“HGI Tampa North-another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
fort lauderdale, fl
“HGI Tampa North-another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We just complete our 4th stay at this property in 2013--need I say more?! STAY HERE WITH CONFIDENCE!!

Mindy and Krystal both recognized me by name at arrival, as did all of the restaurant staff. My son visited and chose USF earlier this year, had an orientation in June, we moved him in August, then we just had a "family/football weekend" with him in Sept. I noticed staff recognizing many other guests...not just us. Customer service is clearly a top priority, which says a lot about a property and management. Lobby renovations are under way and look really nice and the new A/C units in the rooms are efficient and quiet!

This HGI has all the comforts while you're traveling: comfy & clean room and beds, high quality bath products, nice linens, clean pool, laundry, workout room, free Wi-Fi, office center if you don't have your computer, small shop for necessities or snacks. All rooms have a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The restaurant puts out a great breakfast and is open late for eat-in or room service. Also the proximity to highway, restaurants, shopping, USF, hospitals and Busch Gardens cannot be beat. Thanks again, HGI Tampa North, we will be back!

Room Tip: East side rooms have nice green view. If the parking lot seems full, try the south side and enter t...
2 Thank mamamooch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn by Busch Gardens totally by chance and were surprisingly impressed. Although they were going through renovations the attitude and professionalism by the staff, especially the restaurant, more than made it a great experience.

We had breakfast there and had a great buffet, including made to measure omelets for about the same price as going to Ihop with all drinks included.
The staff was upbeat and eager to please especially the manager. He entertained us with his challenging the chef( an incredible lady named Marcia) to make the best omellette, which she did. Even had fresh spinach in it. Breakfast itself was an attraction for me and my family. It was nice to be greeted with smiling professional employees that worked flawlessly as a unit.

WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

As we were in the car, on the way to the hotel, after a long day, the kids informed us that they refused to sleep in the same bed...grrrrrr. The hotel staff was nice enough to give us a 'free' upgrade to a large room that also had a (very uncomfortable) pull out couch. The room was decent but it must have been a handicap room...which normally would be a good thing but the shower was horrible! The shower-head did not move hit from the side wall all the way against the curtain. For someone short like me, I was literally in the curtain in order to have the down spray of the shower-head actually reach me...yuck. There was another shower head that you 'should' be able to move around your body but it wouldn't turn on...just a small dribble of water came out. Frustrated and tired, I resigned myself to taking water from the shower-head and using my hand, splash it on my body. Couldn't wait to get home and take an actual shower!!

Then we get home...and there is a $20 fee...now we have to call...this should be interesting :(

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Jenn G,
Thank you for staying with us. I understand that family travel can be a challenge, and I'm sorry that the room you stayed in did not offer the kind of experience you have come to expect from the Hilton family of hotels. Your complete satisfaction is my goal - please contact me directly so I can make this right:
david.mcconnell@hilton.com

David McConnell
Acting General Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before our flight home from Fl. The room was booked for a good price through the Priceline bidding process. We just selected this area, along with a few others, because of the close proximity to Tampa airport. The hotel and rooms were clean an updated. Staff were courteous. The room we had was a fair size and the bedding was comfortable. Parking and wifi were free. I would consider staying here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Youngstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice place. Very friendly and helpful staff on both day and night shifts. I came to stay for business for a couple of nights and would definitely recommend this hotel. Love the complimentary cookies at the front desk!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

TPAVE, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North for your recent visit to our area. I know you have many lodging choices, and I appreciate your trusting us to take care of you. It's gratifying to receive great responses to the electronic survey, not everyone takes the time to share their experience. Our team works hard to make sure our guests feel welcomed and valued as a VIP.

I hope you will return soon and give us the privilige of being your hosts here in North Tampa. Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions or if I can assist you in any way.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Old poorly functioning TV Lobby under construction Jackhammering at 6:00 at night Paint smell Poor customer service from the front desk General Manager made a lot of effort to remedy the damage done by the staff's lack of customer service. I cut my stay there short and relocated to another hotel nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Mr. Foley,

We have spoken several times since your disappointing stay, and I appreciate the opportunity to try to make amends. Thank you for taking the time to share with me the problems you experienced during your night here. I'm pleased that the renovation is complete, and I hope you will come back to give us another chance to provide you with the kind of accommodations and service you deserve. Thank you again for staying with us and for considering giving us another chance.

Best regards,

David McConnell
Acting General Manager
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

nice place they were doing so construction in the lobby. it looked like when they were finished it was going to be really nice. ask for upgrade cause the suite rooms are nice. had a little interaction with the staff but would like for some to be recognized.

krystal front desk
adria front desk

Room Tip: ask for upgrades the suites are really nice and big.
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!