“Very pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Palm Bay, Florida
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2007

I was very pleased with my stay at Fairfield Inn. I stayed here with my two young children after a visit to Busch Gardens. The rooms were very clean and smelled great (this is a non-smoking hotel). I could even walk around in my bare feet on the carpet. The front desk staff were friendly and made me feel welcome. We also enjoyed the free breakfast...lots of choices. I will definitely stay here again when I use my annual passes to the parks.

• Liked — The clean rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank Dee0620

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
tecumseh, canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2007

This hotel was pretty good, but I don't understand some of the great reviews I have read. Location is good. It is right off I-75 and close to all the highways and Busch Gardens. The traffic in downtown Tampa is terrible! If your journey is into dowtown at all I would recommend staying somewhere much closer. The rooms are basic, but clean and a little more spacious than average. There was some wear and tear, namely cracks had been repaired in our "popcorn" ceiling and the bandaged scars could still be seen. I was a little surprised at that. Housekeeping was good and the shower pressure was excellent. The pool was small and the landscaping was boring. And the water was so cold that no one was in it the entire time I was there (March 10-14). I don't remember if they advertised it as heated, but it definately was not warm. There were people in the hot tub once and it seemed o.k. They do have free USA Today in the lobby and never ran out. In fact you could get yesterdays copy if you wanted that as well. The breakfast bar was awesome! Make your own waffles (and you could add raisins, etc) Jimmy Dean microwaveable sandwiches as well as the standard, fruit, cereal, yogurt, danish, toast. You had to be patient, as the hotel was full and the lineups could be long and the room a little crowded. The only real complaint was that the O.J. dispenser was too small to handle the crowd. Every day while I was there it ran out, and people got slightly orange water and had to wait for it to be refilled. Not a major complaint, but too common an occurence to ignore it. Similarly, they had free internet in the lobby...but they did not have a time limit on it. As a result, some people (and not the kids) would stay on it for a half hour or more while people waited to get on. I gave up a couple of times. Not worth the hassle to check my e-mail for 2 minutes! The staff was friendly, but not overly knowlegeable about the area. Overall it was a pretty good hotel and I would stay there again, but I would not expect as much as I did going into it this time.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — overpriced
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank disneyman
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2006

I stayed here for one night to attend a concert at the Ford Amphitheatre which was only 7 minutes from the hotel. I believe the hotel is brand new and everything close by seemed like it was just built. The front desk was very friendly and provided a speedy check in. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious as well as spotless. The only downfall was there isn't really anything close by to eat but that's not the hotel's fault. Will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Trip4AWeekend
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2006

My experience at the Fairfield Inn in Tampa was an excellent one. I had to travel on business and needed accomodations for just 2 nights. I also needed something affordable and safe. Being a woman traveling alone, I wanted to feel secure. I had originally been reserved at another hotel in Tampa, but after reading its reviews regarding lack of upkeep and safety, I was certain to look elsewhere. The Fairfield Inn fit my needs perfectly and was the same price as the first hotel. The hotel is in New (north) Tampa, about 10 mins. from Busch Gardens and 20+ mins away from city central. It is worth the short drive to stay in this nicer, quieter side of town versus staying somewhere more expensive and less secure.

At the Fairfield Inn, I arrived quite late but was quickly assisted by Maurice, the night manager. He was concerned with my comfort and offered to get me something to eat or drink even though it was past midnight when I came in. The room was very clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom. Everything was fresh and in working order. The room had a desk and wifi or dsl internet. The hotel is next to a nature preserve. When I woke the next morning, I opened my curtains to see herons wandering around. I didn't have time to take advantage of the free breakfast, but there was plenty to offer including fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea, juices, and make-your-own waffles.
I came in late again that night to be greeted by Maurice. When I asked about being able to check-in online to secure my boarding pass for my flight home, he let me use their computer to check-in and print off my pass. He was very gracious and beyond helpful. If ever it seemed like I was looking for something, he was quick to ask if he could get me anything. I really felt welcome and looked-after. I highly recommend this simple, clean, and courteous hotel for the budget business traveler as well as for families looking for a quiet, safe refuge from the city.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank WPKimber
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

Fairfield in hotel is wonderful come on it is related to the Marriott Hotel so it has to be good.

The room we had was on the first cloor by the lobby which had a microwave, coffee maker, fridge etc in it, also 2 nice full size soft beds...The only thing that bothers me is what hotel still carried "Feather Pillows?"

We stayed here the night before my mom had to have stents reopened in her right leg, at University Community Hospital about 6 minutes away not that far once you start driving. I tried to go to sleep and was very itchy and iratable, also my left side of my throat started to bother me, and my face felt funny. I had to keep clearing my throat I couldn't swallow after a while any water, and felt like I was havign an allergy attack. GUESS WHAT 4 am I am still having a hard time and somethign tells me to look at the pillows and you've got it they are FEATHER FILLED I was having an allergic reaction... I had to throw the pillows on the floor but that did no good..

When I asked at 6 am if they could find me some regular pillows if we were staying the other night my response was "It will be hard since they carry feather pillows" now in this day and age who still has FEATHER PILLOWS...

Other then that it was find, good area no problems at all...

Stayed February 2006
1 Thank TTFN10000

Travelers are raving about these Temple Terrace hotels

Lake Worth, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2005

My stay at this hotel was OK, about what you would expect from this 'star' level. The problem began when I arrived home and realized that a document containing personal identification information was missing (ie stolen). I had the document while in the hotel room. I called the hotel...reported what happen...the manager checked into my complaint and said he didn't find anything wrong and would cooperate with police. I contacted the police and they told me to fill out a police report but don't expect this to be investigated...what??? It gets worse...I called the Marriott complaint line and got this very cold attitude and was treated like I was the criminal not the victim...They took no responsibility for theft occurring in a hotel room that is supposed to be locked where only the maid had access...interesting. With ID theft on the rise this attitude should be a concern for any potential customers. This hotel has some security issues...stay at your own risk!

Stayed October 2005
6 Thank BigChuckJr
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2005

Great place and friendly staff! We stayed here after visiting Busch Gardens for the day. The room was super clean, bathroom very large and had a micro wave. It is very convienient to the park and in a MUCH better area than the closer hotels. We enjoyed the pool and especially the outdoor hot tub. We ordered delivery pizza and had it delivered right to the pool. GREAT experience. Highly recommended,

• Stayed January 2005
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North? Share your experiences!