Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Place to Stay! Beware if it is wet!

We have stayed here twice for trips to Tampa. We really enjoyed it both times. The campsites are... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
gmaj_05
Jesup, Georgia
Kayak & Canoe launch: good to know gouge follows for LOOKING AT THE TREES!

It’s hard to imagine ANY paddling place in Florida NOT being totally outstanding. The only... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
CanoeU70
Ocean Springs, Mississippi

All reviews suspension bridge hiking trails hillsborough river huge swimming pool poolside cafe canoe rentals bring your bug spray seminole war maintained trails camping trip dry season golf cart picnic lunch the loop enjoy nature natural florida camp store
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went camping over Christmas and had a wonderful time. We rented a bike to bike the park. Plenty of hiking trails. The camp sites are great, ours was right on the river. The bath house was well maintained. The suspension bridge was really neat. We will visit this site again in the future. I love our Florida State Parks.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

You just can't beat the Hillsborough River State Park for a quick get-a-way camping trip. We took the grandkids and several family members met us there for a great camping weekend. The sites are average and can handle a camper and tent easily. We also had another site just for a tent and campfire. The bathhouse facilities are nice and close to all camping for the most part....the pool is always a big draw for families in the warm months and the hiking is some of the best around. We had a great time and will go again soon I'm sure. Oh, there are no full hookups so using the dump station is a must...very good dump station area...a little narrow so be aware.....but easy access going in or out of the campground area. All in all....great state park...another Florida gem!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

One of the few natural beauty spots we found in Tampa. One can travel down the river and feel like you are an explorer.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The park is beautiful, lots to do. seem like they gear all the special tours and things for the weekend or campground though. I took a group from a city Rec center there during the week and even though I spoke with them 4 times and checked online, no one told me that the entrance fee included tax, when I got there and found out, I did not have tax papers with me, and I am not allowed to pay tax. That was a problem. But the main problem we had was the people in the cafe were rude and wouldn't let you use the restroom. They sent us to another one around the other side of the area. I could understand if it was busy but there was three people in the cafe and we had planned to purchase a snack there later. The food was very over priced but the postcards were only .25. I guess I should of bought a postcard so I could use their restroom.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love to be out in nature and this park is IT ! Lots of trails and trees and water. There are picnic tables , pavillions restrooms and playgrounds.It is a camping park and we did not camp, but the camp sites looked shady and welcoming.There is a HUGE pool that is open when weather permits. People were fishing the river, but we didn't get to see any fish caught, though they said they usually get fish.There is a charge per car to get in the park ( $6-$7--I think , it was )