I've stayed here a couple of times before, so was familiar with the hotel. Check in was easy, the staff was pleasant and friendly. The lobby has been redecorated since I was last there (Had been a couple of years), and I like the new decor! The cookies served in the evening were really yummy, especially when they're warm.
Had dinner in the cafe both nights we were there, and breakfast once, the food was tasty, if slightly overpriced, but the staff was great! Very friendly and attentive without being pushy, they allowed us to just relax and enjoy our meals and conversation and unwind.
Our room was clean, bed was very comfortable, as always, and the room was nice and quiet. I love having a Keurig coffee maker in the room, the k-cups are much nicer than standard hotel coffee!
There were a couple of issues that make me think that the hotel is starting to show it's age a bit. The A/C in the hallways on the higher floors wasn't working, so it was really hot when you got out of the elevator, but the in room A/C was nicely cold. (There was a notice at the front desk informing guests of the problem.) The hot tub, was more of a warm tub, but every time we've been to this hotel the spa has either not been working, or just not very hot, so this was almost expected...
The most annoying thing was an issue with the shuttle service. We chose this hotel from the many others in the area for it's shuttle service to Busch Gardens. When we arrived we were told that it runs "On the hour and the last one leaves at 9pm". I confirmed this before we took the shuttle in for the day, as well as that if we needed to change our time back, that I could call and do so. After an afternoon in the heat, we decided to come back a bit early, so I called the hotel and asked if they knew the approximate time that the next shuttle would be arriving at the park. (This was approx 4:45, figuring on catching the shuttle that left the hotel at 5pm) I was told that the next one wasn't until 6pm. When I questioned the person on the phone, I was told that the shuttle runs every hour, except 5pm due to traffic. If that was the case, why weren't we told "Every hour except for 5pm" when we first inquired about it? I could understand it if it were a weekday, but this was Saturday. We ended up catching a cab back, and the traffic was not bad. (Took us a whole 12 minutes and that was catching red lights as well.) When we got back, the shuttle was sitting there, and the person at the desk really didn't want to make eye contact when I asked to be removed from the schedule for the later pick up. I just think it was a moment of pure staff laziness, and very surprising for a Hilton hotel.
Aside from that the stay was pretty good. I can't say enough about how pleasant the staff was. I might stay there again, but with there being another Hilton hotel a short distance away, I might not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Newly renovated Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North and enjoy everything you need for a relaxing stay. The hotel is ideally located in a tranquil nature preserve, yet just minutes from popular Florida attractions.Relax in your comfy guest room at the Hilton Garden Tampa North, where everything you need is within easy access. Unwind on a patented auto adjustable Garden Sleep System(R) bed or get to work at the large desk and ergonomic Herman Miller Mirra(R) chair. Begin your day with a delicious cooked breakfast at the Great American Grill(R) and choose from the a la carte menu at lunch and dinner. Do business in the 24-hour Business Center, refresh in the fitness center or enjoy a revitalizing swim in the tropical outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North Hotel Temple Terrace
- Hilton Garden Inn Temple Terrace
- Hilton Temple Terrace
- Temple Terrace Hilton