“Hilton with no honors”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you want a bait and sand switch experience, check out the Hilton Garden Inn in Tampa, Florida by the USF Campus. They'll promise you one rate, and charge you a higher one. They'll give you vouchers for a free breakfast but the waiters will tell you that they prefer not to honor them and could you please pay. I should have stayed at the Hampton InnSuites across the road.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I would love to speak to you about your experience one on one, please feel free to contact me at 813-342-5008 at your earliest convenience. In reviewing your reservation, it looks like you booked through our central reservation 1-800 number at our Best Available Rate. Upon check-in, your rate was changed to our University of South Florida rate by the desk agent checking you in. I also show that you used your breakfast vouchers each day, we take dozens of vouchers each day, so I am unclear why yours would have been an issue. If I could just get a bit more information from you to get to the bottom of this that would be a huge help in resolving this issue. A large majority of our guests are with USF and stay with us regularly without incident, and we want to ensure this experience for all our guests.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room was great, the breakfast was outstanding and very nice overall. The young women behind the front desk went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be. A special thanks to Mindy and Andrea. They were both great.
I should mention that I am the owner of A tour company and I have had the opportunity to stay in the hundreds of hotels and motels. With that in mind, this is a great place to stay considering the cost and the quality of the accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words! We enjoyed having you as our guest as well! We appreciate our tour operators and everything they do for the hospitality industry, and it is our honor to provide you, and all our guests with a great stay! We hope you get the chance to visit with us again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed there for just an overnight and the staff ( especially Judy) were wonderful. As others mentioned, offered beer or water at check-in. Just so friendly and helpful. Breakfast very nice and the young lady cleaning and bringing out the food was so pleasant and kept the facility spotless. They even have complimentary ice cream in the afternoon.

Rooms nice and very clean.

Management must be great since that usually shows up in the staff and they were all great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review. While I would love to take credit for your great stay, it looks like you may have been a guest at another hotel up the road that does ice cream socials some evenings and has a team member named Judy. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay in Tampa, and maybe you could give us a try during you next visit!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a trip to Bush gardens. I found the stay to be average. The breakfast food was good. The AC systems in the room were terrible and the vending machines did not have any water in them and we did not have enough towels in our room

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your recent visit with us! I am very sorry you had issues with your air conditioner as well as towels and the vending machines. We are working to replace all of our air conditioners with new, quieter units, and I am very sorry this impacted your visit with us.
Please keep in mind we offer a 24 hour Pavilion Pantry with snacks, meals, soda, water, wine, beer and sundries just adjacent to the front desk. We also offer 24 hour housekeeping and would be happy to provide you with additional towels at any time or anything else you might need. We want you, and all of our guests, to have a fantastic stay, just let us know how we can serve you!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

the hotel has a very good location easy access on & off the interstate. The staff is very friendly and I thought the house keeping staff was very good. The hotel is in need of some updating though, the A/C in the room worked OK but was extremely loud. The lobby has a roof leak coming down the chimney where there are towels on the floor. Besides needing some upgrading it still is a decent hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We use these reviews to grow as a team and to provide our guests with outstanding service! I am very sorry about the issue you had with the air conditioners, we will have new units in the rest of our rooms very soon! We hope you can come back and visit with us next time you are in Tampa!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you need any service beyond checking in or out, good luck to you. I asked for separate bills and not only did they wake me up in the middle of the night to see if anybody was in the room, they still got the bill wrong! The rooms are clean like you would expect at any HGI. They never put hot water out for the guests in the coffee area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I am very sorry we did not provide you with the separate bills you requested and for our disruptions during your stay. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing the quality service we expect. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I always stay here when we visit Tampa. We have been staying here since 2007 and have never had a bad experience. The hotel is in a great location, close to attractions and interstates. There are plenty of restaurants, fast food establishments and grocery stores within 5 miles of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel! We are very honored you and your family have chosen to stay with us since 2007! We have some exciting upgrades coming to the hotel in the next few months that we know you will love. We can’t wait till your next visit so we can show you our improvements!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!