of capacity. A little patience here and your good. The other elevator in the front is less congested and ran very efficiently.

THE LOCATION: The Beach is phenominal, very large, beautiful sunsets..the water during high-tide pools up into little lagoons on the beach and my little girl was in her glory. There is also a nearby Publix which we happily took advantage of and a few nearby restaurants/pizza etc to keep your hunger at bay. Also a beautiful 2.0 mile boardwalk, perfect for evening sunset strolls or morning cardio =)

THE ROOMS: First four nights we stayed in a 2 Bedroom Suite, its close to 800 square feet!! Very updated, very comfortable and just perfect all the way around. THIS is what made this a no brainer for me. The last night we extended our stay and do to a mixup in the beginning where my 3 Bedroom was never stored for the last night we downgraded. JENNA =) made sure to make it the best downgrade possible giving us the 7th floor corner suite with a breathtaking view of the beach/sunset etc.

RECOGNITION OF ELITE STATUS: Yes. really no upgrading here due to already having a 2 BR suite and they were full but if only by my keys it was recognized and i do feel, especially Jenna went above and beyond partly because of this.

OVERALL: This is a no-brainer if your going to this area. There is a serious lack of good hotels on this coast and this meets everything one would want minus the resort-style (swim up bar etc) but trust me that isnt happenning anywhere else nearby either

Room Tip: Every room in this hotel is great and updated. The 2Bedroom and im sure the 3 bedroom are well worth the extra cost but if your in a studio or a 1Bedroom try and get 702.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcusBeier

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor!

I could not be more pleased to hear your wonderful reviews about our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were the perfect fit for you and your family.

Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay from beginning to end. I regret to hear that you felt disrespected upon arrival as there is never an excuse for providing valued guests, such as yourself with anything less than a perfect experience.Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and I sincerely apologize for this. Our staff works hard to provide the level of service and accommodations our guests have come to love and expect from Marriott. Our intentions would never be anything other than to provide a welcoming, relaxing and inviting atmosphere.

We are glad to hear that the rest of your stay met your expectations and would love the opportunity to welcome you back "home" to the sunny shores of Treasure Island again. Please feel free to contact me directly should we be of any additional assistance in making future accommodations.

Kindest Regards,

Erica Berlepsch
General Manger

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family (husband and two young children, ages 4 & 7) stayed here from Jul. 31 through Aug. 4, 2013. The hotel was incredibly crowded, but the staff handled it so well. There was always someone there to help. Like others who have reviewed this hotel, we had issues with our key cards from the get-go. I stood outside our room with my kids and all of our luggage while my husband went to get new keys. We were only standing there for a minute, when a staff member who was passing by asked if he could help. He let us into our room so we didn't have to wait for my husband to get back.

Breakfast in the lobby was absolute mayhem, but that was solely due to the sheer number of guests at the hotel during our stay. There were more than enough staff members to keep the food and drinks replenished constantly. The only problem was the lack of seating. Schlepping breakfast back to our room with a 4 and a 7 year old wasn't an option. The first morning we were there, the staff opened up the conference room for us, since there were no tables. Only 1 of the 4 mornings we were there did we get to sit down at an actual table. I've done lots of traveling, and I'm pretty good with rolling with the punches, so this wouldn't have been an issue to me had I been traveling without kiddos along. With young kids and no tables to eat at is EXTREMELY difficult. That being said, the food was great, and the coffee was always fresh.

The hotel in general is very clean. The common areas -- even with such a huge number of guests -- were immaculate. Our room (#309) appeared to be recently updated with a nice huge shower, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and nice ceiling fans in both the living room and bedroom.

The pool area was nice; water was warm in the afternoon and refreshing in the morning. I wished there was more shade in the pool area, though. The hotel provides pool/beach towels, which I appreciated not having to pack them. My one complaint about this aspect of the hotel is the lack of beach service. The hotel does not provide chairs and umbrellas. The going rate for two chairs and an umbrella when we were there was $30/day, and that only covered up until 5pm.

The last night we were there, we walked to the Shake Shack at the end of the parking lot, and brought them back into the lobby. The staff offered my kids to sit at the bar and turned on some cartoons for them to enjoy while they ate their treats. They really went out of their way to engage with my kids and make them feel special.

All in all, it was a great trip! Not sure we would visit again, only because this visit was funded by Marriott points, and we could get more bang for our buck renting a condo next time, since we would more than likely be paying out of pocket.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there's a bad view in this place. We weren't very high up (only 3rd floor) yet still had a great view of the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family