“Old School Continental”

Good Times Continental Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Tierra Verde
Cuisines: European, Hungarian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Continental Cuisine. Imported beers. Fine wines. Hand crafted soups and desserts.Reservations are recommended Cash or Local Check only. 37 Years here on Tierra Verde.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

If you remember the great food you had in the Czech Republic, Germany, or Austria, this place is for you! The friendliness and professionalism if the staff is what you'd expect of the best restaurants in Central Europe. And the food...the best of its kind I've had in the States. Be sure to order a dish with the potato dumplings. The decor is a bit old-fashioned, but even that adds to the overall ambiance. Be sure to check the Good Times!

1  Thank PopPop5

Reviewed January 21, 2014

White tablecloth ambience. Family owned with good friendly service. The menu is continental ...a bit Czech, a bit Swiss-German, and a bit French.

I ordered scad (mild white fish) piccata. It was well prepared. The menu features many veal and fish preparations typical of continental cuisine. We ordered escargot for the table and we all felt they were a little bland.

All in all, we thought the menu was quite good, the sauces ok but not great, portions rather small and prices a bit high.

Good Times does not accept credit cards, but will take a personal check. They will also just let you sign their guest check and trust you to send them the money ...yup, you read it correctly!

The restaurant was quite crowded and reservations are strongly suggested.

3  Thank HaroldB104
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We ate here on a Sat in January. We didn't have reservations but the owner sat us anyway. She's very charming. The food is Czech/Hungarian/German. We had a couple appetizers including the herring with a dill horseradish sauce, smoked salmon, and cucumber salad. We split an entree of veal with a mushroom cream sauce. It was the best veal I've had in a long time. The ambiance is, well, old! The restaurant is over 30 years old and I think the wood paneling, lace curtains and furniture are too! Maybe even the menu as it reminds patrons of no cigar or pipe smoking! We had Czech beers and house wine. Our bill before gratuity was about $80. Bring cash. Credit cards are still not accepted.

1  Thank Kathy A
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hubby and I went there tonight for our anniversary. My first time. He's been going there for years. What a delight! Wonderful meal, from beginning to end, lovely atmosphere. I look forward to going back soon and often!

3  Thank Becky P
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is probably a nice restaurant under normal circumstances; however, it was clear on Thanksgiving night that none of the servers wanted to be there. They were arguing with the cooks and had an overall bad demeanor. The food was average. Another strange thing was they only take cash or checks - no debit or credit cards. Fortunately I had my checkbook with me as I never carry cash.

1  Thank trvl4evva