“Tight seating space, average food.”

Billy’s Stone Crab, Seafood & More
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Tierra Verde
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. I read the mixed Trip Advisor reviews and we decided to take a chance, especially since they had early-bird specials. First, I did not like the ambiance. The two story structure looked like it had been pieced together into three or more small sections. We asked to sit in the section overlooking the water but were told it is too sunny and hot there. Then the first section they tried to seat us in had a wood-domed ceiling which created magnified sound. They seated us in a booth in a quieter section but wait staff scurried back and forth in the narrow isle. (A tiny dance floor with loud music occupied another section but we did not hear it.) The server was very efficient, pleasant and attentive. Our entrees were satisfactory but nothing outstanding. My caesar salad had much too much cheese. My stuffed flounder was fair to average, somewhat tasteless. My wife's salad with house dressing was good and she liked her mahi-mahi. The bread was good.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Fifty cent oysters on the half shell (might not be every night, this was a Sat. night). The best part is that they give you cocktail sauce, minced horseradish, a bottle of hot sauce and lemon wedges along with the oysters, so you can have a basic sauce or create you own level of heat. Only drawback, oysters were on the small side, but so what, at .50 cents, I had two dozen, yum.
Navy bean soup was good. Wife's clam chowder was awesome (she's from Mass. coast). Add a couple beers, a couple friends, with my wife, a sunset....life is good.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our first time to is it Billy's. Food was good, presentation nice, service excellent. I had coconut shrimp and it was good bit the grouper was excellent.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were there with our kids. Food very tasty, staff very helpful and friendly! A great choice! Sure, We will come back!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Food was Hot, Tasty and Fresh. The staff were helpful and friendly and this is one restaurant not to miss if your in the area.