“Nice Hotel, Great Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Reviewed March 3, 2007

I highly reccomend this hotel. All of the staff I came into contact with from the housekeepers to the front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. I had originally booked 2 rooms both with king beds, non smoking with a connecting door. (was traveling with family) I called the hotel after booking the reservation to make sure I would be able to get the connecting room. The woman I spoke with was very helpful in making sure they put the info in the computer about the connecting rooms and changing my room types. (The king room connects to a room with 2 beds)

We arrived at the hotel kind of late (almost midnight) and every request I had made was honored. This is something that rarely happens at hotels anymore, especially when arriving late. The hotel common areas and the rooms were very clean and everything was in good condition / working order.

After checking out, we had discovered we had left something behind. We went back to the hotel to check the room. The housekeepers were in the hallway and went out of their way to help us look for the item.

The hotel is only about 10 or so minutes away from Busch Gardens and USF. There are several restaurants on the hotels exit and the exit after that (heading South). Also, the hotel is very close to I-75 and about 10 minutes away from I-275 which was very convenient when driving into downtown Tampa.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed January 7, 2007

If you are looking for a nice place to stay with a reasonable price near Busch Gardens, this is it! It is in a good part of town, the place is really nice, the staff very nice and my room was spit shined, comfortable and classy. Have to say it was better than some $200 per night rooms I have been in. Each room also comes with free high speed internet and HDTV for cryin out loud! Stay there, it's great!

• Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed December 12, 2006

The joys of staying at your Hotel ...

1 - Dec. 11th....first of all finding this hotel....the driving instructions are not correct on the web site

2 - When we finally arrived there was no one to help with bags - the front staff could not help but notice us struggling with our luggage but, there is no offer to help.

3 - When we got to our room:

a) urine in the toilet - hey, that's ok as I flushed and cleaned it myself.

b) hair on the floor - BLACK hair - we have light brown and grey hair

c) the fridge had been turned off and defrosted - leaving a tray of water to clean up

d) bath towel was stained

4 - No shuttle to Busch Gardens - all the other hotels (less expensive) in this area do

5 - Waited for shuttle for over 30 minutes and had front desk call again.

6 - When the shuttle arrived the wife or girlfriend or friend(?) was in the front passenger seat.

7 - While driving, the driver answered the cell phone and continued to have a lengthy conversation.

8 - After the first night advised the front desk that the room was not very clean, hair on floor and hole in one of the sheets - was assured that this would be attended to - upon returning late that afternoon found that nothing had been done. - in fact, the hair was still on the floor and the sheet (complete with hole) was still there.

9 - When returning from Busch Gardens, asked the shuttle driver what the rate from the Hotel to the Airport would be to confirm what I had been advised by Hilton Hotels (head office) which was $55 for a taxi and $35 for a shuttle - the driver advised that the shuttle fee was $35 for one person and $55 for two - well, the reservation had been made for Mr & Mrs .. what part of this am I missing?
On the other 2 trips we made with the shuttle the driver as well was answering his cell....and no it was not a hands free one.
I realize the shuttle does not belong to the hotel but it is up to the hotel to set the guidelines.

Not so much as a "thank you for staying with us", "have a good day" ... or whatever, as the front desk watched us struggle with our luggage on the way out ...
not very likely to stay there again!
.......and that's why it's not a 4 star ....shouldn't even be a 3

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2006

If you are going to Busch gardens, take my advice stay at this hotel. It may be 4-5 miles further to the park but the hotels in this area are not ran down. This place is great, clean rooms, managers reception a typical Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2006

If you stay in Tampa, FL you must stay here. The hotel is very nice. I stayed here for 2 nights at like $75 a night and the hotel was great. When you walk in the hotel the lobby is so nicely decorated. It really feels like an regurlar fancy Hilton and what a bargain. There is always a treat at the counter. One day there were fresh apples in a huge bowl filled with ice water and the other day I had soft cholate chip cookie. Checking in and checkin out is a breeze. When you checkout you can use the phone in the room which is so fast and you can then just leave your keys. Everything is close to this hotel. There is a Walmart, Busch Gardens, and some shopping and nice restaraunts nearby within 5 minutes. I must tell you about the best restaraunt that I went to when I was there. It is called Remington's Steakhouse has the best sirloin steak I had ever had and the biggest baked potato was as big as a mini football i swear. My wife had the tastiest strawberry daquari ever. Vist [--], there are 3 locations in Tampa, FL. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank bullybull
Reviewed July 8, 2006

We stayed here for 2 nights at $62/night (AAA rate). Every staff member we came in contact with was pleasant, helpful and provided excellent customer service. The hotel lobby and restaurant were clean and very well-maintained. The breakfast buffet was great! Our room/bathroom were also very clean and comfortable (in addition to the bed it included a microwave, fridge, desk and comfortable chair/ottoman). Parking was never a problem.

It's a great place to stay if you are planning on going to Busch Gardens which is just a few miles away. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed May 21, 2006

All the guides I've seen have listed the Hilton Garden Inn (Tampa North) as a 3 star hotel. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it isn't a 4-star hotel. Everything was excellent. Staff was courteous and helpful, the standard room with king-sized bed was spacious and came with a microwave and refrigerator which came in pretty handy. The hotel itself is just a short drive from Busch Gardens, and the construction (mentioned by a previous reviewer) seems to be finished. On my next trip to Tampa, I'll definitely be staying here.

1  Thank MsUrbanProdigy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!