“Highly recommend!!!”

Krave Creative Cuisine & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Krave Creative Cuisine & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Tequesta
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: After Chef Michael you meet Chef David who gratuated from Culinary Institute of Burgundy France and encompassing over 25 years experience in several one and two « Michelin star » french restaurant . David and Delphine his wife sold their french restaurant after 16 years to realise their dream : open a restaurant in Florida to share their passion with you. Now Chef David, Delphine and Krissy old right arm to Michael take care of you. Thank you for coming.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

For my birthday, we made reservations at the Chef's table in the kitchen! What a fantastic experience!! We started with the Caesar salad served in a chilled bowl. We enjoyed the Peanut encrusted Ahi Tuna cooked to the perfect temperature and the Pork medallions with cheddar potato cakes, pork was so tender it could be cut with a fork and melted in my mouth. Throughout the night Chef Michael gave us multiple samples of different dishes he was preparing explaining what each was and how it was prepared. To finish the evening we ordered homemade Almond cookies, as one final tasting we were served homemade corn ice cream, creamy and delicious. And of course we enjoyed a few bottles Ernie Els wine during the night. Food, the staff, the intimate atmosphere were all amazing. Would highly recommend!! Thank you to Chef Michael and his staff for a fantastic evening!!!

1 Thank Flemtra

Mobile, Alabama
“Terrible service!!!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Food was good but the service was AWFUL!!! Overpriced, doesn't live up to expectations. We were not in a hurry so we didn't mind when it took a while for drinks, appetizer, and entrees to arrive, but then they asked us to leave while we were still having coffee and dessert because they needed our table to seat another reservation!!! Never had that happen to me before anywhere!!! Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else, because there are plenty of better restaurants with good service that will appreciate your business! The food is good, but not good enough to be treated poorly....

4 Thank Lexfood
Jupiter, Florida
“What a wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Who would have known that such a fabulous restaurant was is a tiny strip mall in Tequesta! My husband and I are always looking for something different and we were pleasantly surprised at Krave! Saturday night/date night was the best evening we have had in a long time!!! The website mentions VIP seating in the kitchen, so of course that is what I reserved. The restaurant is very small and understated. After several minutes we were ushered into the kitchen and met Chef Michael Rolchigo. From the moment we sat down we knew it was going to be a great evening. This Chef knows how to run a kitchen! The staff was so attentive- you could see how much they enjoyed working for him. The kitchen was spotless. We went with the Chef's recommendation for wine and we were not disappointed. My husband and I are foodies and there was no doubt that his food was a true labor of love. The presentation was impressive and the flavors were something you would expect from a top rated restaurant in a big city. In addition to the food we ordered, we were able to sample various culinary creations. The risotto with fresh peas, crispy prosciutto and Saint Andre' triple cream was awesome. The pear with blue cheese pasta purses (something I would never order as I hate blue cheese) joined my list of all time favorites! His award winning seared tuna was exceptional- no generic asian flavors here- everything about the dish was fresh and innovative. Make reservations, as this eight table restaurant has quite a following. Wish he could cook for us every night….. trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Paris, France
“quality plus technique”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our group of four (fussy European-American) diners was quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food we enjoyed this evening. Here was a chef who aimed quite high and who prepared dishes that we wouldn't expect to see in this region outside of Palm Beach itself.

It was a very nice touch that just after ordering we were served what the French call "amuses bouches", or a tasty little mouthful of something creative to whet your appetite. A classy touch, and not normally found in the States. This evening, it was a mini toast with a small piece of brie topped by caramelized nuts.

Our starter courses all got very good marks: a VERY nicely presented salmon tartare, but especially delicous was that very rarely-found dish of sauteed duck foie gras--something which can very quickly be overcooked but was just perfectly done. The pasta packets with pear and gorgonzona were also considered delicious.

Our main courses focused on the roast duck. It was amusing to see the duck served on waffles--a sense of humor, considering that it was served with a reduced maple sauce. The duck was of really good quality, truly flavorful, and with a crispy skin reminiscent of Peking Duck. Perhaps it's a matter of taste, but we would have liked it to still be juicy rather than as dry and brown as it was, but the taste was nevertheless very good for duck-lovers.

What we appreciated this evening: quality ingredients, a desire to create dishes that aim well above the norm for the region, very pleasant table settings and decor, attentive servers.

What could improve:
--We ordered two glasses of red wine with the duck--good wine to start with, but obviously had been originally uncorked some day or so earlier and stored without temperature control. It was oxidized and unpleasantly warm.
--To us, the chef also seemed to have quite a sweet-tooth--fine in itself--but the sweetness of the candied nuts in the amuse bouche and in the maple sauce for the duck was jarring for those who were enjoying dry wine with their food. If you are a beer lover, however, there were some specialty brews on the list which would probably match these tastes much better.

We will look forward to returning for a second visit, not least because there was a variety of dishes on the menu which sounded quite appealing.

3 Thank Jim F
Parkland, Florida
“An awesome culinary experience!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Once again, my husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Krave where Chef Michael Rolchigo displays his superb culinary skills. While this small restaurant in Tequesta with 8 tables in the dining room is beautifully decorated, my favorite place to sit is in the kitchen VIP table where I can enjoy watching the creativity and skills of Chef Mike and his team. It's so much fun to see how a well run kitchen performs, have Chef Mike describe the dishes as they go to the dining room, and enjoy the banter between the staff. Chef Mike's Mom helps him in the kitchen, and you can see how proud she is of her son.

But the food is what keeps us coming back to Krave. There was a new menu with some old favorites, and we were excited to try it. I've had the foie gras before, and it's definitely one of my favorites. I was tempted, but I decided to try the duck spring rolls. They were beautifully plated and cooked to perfection. As a entree, the prosciutto-wrapped diver scallops were tender and served over pesto risotto. Delicious! My husband had the togarashi crusted Chilean sea bass in a miso broth with a hint of orange. If he didn't say it once, he said it 100 times, “This is so good!”. For dessert, we sampled a variety of home-made ice cream...sweet corn was a pleasant surprise. The basil ice cream was another with just the right amount of basil to not be overpowering. The Sicilian almond cookies, as always, came home with us to enjoy later.

If you enjoy creative cuisine, wonderfully prepared and served in a beautiful setting, visit Krave!