“Philly food”

Cuisines: Italian
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Philly food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Born and raised in Phila, there is nothing in South Fla. that comes close to having your Philly fix than Baldino's. Home cooked, delicious, outstanding friendly staff. Love the banners on the wall.
My husband and I have been eating here for years now and he knows when I need my Philly fix where to take me.

• Visited November 2013

Singer Island, Florida
“Best Philly Cheesesteaks in Florida”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I went on Sunday. Place was not packed but had a nice crowd. For almost 10 years when we go to Baldino's we always order the cheesesteaks.......I am originally from outside of Philly. It is hard to find a place in South Florida that has a good "Philly Cheesesteak". This comes closest to home, not the Pat's or Gino's, but how we make them in the suburbs. The rolls even come from Norristown, PA. We decided to try something different. We started with the Calamari for an appetizer. It had slices of cherry peppers deep fried with them. Gave it a little zip which we liked. For our entrees, we each had one of the daily specials, which come with salad (very fresh) and dessert (we had Spumoni). I had the Chicken Francaise with Linguine and my husband had the Sausage, Peppers and Onions over Fettuccine. Our dinners were delicious and the portions were large (we will have lunch with the leftovers). The meal also came with 2 Garlic Rolls, the waitress asked if we wanted more. The owner stops by the tables to chat with the patrons. Delicious, friendly, clean and a little bit of Philly!

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very average, mediocre at best.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Went after college class with my BF we were both very hungry. They had a $22 special because they say they have been open ten years, we both ask were the portions full the waitress replied yes. She lied! Very small salad, but pretty fresh, two garlic knots we ask for more they said they had no more wait .... what? No more bread, you are suppose to be an Italian restaurant that specializes in hoagies how can you be out of bread, right [--].
Let's go back to the full meal thing, yeah that didn't happen a piece of luke warm chicken parm with the spaghetti right on the plate, this place really pissed me off and so did the lying waitress. It used to be good not any more, the owners car has become larger and the food has become smaller. Mediocre very disappointing, go to Publix across the street and buy steak ums that is what they use for steak hoagies, Philly Cheese Steak my Not. MSG. Ryan

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank USArmy2u
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“I Feel Bad For This Review...”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Let me preface this by saying of all the restaurants in the Jupiter area Baldino's was hands down the nicest service we encountered. From the server to the manager... they were super sweet and attentive.

With that said, there has never been a restaurant I felt that warranted to be on one of these makeover television shows more than Baldino's. We went on a Friday night and the place was virtually empty. The salad and appetizer was painfully bland and not fresh. My girlfriend ordered a pasta dish and I decided to give their Philly Cheesesteak a try. Her Pasta simply was not good and you could tell ingredients were not fresh. My Philly was painfully disappointing. I honestly think I could have made one of equal quality buying Steak'ums from the Publix across the street.

The decor is outdated, the food was a major disappointment, and their main claim to fame (the cheesesteak) was borderline inedible. Yet, it pained me to complain as the folks were so nice (they even waved goodbye as we were at our car). I truly wish the staff the best and hope they somehow find an way to make their menu match their service.

• Visited July 2013
Virginia
“True Philly Hoagies”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband is from Philly. Thought this was the closest he had ever come to a true hoagie south of Philly. Great service. Pasta serving was just enough. Love it

• Visited June 2013

Been to Baldino's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!