“Friendly efficient front desk personnel”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
St. Augustine, Florida
“Friendly efficient front desk personnel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently stayed for one night-check in a breeze was granted upgrade-room was nice,clean and quiet- breakfast (comped as a loyalty privilege (think it would have been $10. otherwise) was good and staff was pleasant. Only negative was the bathroom was on the small side-not a major issue. Will comment again on friendliness of staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Kissimmee, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been staying at this property for several years now. It's proximity to Busch Gardens is one of its biggest draws. After a full night at the park, it is nice to be so close to a hot shower and a comfortable bed. The quality of the breakfast has improved. They were using cheaper grades of bacon and sausage it seemed my last couple of previous stays, but today's bacon was thick and crisp and perfectly cooked. The stay always are very chatty and forthcoming with any information you may need. They are always accommodating with any request. Usually, I hear them refer to guests by name even while not just checking in. The Morris Bridge Road is the best way to come and go to the parks. Very quiet if you want to sleep late and also that improved breakfast is served to 11am on the weekends.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite or a junior suite for the best layout
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

The negative:

I booked this hotel using priceline spending around $50+. I still think it is a good price, however I was a little perturbed when I called the hotel and had to pay a UpCharge of about $15 because i realized that i needed a room that was handicap accessible this time. I never experienced a difference in charge at other hotels when i had to do that. I thought that seemed like non-compliance with the spirit of the disabilities act. Of course i could be wrong!

The good news:
I was a little concerned when i got this hotel and realized that it was in temple terrace, a suburb of Tampa. I graduated from USF, the great university down the street. I remember parts of this town not being appealing at night.

However, I was pleasantly surprised that this part of the town, right down the street from the east end of Fletcher Ave and a block from I75 is very nice. Several nice mid-priced hotels are nearby. The other end near I275, well I dont want to experience that again.

I drove a car down to Tampa to give to my niece, because I no longer needed it. Normally i would look a hotels when i get to my destination, but my elderly parent was with me.

Street Appeal:

The hotel is a good quarter mile from Fletcher Avenue on a quiet street and it makes a nice impression when you drive up to it. The lobby is nicely laid out and i smelled good food when we arrived, but we had just eaten.

Room: Whenwe got in the room i thought where are the beds. It took a second to realize that i had been given a very nice suite. The bedroom was separate behind a glass door. That made the total room space very large when the two sides were combined. It had two tvs, a small refrigerator, microwave, a nice sieze closet in the living area, but i could not find a safe.

Decor: with the exception of one lampshade everything looks well maintained from the carpet to the ceiling. Furniture had no scuffs, looked like real wood versus veneer, the lighting was significant without being too bright. Best of all there was a sleeper sofa (mother snores) so either i or she could have sleep in the other room. The bed feels kind of firm versus plush, but that is an asset because i like firm beds when i am tired.

Bathroom: Very large with plenty of room to move around for anyone with physical limitations. The tub had great hold bars, but the shower chair was missing. They brought it up in less than 5 minutes when i called down to the desk. Ive seen a better arrangement at Microtel in Zephyrhills about 20 minutes from here. It was a bench that folded down from the tub wall. Ma could sit at the edge of the tub and flip in. But this climb over arrangement will still work.

Summary: With the exception of that one negative i still think that is a very good hotel value ina great spot about 15 mins from Bush Garden, 10 mins from the science musuem, 5 minutes from USF. OH the wifi is complimentary, i think. It is quiet too. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay!
Without being able to look at your actual reservation, I believe the reason for the $15.00 up charge was due to the fact that the only available accessible room was a suite. We do not up charge for accessible rooms, but we do for suites. I do apologize for the confusion.
I also wanted to let you know that while we do not have safes in our guest rooms, we do offer safety deposit boxes at our front desk free of charge for all our guests. We also offer the Garden Sleep System beds, which can be adjusted from soft to firm depending on your preference, we would love to show you how these work on your next visit. We are also in the process of installing the shower seats that fold down, as opposed to the portable bench and hopefully we will be able to accommodate you with this upgrade on your next visit.
Again, thank you so much for your feedback; we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!
Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Average is the word that comes to mind. Bed comfortable and thats what we needed was rest while in Tampa for family business. Pros: nice hot shower, easy check in and out,
Cons: noisy A/C off and on. Warm than cold.
We have stayed at other places in the Brandon area that were much better for us but if you need to be near hospital or collage they are both right there.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very glad you had an easy check-in and check-out and that the bed was perfect for you. I am terribly sorry you had issues with your air conditioner; we are in the process of replacing our air conditioners to newer, quieter units. Thank you again for your feedback, we do hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again soon and we can ensure that you are placed in a room with one of our new air conditioners.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Bush Gardens in Tampa I would highly recommend you stay at the Hilton Gardens Inn. We recently spent 3 nights there and via Bush Gardens got the 3rd night free.
Room was spacious, clean with very comfortable beds and pillows. Service was as good as it gets with Katie making it extra special. The complimentary breakfast each morning was fabulous, real egg omelets, fresh squeezed juices, crispy bacon, fresh fruits, hot farina with full complement of Herbal Teas for tea lovers! It's 10 minutes from the Park and 20 minutes from all the great restaurants such as Berns. Our family couldn't have been happier with our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the large suite room 429 with our two children, they had their own bathroom and large s...
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is convenient to several Tampa attractions. Our reservation was upgraded to a lovely suite and included breakfast. We decided to have dinner in the restaurant on the night we arrived and were surprised at the variety of offerings on the menu. The meal was delicious and attractively presented. Freshly baked cookies offered each evening were a special treat. The front desk and restaurant staff was friendly and professional. We will definitely stay at this hotel when we make future trips to Tampa.

Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 8/23/2012 while visiting Moffitt Cancer Center. We were treated great, by the staff. As we checked in late we weren't sure if we could could get anything at the restaurant ,but we did. The food was not only good, but they gave us such large portions, we had it for luch the next day.
The hotel was very clean and quiet. We definitely will stay there again on our next trip!
I didn't use the spa and am not sure they have one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!