“Simply Wonderful”
Review of Stefano

Stefano
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed February 27, 2015

After reading reviews decided to try. Small family run restaurant which is casual but very clean. Service was excellent, server was a delight and very helpful explaining menu items and giving options. The food was delicious and very large size portions. Highly recommend the next time I am in Tampa. Restaurant was minutes from Busch Gardens and perfect for an after the park dinner.

1  Thank drifter75380

Reviewed February 25, 2015

Stefano's is a bit of a jewel in the rough. While it will never win an award for ambiance or sophistication, it is a great place for very hungry people to find generous portions of well prepared home style Greek and Italian cooking. We were flabbergasted when our server brought out our flaming saganaki and it was roughly the size of a T-bone steak.
Entrees are huge. It appears to be a given that when you buy dinner you are also taking home tomorrow's lunch.
Our server was friendly and happy to advise and chat. We all enjoyed our entrees and the environment and will return when we are back in Tampa.

Reviewed January 18, 2015 via mobile

Abundant good food, quite reasonable prices.... & probably the worst service we've experienced in over a decade...(& I'm actually being kind.). We waited 20+ minutes to be shown menus; we waited 30+ minutes to order; we waited longer than that for our food; we waited over 30 minutes after we were done for a bill; I finally got up and went to her to ask for a bill; and after another 35 minutes without receiving a bill I got up again and found her to tell her we would be leaving shortly with or without a bill..... we finally got a bill; she did NOT get a tip! If you've the time and patience the food's excellent but otherwise skip it.

1  Thank Charles C
Reviewed January 11, 2015

We had the Gyros and Pastrami Panini. It is hard to find good pastrami in FL, and it was very good. This is a Mom & Pop type of restaurant that is not very fancy inside. However, the service was great and the people who work there were so nice. The food was really good and home cooked. The portions are huge. We will go back to try the Italian food. Family friendly, casual, and handicapped accessible. Good location when doing things at USF. No reservations needed unless your party is over 8.

Reviewed December 21, 2014

I enjoy a good Mom & Pop restaurant. In fact, I usually ask the locals where the good ones are when I travel. Stefano's is in my backyard and judging from the number of people eating breakfast mid-morning Saturday, it's very popular among the locals.
I understand why. The food is good, the servings massive and the service attentive. Breakfast was Southern country: onion and bell peppers mixed in the home fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy and large three egg omelets-portions large enough that my wife believes in the future we could split a breakfast and both be full when we leave.
Two suggestions, however, make the Wi-Fi available to patrons and serve coffee other then standard, i.e, coffee latte, coffee con liche.
Looking forward to being a regular.

Been to Stefano? Share your experiences!