“Some good, some bad...”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Eustis, Florida
“Some good, some bad...”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times before, so was familiar with the hotel. Check in was easy, the staff was pleasant and friendly. The lobby has been redecorated since I was last there (Had been a couple of years), and I like the new decor! The cookies served in the evening were really yummy, especially when they're warm.

Had dinner in the cafe both nights we were there, and breakfast once, the food was tasty, if slightly overpriced, but the staff was great! Very friendly and attentive without being pushy, they allowed us to just relax and enjoy our meals and conversation and unwind.

Our room was clean, bed was very comfortable, as always, and the room was nice and quiet. I love having a Keurig coffee maker in the room, the k-cups are much nicer than standard hotel coffee!

There were a couple of issues that make me think that the hotel is starting to show it's age a bit. The A/C in the hallways on the higher floors wasn't working, so it was really hot when you got out of the elevator, but the in room A/C was nicely cold. (There was a notice at the front desk informing guests of the problem.) The hot tub, was more of a warm tub, but every time we've been to this hotel the spa has either not been working, or just not very hot, so this was almost expected...

The most annoying thing was an issue with the shuttle service. We chose this hotel from the many others in the area for it's shuttle service to Busch Gardens. When we arrived we were told that it runs "On the hour and the last one leaves at 9pm". I confirmed this before we took the shuttle in for the day, as well as that if we needed to change our time back, that I could call and do so. After an afternoon in the heat, we decided to come back a bit early, so I called the hotel and asked if they knew the approximate time that the next shuttle would be arriving at the park. (This was approx 4:45, figuring on catching the shuttle that left the hotel at 5pm) I was told that the next one wasn't until 6pm. When I questioned the person on the phone, I was told that the shuttle runs every hour, except 5pm due to traffic. If that was the case, why weren't we told "Every hour except for 5pm" when we first inquired about it? I could understand it if it were a weekday, but this was Saturday. We ended up catching a cab back, and the traffic was not bad. (Took us a whole 12 minutes and that was catching red lights as well.) When we got back, the shuttle was sitting there, and the person at the desk really didn't want to make eye contact when I asked to be removed from the schedule for the later pick up. I just think it was a moment of pure staff laziness, and very surprising for a Hilton hotel.

Aside from that the stay was pretty good. I can't say enough about how pleasant the staff was. I might stay there again, but with there being another Hilton hotel a short distance away, I might not.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gpisces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Naples, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Every staff member that we came across was genuinely kind. From the front desk agents to the housekeeping ladies to the restaurant bar/servers. I will definitely return to this hotel next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Really are no words... it was great!
Hotel staff super friendly and hotel itself was very clean and well maintained.
Only issue was the AC not working in the hallway on the 5th floor but, it did not impact the temperature in our room. Very close to MOSI which my children loved. My kids also loved the pool and warm cookies in the lobby! Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of our room on the back of the hotel. We overlooked what appeared to be a natur...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My stay here was only for two nights, but I noticed that the facility was very clean and the room was immaculate and had everything I needed. The housekeeping staff were all very friendly and did a great job. My only complaint was that the bed was a little hard for me and the adjustable softness mechanism didn't seem to work correctly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great staff, great breakfast buffet, clean rooms, great value! The made to order omelet was very good. The location is convenient to many areas, including Busch Gardens. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

rickgrick
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel for two nights and enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly and the newly renovated lobby is impressive. The rooms are dated but clean. The location is perfect being almost next to I75 and only 15 minutes away from Busch Gardens Tampa. About 8 minutes from MOSI and FSU. Would consider staying again when back in Tampa.

Stayed June 2014
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was torn between this place and the La Quinta nearby. I choose this one over the latter due to checkout time being noon. Come to find out this is not the case as I found out reading the in room info book. I went to the front desk and asked which time was true and the immediately offered to extend my checkout till noon. That was easy!

The room was very up to date and the bed could even change the firmness or softness of the mattress. Shower had good pressure, but temp dropped a couple of times; no biggie. Grounds felt safe and was very well kept. The lobby area is very nice and the staff was excellent.

Room was very very clean except a couple of spots even the best could miss. I only accidentally noticed; in the bathroom, the air vent was very dusty and the sink had 'something' under the very edge of the bowl (hadn't been cleaned in a long time, again easy to miss).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!