“Can't Cook a Simple Burger”
Review of Time to Eat Diner

Time to Eat Diner
Ranked #18 of 50 Restaurants in Tequesta
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Enjoy a classic New York City / New Jersey diner experience with friendly all-day service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Serving the Palm Beach, Jupiter, Tequesta region.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We wanted to like this diner. We became increasingly disenchanted after three trips and my husband's three nearly raw burgers that were supposed to be well-done each time. That's sad. On one occasion, my Chicken Marsala was decent. The service is excellent; the reason I gave " Time to Eat Diner" three stars instead of two.
Now if they can get their act together and offer consistent food, then we may consider returning.

1  Thank kakirita
timetoeatdiner, Manager at Time to Eat Diner, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We regret that not all of your visits have been equally satisfying, and we hope to be able to please you in future. Kind regards.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was hoping for a "REAL Diner" experience. At first I thought I had found it...but not so fast! The requisite cake display in the entrance lobby had me thinking this is it...but not so fast. The HUGE menu, the perky and efficient waitress had me thinking this is it...but not so fast.
The food was very ordinary and had no real character maybe packaged? Maybe frozen and reheated? Maybe just poorly made but it did not grab my taste-buds and make them happy. The service was the best feature on the three occasions I visited the waitstaff was ON THE BALL and friendly, helpful and polite.
Now back to the cake display...Most New York-New Jersey style diners have a display case in the entrance lobby with tall mouthwatering cakes and pies, big cookies and interesting desserts this diner had an imitation one. The cakes looked great, tall and iced with swirls and curls. Shells and garlands decorated each cake. A big strawberry on one cake, a large icing carrot on another they looked inviting...but not so fast. The cakes were dry (frozen and thawed?) the frosting was pretty flavorless DEFINITELY tasted canned and in general they were disappointing and overpriced.
Very sad since I expected so much and feel like I got so little.... All in all This is not a BAD place just not a great one I'll probably go back but not too soon and not too often.

1  Thank George K

We always appreciate visits from folks who know the authentic NYC-NJ diner. We bake cakes and pies fresh daily, and we'll discuss your comment internally to make sure that all remains tip-top. Thank you.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

OK, the place looks good but, nothing we ordered was prepared there, it was warmed up maybe but nothing was fresh. I like comfort food but give me a break, my sons burger looked like it was a pre-fab burger. Its not hard to make at least a fresh hamburger. There are to many other good choices around to go there. The burger at cobblestone right behind them is fresh and big and like a dollar more. If you like frozen food by all means eat here, the place looks good and the service isn't bad but if you like food to have some original character keep looking.

2  Thank Steve C

We grind our own ground beef to make our burgers tasty and fresh. We regret that your experience didn't seem this way, and we certainly would like to earn your satisfaction at a future visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This part of Palm Beach County has long needed a New York/New Jersey style diner. The look and feel of "A time to Eat" fits the bill, as does the giant menu featuring something for everyone. But the similarities end there. The food is okay, but nothing to tickle your taste buds. Three of the four dishes we ordered needed hot sauce or loads of lemon to give it some flavor. If you go, stick with the sandwiches and salads.

2  Thank Hal G

We love it when people speak with enthusiasm about the New York/New Jersey diner experience. We do craft and prepare our foods fresh, and we hope to please you and yours on your next visit.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Have eaten here several times with a business associate and have never been disappointed. Large number of selections and everything we have tried has been good. Recommend for lunch -- have not had dinners there. Always packed.

1  Thank DancerUSA

We're delighted that your business associate and you enjoy your visits. Thanks for writing.