My husband and adult daughter recently spent 3 nights at this Residence Inn for a short trip to check out Treasure Island; I picked it mostly because it was on the beach, had a free breakfast buffet and I wanted to get more Marriott Rewards points. We were in a one bedroom suite with a King in the bedroom and a sofabed in living room; beds were comfy but needed to call for extra pillows even though I put it in my reservation request. Kitchen facilities were good if you needed to store leftovers or wine or heat water for tea, etc. Nice balcony with view of the Gulf and the pool. The breakfast buffet was from 6:30 - 9:30 am. on weekdays which I thought was kinda early for people doing Spring break vacations. It would have been nicer for us if it had been open until 10; the mad rush between 9-9:30 indicated we were not alone. They also have a happy hour from 5-6:00 with reduced prices on wine and a few other drinks; we only did this one of the nights but wine choices were not bad.
Overall the service was pretty good and they even allowed us a late checkout. My main problem was the bathroom set-up. The bathroom has a door from the hallway into the shower/toilet area and then another one to the sink/mirror, which opens to the bedroom. If someone needed to use the facilities in the middle of the night and wash up they would have had to turn on the light at the sink - and thus wake up at least one other person. My daughter had to take soap and a towel into the kitchen so she could use them if needed. I don't know who designed the room but it just doesn't work - they should have put another door on it!!
But the staff was pretty great and kudos to the ones who had to try to keep the breakfast stampede happy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island offers outstanding suites and a great location. Our guests love our service and the extra amenities that we provide such as free breakfast, free high speed internet and luxurious suites with energy efficient stainless steel appliances in our fully-equipped kitchens, flat screen TVs, and a private balcony overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott St. Petersburg / Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island Florida
- Residence Inn Treasure Island
- Marriott Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Marriott
- Treasure Island Residence Inn