“Delicious”
Review of Evo

Evo
Reserve with OpenTable
Evo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Tequesta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

What a find! The food was delicious. Everyone was licking their chops from the appetizers to the main course. We had no room for desert. Attention to detail and presentation were on the mark. Would definitely recommend this as a premiere Italian restaurant in the area.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went to the new location and they did a very nice job using the space. Nice outdoor arera, nice bar and the front dining room is open and pleasant. Very good wine list with some excellent Italian choices. The appetizers were excellent, especially the clams in broth. The caesar salad was almost all the dark green upper leaves, which is not acceptable for these prices. The veal dish with minced prociutto and a dark heavy sauce was disappointing, and over cooked. Our server was pleasant, but kind of just went through the motions, and was always anxious to leave the table. I don't mind paying top proces, but I couldn't believe the "Sunday Gravy", which is a meatball, a sausage,and a small bracciole was $33.00! That's bordering on ridiculous. They are doing a fabulous business and I'm sure they won't miss seeing me again.

2  Thank Jerseyguy314
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I will start by saying that I have been to many great Italian restaurant in Italy and EVO is by far one of the best examples of this amazing cuisine in the US.
The presentation of every little detail, down to the oil and vinegar dish, was elegant and perfect. Our meal was outstanding, I have never seen so much lobster in a ravioli in my life. The flavors were "spot on" for Italian gourmet.
The wine menu was extensive and well designed. I was able to find the exact wine I wanted with dinner.
Our waitress was extremely helpful and friendly.
The atmosphere was sophisticated, warm and elegant with red walls and flowing curtains to create an intimate setting in a large room. Very well designed.
I felt like a queen dining there.
FYI- they are at a new location as of a few months ago so some of the previous reviews may be about the old location.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to EVO this past Friday for the first time. We are locals and I had heard great things. I absolutely loved it and have been raving about it ever since. I was a little worried with it being in a plaza, but as you walk up it is surprisingly pretty with trees, candles and a gazebo-type dining area. Once inside, it is very modern and cool. Our party wasn't complete, so we sat at the bar and had a drink. The bartender was very nice and they had a full bar, wine list and beer options. Other people dining around us at the bar were talkative and friendly. Once our party arrived we were seated immediately and enjoyed bread dipped in their "EVO" oil/balsamic. The specials included a Swordfish dish, Scallops and Risotto - and Lobster and Risotto, which is what I ordered. It was delicious and cooked perfectly. The menu is very Italian, with Scarpariello and Gnocchi - a nice departure from "Spaghetti and Meatballs" and "Fettucini Alfredo." Everyone at the table enjoyed their meal and the service was impeccable. Our water was never empty, we were never without a drink and even subtleties like not clearing the table until everyone has finished their meal were observed which always makes me giddy. As if I wasn't already thrilled, they surprised my husband with a decadent chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream with his name written on it in some colored sweet sauce. It was his birthday, which I mentioned in my online reservation. I thought that was pretty phenomenal considering I hadn't requested anything and it was on the house. And they nailed it, because I couldn't have asked for a dessert he would like more. EVO was the perfect birthday dinner and I'm shouting it from the rooftops that people should make a reservation to visit soon. They were so accommodating and polished and the food was spot on. Very highly recommend!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

After all the hype, our experience was especially disappointing. The server was courteous, reviewed the order and agreed to swap an item in the dish but, evidently, the chef took it upon himself to omit several ingredients listed in the menu's description of the recipe. The server offered a new batch of sauce to remedy the problem, this was declined because 1- food really should be cooked in its sauce to infuse flavor, and 2- to avoid disrupting the flow of the meal as my companion had already began eating. Meals need to be prepared properly the 1st time, 2nd chances really are not practical. The dish was supposedly comprised of a citrus buerre blanc but the flavor was inexplicably and unpleasantly sweet. The iced tea was too strong and the salad was adequate but dry. No adjustment of the check was offered. On a happier note, my companion was satisfied with his dish.

We were denied our 1st choice reservation request but were told we could come 15 minutes earlier; upon arrival, we were surprised to see many empty tables which stayed that way for awhile. The restaurant's setting was neither impressive nor offensive. The only thing upscale about it were the prices.

Italian dinner for 2 = $100, without alcohol or dessert.

Not recommended.

3  Thank UsaAnon

Been to Evo? Share your experiences!