The joys of staying at your Hotel ...
1 - Dec. 11th....first of all finding this hotel....the driving instructions are not correct on the web site
2 - When we finally arrived there was no one to help with bags - the front staff could not help but notice us struggling with our luggage but, there is no offer to help.
3 - When we got to our room:
a) urine in the toilet - hey, that's ok as I flushed and cleaned it myself.
b) hair on the floor - BLACK hair - we have light brown and grey hair
c) the fridge had been turned off and defrosted - leaving a tray of water to clean up
d) bath towel was stained
4 - No shuttle to Busch Gardens - all the other hotels (less expensive) in this area do
5 - Waited for shuttle for over 30 minutes and had front desk call again.
6 - When the shuttle arrived the wife or girlfriend or friend(?) was in the front passenger seat.
7 - While driving, the driver answered the cell phone and continued to have a lengthy conversation.
8 - After the first night advised the front desk that the room was not very clean, hair on floor and hole in one of the sheets - was assured that this would be attended to - upon returning late that afternoon found that nothing had been done. - in fact, the hair was still on the floor and the sheet (complete with hole) was still there.
9 - When returning from Busch Gardens, asked the shuttle driver what the rate from the Hotel to the Airport would be to confirm what I had been advised by Hilton Hotels (head office) which was $55 for a taxi and $35 for a shuttle - the driver advised that the shuttle fee was $35 for one person and $55 for two - well, the reservation had been made for Mr & Mrs .. what part of this am I missing?
On the other 2 trips we made with the shuttle the driver as well was answering his cell....and no it was not a hands free one.
I realize the shuttle does not belong to the hotel but it is up to the hotel to set the guidelines.
Not so much as a "thank you for staying with us", "have a good day" ... or whatever, as the front desk watched us struggle with our luggage on the way out ...
not very likely to stay there again!
.......and that's why it's not a 4 star ....shouldn't even be a 3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Newly renovated Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North and enjoy everything you need for a relaxing stay. The hotel is ideally located in a tranquil nature preserve, yet just minutes from popular Florida attractions.Relax in your comfy guest room at the Hilton Garden Tampa North, where everything you need is within easy access. Unwind on a patented auto adjustable Garden Sleep System(R) bed or get to work at the large desk and ergonomic Herman Miller Mirra(R) chair. Begin your day with a delicious cooked breakfast at the Great American Grill(R) and choose from the a la carte menu at lunch and dinner. Do business in the 24-hour Business Center, refresh in the fitness center or enjoy a revitalizing swim in the tropical outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North Hotel Temple Terrace
- Hilton Garden Inn Temple Terrace
- Hilton Temple Terrace
- Temple Terrace Hilton