“My local spot”

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I love sushi and this is the spot I go when I'm looking for a great quick meal. Miso soup is great and my favorite roll is the angel roll. It's a must try if you live in the area. They also have a reward stamp card that brings free sushi with $X amount of money spent.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The sushi was good and had great variety. Customer Service was exceptional. And Japanese Ice Cream was delish!

1  Thank mari0328
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is one of my daughter's favorite restaurants for sushi and sashimi, so she took us there for lunch. There was a friendly greeting as soon as we walked in by the server as well as one of the the chefs.

My daughter gave me one of her salmon sashimi and I couldn't believe how delicate and delicious it tasted. I opted for one of the lunch specials, number 9, which included teriyaki chicken, 8 California rolls, the crabmeat special, black seaweed and rice. Everything was fabulous and I'm so glad I had people with which to share. My daughter's boyfriend had ordered one of the special sushi posted on the daily board called "Summer Love." I could have eaten that entire plate. Mango, crispy shrimp and I don't know what else, but the flavors just melted together fantastically. My husband had the gyoza (pan fried dumpling) and the beef teriyaki, of which he took half home because it was so generous and good.

I noticed several people, that had obviously been there before, come in and sit at the chefs' bar. We will definitely do that next time and watch the chefs' practice their art. Soon!

1  Thank EilselFL
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We like the restaurant and have enjoyed their sushi for years. I picked up our now traditional New Years Eve sushi. The management always has a good word for me and asks about my wife.
Over the years, the restaurant has developed many sushi specials that you don't find at the typical sushi place in the Tampa area.
Whether we eat in or have takeout, we are always very happy with the food and service at Tokyo!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Tokyo Sushi has been a favorite of mine for years. I used to live just around the corner, but now a visit requires a long drive and a bit of planning, but it's worth it. The restaurant offers all your traditional rolls, but also a wide variety of specialty rolls, many named for loyal customers. The "Dragon" and the "Brenda" are particularly fabulous... and I've actually had dreams about their "Crab Special," a blend of imitation crab, mayo, scallions, roe, and something else I can't place.'

I usually stick with sushi, but the soup is nice and a vegetarian friend has been pleased with their prepared dishes.

The interior is nothing fancy, but comfortable. The staff recognize you quickly and make you feel welcome. Even if I go months between visits, they still remember me. They do lots of take out business too, if you are interested, but fresh to the table is always the best.