“Stunningly Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunningly Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

spacious and tranquil. Gorgeous beaches. Campsites are large and private with full hook-ups. Waterfront/lagoon camp-sites are also available. Not is it a beautiful place, the park offers a great deal of history for the history buff.
We look forward to multiple visits back to this park in the coming years.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Clearwater, Florida
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach and Nature Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

There are a number of things you can do at Fort De Soto and I have yet to do them all. If you are a nature lover in the Tampa Bay area it is somewhere you have to go. The beaches are gorgeous. The walking and biking trails are excellent with a wonderful scenery and good distance to give a good work out. There is a dog beach for our four legged friends/family. There is an actual fort to explore, and plenty of places to picnic.

Visited March 2013
Pensacola, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Best Beach in St. Pete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you are in St. Pete and want to get away from the crowds, pay the $5 per car and go to Fort De Soto Park. Take a picnic and enjoy the day. You and your kids will enjoy playing in the fort. This is THE place to enjoy the sunset.

Visited October 2013
St. Petersburg
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“our favorite beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We love this park and we always go there whenever possible. Beach is nice, not many people, parking space always available. Nicely preserved nature.

Visited July 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome camping trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Camped in tent 2nd week of Oct. arrival on thurs. to be on site for Friday walk ins. as it was booked.I was told had to be there @ 5 am to get site for weekend. Mind you I asked on Thurs what site to pick so I wouldn't have to pick up & move. They said they didnt know. When I arrived at 5:15 people had started a list to keep order. I was #17. Park ranger arrived early and allowed one at a time. The list meant nothing to him since that's not how the park does it. I felt it kept it fair. I did get a site close to the one I had. Here's the kicker, people came to the site I had for just one day & it sat empty all week. The site next to it was available the whole time. A little frustrating as there were 6 sites available but it was booked. Seen people turned away and sites were open. Bad management!
Most all the sites are great shade and privacy. Park rangers were nice. Bathrooms were clean. Loved having big trash at end of site. The park is really clean as there are trash cans everywhere.
Didn't like that the trash truck came through sites at 6:45 in the AM on Sat. other days was a resonable hr.every kid was up & unattended running bikes and screaming through my site and campground.
It's a great place to bike we loved the bike path which only a few people used. Made several trips out to the beach each day. Spent 4 days here which was enought to see it all. Put 100 miles on my bike:)
Biggest factor of leaving was the bugs. Couldn't see them but it stung so bad. It was the itching that really got me, lasted a week. Believe it was no-see-ums. Used a lot of bug spray, sprayed site & used citronella. Mosquitoes weren't bad at all but it was windy most nights. Raccoons were everywhere and were harmless, unless you feed them. Seen them in broad day light when my neighbors left see one try to unlatch the truck. Must of pushed the button 50x's.
Took the ferry to Egmount Key best part of the trip. Very reasonable $20 3 hrs.great captin made sure we seen dolphins. I followed a local once we were dropped of as he had the fattest shark tooth necklace said he found it on Island 20 yrs ago. So glad I followed. He took me to the reef the force was unbelievable shot me 200 ft fast very fast. The rip where we were required a very experince swimmer. Found a lot of treasures, huge shells. had to dig a bit. seen just tops and uncovered 2 ft shells. Saw and Swam with thousands of fish, turtles, squids lots of jellies which the guy I follow got stung 2xs that day. I was scared of all the string rays but they seemed to be as scared of me & got out of my way. On the way to mainland everyone was asking me how I managed such a score. My shells were 3 xs the size and triple in volume. Seemed no one else felt the force of the water but me. It was just on the otherside of concrete wall meant to hold up beach. Just head right once off the boat @ 1/2 mile. You'll see it in the water it was smooth up till this point. Locked choppy waves coming at each other.
Fort Desoto was an awesome experience been to a lot of Florida State Parks and was nervous of County ran. Besides the ridiculous run around on walk ins at the camp grounds it was very nice. A lot cleaner than most parks. Seen a lot of police as well. Had one clock me on the bicycle path 20 mph is enforced. So glad I experienced this park. The beach on the north end is the prettiest and nicest.

Visited October 2013