“This is a Pretty Spartan Setup”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Atlanta, GA
“This is a Pretty Spartan Setup”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I usually stay at Courtyards but the one nearby this facility was booked solid so I tried the Fairfield. I must say it was a good notch below most Hamptons I have stayed in. I didn't expect Courtyard quality but was frankly very surprised at the major drop-off.

I reserved a King Studio (upgrade) and when I arrived they tried to put in a handicapped room - only 1 problem - I'm not handicapped. They they switched me a midnight to a regular double. Very plain and worn looking room. Loud air conditioner runs continuously.

Went downstairs for breakfast but waited a long time for an elevator that only goes to 3 floors. Everyone complained how slow it operates. Fairfield are apparently the "styrofoam kings" of breakfasts. All bowls and drink glasses are stryofoam - is that appropriate in this age of Green? Oatmeal was in packages with a microwave. Orange juice had something foamy in it and the foam would not dissipate after 10 minutes (I think you call that soap - is it designed to enhance the flavor?).

Anyway, you get what you pay for - I paid $89. Most any Country Inn & Suites would be just as good if not better but then probably at a similar price. Take it or leave it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Netedge
ksljusar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry that your expectations were not met during your stay. We do strive to keep our guests happy and take it very seriously when we fail to do so.

Our hotel has several handicap accessible rooms which provide the same amenities that non-accessible rooms offer, the only difference being the room size and width. Our accessible rooms are larger and offer more space to accommodate wheelchair access. It was never our intention to offend you by placing you in a handicap accessible room as it does serve dual purpose. Again, please accept our apologies for not offering you the room that you expected.

As a result of your comments regarding breakfast we have called out a technician to check the juice machine. Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North takes pride is being a Florida Green Lodging Property. We recycle paper, plastic, & card board, reduce water usage by participating in the line & towel reuse program, and also use only florescent light bulbs. Due to Marriott Brand Standards, we are unfortunately not able to switch to real plates at this time.

I certainly hope that you give us another chance to win your business back. Should you need a room in this area please feel free to reach out to me directly by calling (813) 989-0007 ext. 603 and I will personally ensure that a non-handicap room is blocked for your arrival.

Katya Sljusar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have stayed in many Fairfield Inns on our drives up North to visit relatives. When I saw the rate for this Fairfield Inn in Tampa, I jumped on it. We visit Tampa often.We like to stay in the Morris Bridge Rd. area because it's close to USF & Busch Gardens but in a quiet area. We usually stay in the Hilton Garden Inn, which we love. But we decided to try the Fairfield Inn, which was giving a better rate. And Fairfield Inn had such great reviews on Expedia!
My husband arrived first & called right away to tell me the a/c in the room was set to 60 degrees! It was freezing & damp. He turned the a/c to 70 degrees & was hoping that damp feeling would go away. When I got there it was late & I was exhausted. When I walked into our room I also felt the dampness. Also, when I took off my shoes the carpet felt dirty. I'd read the reviews that the beds were so comfy, which is important to us! We like a good night sleep! I felt the blanket on top and it was thin. I went to the front desk for more blankets. When I finally got into bed I was so disappointed. Yes, the mattress was comfy but the sheets felt damp & dirty. My husband actually slept in his sweatpants because the sheets felt gross. Instead of a good night sleep we hardly slept.
We went to the Continental breakfast in the morning. That was actually the best part of our stay. The attendant was so pleasant & so attentive to us & everyone else. She made me smile after such a bad night!
We were disappointed. It's worth it to pay a little more to go back to the Hilton Garden Inn. It's in the same area & we never had any issues there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ksljusar, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Guests,

I wanted to thank you for taking your time to write a review and share with us comments about your recent stay at our hotel!
I wanted to apologize for not meeting your expectations! We hold our housekeeping staff to very high standards and I am truly sorry that in your case we failed to provide you with the level of cleanliness that you have come to expect from the hotels you stay in. I hope that you treat it as an isolated incident and give us a chance to regain your trust in us. Please feel free to call me directly at (813) 989-0007 ext. 603 when planning your next trip to north Tampa and I will personally ensure that your stay is great!
I am glad however that our breakfast attendant made a great impression on you and your husband. I will make sure to pass along your comments to her!

Katya Sljusar
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I found the hotel to be handy for my drive N/B on I-75.I wanted to be past the Tampa congestion for an early start. The staff was helful as I called in ahead from the road. Upon arriving, the staff was efficient. The room was clean and up to date. I had a good breakfast and hit the road relaxed and rested.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The hotel has microwave and fridge in the room I stayed. That was better than most other Fairfield Inns. I will stay here again in a few weeks on a return trip to Tampa. The staff is helpful.

• Stayed March 2012
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I've stayed in many Marriott hotel chains and I must say, this one was a pleasant surprise. We stayed to take our children to Busch Gardens and it was five minutes away. The room was very clean and there was an area that was not and the remote control was not working. Both were taken care of while we were out. The breakfast lady was very kind and the selections are great when travelling with children. There was something for all of us. The front desk young lady could have been a little bit more pleasant. The afternoon young man was professional and kind. Lourdes the housekeeping woman was a gem and was very, very helpful. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night before moving to Clearwater for Spring Baseball Training. It is a nice small hotel, with very pleasant staff. They couldn't do enough to help us. The room was SPOTLESS, but very small. The desk chair prevented two people from passing when walking around the room. Other than that it was attractively furnished, and very quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Mr. B stayed here for one night only. Satisfactory but nothing special. Parking lot is poorly lit, but if you choose a room on the parking lot side, it is very quiet.

• Stayed January 2012
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North? Share your experiences!