“Nothing but a GREAT time!!!!!”

Hillsborough River State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Florida wilderness just outside of Tampa.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What an enjoyable weekend. Friendly from the volunteer at the entrance to all staff. Park is very clean and well maintained. Plenty of trails throughout park. We started with the Friday night park tour hosted by Ranger Jessica. Saturday was a tour of the reconstructed Fort Foster, again hosted by Ranger Jessica. This is a must see when at the park. The poolside Cafe had some fantastic chili dogs,(we came back Sunday for more). Elizabeth and crew at the cafe were fun and pleasent. Also rented the Surry bike and took a trip around the park to the Interpretive center, a mini musem of artifacts from the Seminole War era. The non stop Ranger Jessica also held a Saturday night campfire get together where she ran a slide show on animal sounds, we were even visited by a Barred Owl and a gator swam over to take a look. We will return. NOTE: Pool was closed for repairs, but this was noted on their website, should be ready for summer. Verify if this is important.

3  Thank Thomas F

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went camping over Christmas and had a wonderful time. We rented a bike to bike the park. Plenty of hiking trails. The camp sites are great, ours was right on the river. The bath house was well maintained. The suspension bridge was really neat. We will visit this site again in the future. I love our Florida State Parks.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

You just can't beat the Hillsborough River State Park for a quick get-a-way camping trip. We took the grandkids and several family members met us there for a great camping weekend. The sites are average and can handle a camper and tent easily. We also had another site just for a tent and campfire. The bathhouse facilities are nice and close to all camping for the most part....the pool is always a big draw for families in the warm months and the hiking is some of the best around. We had a great time and will go again soon I'm sure. Oh, there are no full hookups so using the dump station is a must...very good dump station area...a little narrow so be aware.....but easy access going in or out of the campground area. All in all....great state park...another Florida gem!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

One of the few natural beauty spots we found in Tampa. One can travel down the river and feel like you are an explorer.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The park is beautiful, lots to do. seem like they gear all the special tours and things for the weekend or campground though. I took a group from a city Rec center there during the week and even though I spoke with them 4 times and checked online, no one told me that the entrance fee included tax, when I got there and found out, I did not have tax papers with me, and I am not allowed to pay tax. That was a problem. But the main problem we had was the people in the cafe were rude and wouldn't let you use the restroom. They sent us to another one around the other side of the area. I could understand if it was busy but there was three people in the cafe and we had planned to purchase a snack there later. The food was very over priced but the postcards were only .25. I guess I should of bought a postcard so I could use their restroom.