“unclean rooms and dark parking lot” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
A TripAdvisor Member
“unclean rooms and dark parking lot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The carpeting in our room was soaking wet.. they sent a maintenance man up who then went and got a vaccum to suck up the water, told him we wanted another room, after 15 minutes HE came back to the room and told me that I had to go down stairs and see the front desk. I asked him to bring us a cart for our luggage and he said he could not. I was offered ONE comp for breakfast, we had two rooms with 6 people! The furniture in the rooms was horribly soiled and smelled.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate water damage to the carpet that you experienced and know it is always our goal to follow up and assist guests in situations such as yours. We are very sorry you did not receive the service you should have while attempting to resolve this issue. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail.

Kind regards,
Sarah Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Halls were LOUD from 12-3am...I didnt get much sleep making it harder to enjoy my vacation, office didnt answer phone to even attempt to help in controlling noise. Room was very clean and that part was nice. But lack of sleep was not so great for a trip to Busche Gardens the next day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I’m so sorry for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant and we hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

813-342-5008
Tallahassee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent service and very clean. We had to change rooms because the TV in the original room was blurry but the hotel was more than happy to let us move and kept us on the same floor so we didnt have to be too inconvienanced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am extremely sorry you had an issue with your television during your stay with us, but I am very glad our team was able to help you promptly and ensure you had a great stay!
Please come back and visit with us soon!

813-342-5008
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here several weeks ago when I came up to help my daughter pack up to move after graduating from USF. When I awoke in the morning, I noticed two bugs in my bed. Then I noticed blood streaks and drops of blood all over my sheets. I didn't know at the time, but the blood is a telltale sign of bed bugs. I called down to speak with the manager, but was told that she wasn't in yet and so the head of housekeeping, Debbie, came up to take a look. She said she didn't know what the bugs were - "maybe lice" she said. As for the blood streaks, she apologized and said evidently the sheets had not been changed from last guest. She took one of the bed bugs with her in a tissue so she could show the exterminator and comped my one night stay. Ten days later, I was covered in bed bug bites. For some people they don't show up for 10 days to 2 weeks. The pain and itching was unbearable. The most frightening thing was that I could have brought them with me to my home! I called the hotel and spoke with the general manager, Sarah Schmidt. I told her what had happened and that I wanted her hotel to cover the cost of the inspection and possible treatment if the bugs were found in my home. She said that Debbie told her that when she came up to my room, she didn't see any bugs! And she would have to check with the owners about the inspection (this is a franchise property). Needless to say I never received a call back from her, so I am taking my nightmare and pictures to a higher place. I'm sure Hilton Worldwide will not be happy to hear how their franchises are treating guests.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. In order to continue providing our guests with a great experience we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We contacted our pest control contractor Eco Lab the same day the issue was brought to our attention. Our Eco Lab pest specialist did a thorough inspection and certified the room free and clear of any bed bugs. Again I apologize for any inconvenience and feel free to contact us if we can assist you further.

Everett, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We just returned and were very happy with our stay (for the most part) The room was perfect, large and comfy. The beds and linens, wonderful. Our bathroom had a strange odor when we first arrived- so that sort of bothered us, but it got better as the day wore on. We used the convenient shuttle to Busch for three days without ever a problem. We enjoyed the free breakfast with the Busch package. You do not come away hungry. Loved the cookies in the evening. The pool was very warm and inviting, but the hot tub was not working. After a long day in the park, you WANT a hot tub. Upon inquiry, we were told four different stories from staff. "They were missing a part." "It is down for 3 months, "two weeks," "a year." Rediculous. I guess some guest during our stay was pretty upset and the staff filled it with hot water from the boiler for the duration of their stay. It sort of worked. Just be up front with guests. Do not advertise a hot tub if it is nearly permanently not working. Otherwise. we would have stayed closer to the park. Other than the hot tub issue, it was a great stay and we felt very comfortable there. Oh, also had breakfast and dinners at the hotel and they were both fabulous. I thought the dinner prices were in range. Both waiters at breakfast and dinner were so friendly and worth a generous tip. Great service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sunworshipr
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am very glad you enjoyed our restaurant, guest rooms and our team here. We all work very hard to give each and every one of our guests the best stay possible, and are always happy when we have met our goal. Our whirlpool is down, and have been down for approximately a year due an issue beyond our control. Fortunately, we have finally been able to get the repairs needed to correct this issue, and should have the whirlpool back up and running by the end of the month. We hope you will come back and visit with us again and try out our whirlpool once the repairs are complete.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is right off 75, and close to downtown Tampa, Moffitt, USF, and has a shuttle to Busch Gardens. Also close to restaurants. The staff is so nice, rooms are big, and "clean" and everything is well maintained. The morning brunch is very good, and the service is excellent. You cannot go wrong with this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your visit with us! We are glad you had a great visit and hope you get the chance to be our guest very soon. Thank you again!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel was very dirty, the room was dirty, the bathroom was not cleaned as we found pubic hairs in the toilet lid. I am a Diamond member and I have stayed at many different Hilton Hotels but this is the absolute worst. The first room I was assigned was to was not even made. The second room smelled and had a huge dirt in the floor. The breakfast was a disaster. I lost my table twice to other people while I had my 4 year old son with me. I asked one of the waitress for help and they said that they could not help me because they were too busy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am sorry about your experience with our guest rooms and dining services staff. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn't helpful. We strive to ensure our team members know how important clean, comfortable surroundings are to our guests. I am addressing all of your concerns and ask that you contact me directly so I can help in alleviating your concerns.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!