“Excellent experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 8/23/2012 while visiting Moffitt Cancer Center. We were treated great, by the staff. As we checked in late we weren't sure if we could could get anything at the restaurant ,but we did. The food was not only good, but they gave us such large portions, we had it for luch the next day.
The hotel was very clean and quiet. We definitely will stay there again on our next trip!
I didn't use the spa and am not sure they have one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Excellent accommodation. Wonderful staff. Nothing too much to ask. Had issues with the aircon, reported and was attended to immediately. Appreciated other assistance the Manger Marlene Playter gave us. Needed to alter booking for extra nights a couple of times, this was not a problem and we were accommodated remaining in the same room. Breakfast was excellent, as was the service from the staff during breakfast. Room, spacious with comfortable bed, wifi, and all amenities for a great stay. Will certainly be staying again on our next visit from Australia.

Room Tip: The management and staff are very accomodating, we stayed in a double room with a king size very co...
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stay for a week (8 nights) in the Hilton Garden Inn at Temple Terrace at the beginning of August. My wife, two teens and me enjoy the hotel and the location. We select the hotel following a recommendation from the Busch Garden site. The hotel was very close to the expressway 75 with rapid connection to interstate num. 4 to Tampa and Orlando. Busch Garden is a 10 minute drive and Orlando around 60 minutes. The hotel facilities were great, nice lobby, clean rooms, pool, small laundry (very convenient and economic), computer-internet room, parking, etc. The people at the front desk were very nice and are willing to help with directions and questions. The breakfast buffet was good and a reasonable price. The area of the hotel was by far better location than the ones close to Busch Garden. In general the stay was GREAT!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review! We are very glad you and your family had such a nice visit with us. We hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon, remember Howl-O-Scream is coming to Busch Gardens at the end of September!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on August 4,5,6 and checked out on the 7th. The service was outstanding. The staff is professional but friendly. It was amazing that they call the guests by name, speak to you when you walk by the desk and offer any assistance you may need. They handed us a bottle of water on check-in. Received the USA today on the week days and the Tampa Tribune on Sunday. Check in and out was almost non-existent. The rooms were very clean, loved the beds with the adjustable mattress and that is wonderful compared to most hotels with the saggy beds! They had free internet service and it was very easy to access. We especially loved it when "Brian" was on duty, so friendly and knowledgeable of the area.We ate breakfast there every morning which is unusual for my husband who likes a big breakfast, but they had everything he wanted including eggs made to order. The restaurant was excellent and the staff attentive. Awesome stay and this was not co-incidental. We have stayed there previously and chose to return d/t the great experience. The only thing I did not like was I noticed right away they were rated 4 stars by trip advisor and my first thought was why 4 and not 5 star. I commented on that to my husband. Thank you for allowing me to share our experience at this hotel. Kay

Room Tip: They have a great exercise room and a nice pool. They also have a washer and dryer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn during a quick trip to visit Bush Gardens before kids returned to school for the new year. The accommodations were above our expectations. The room was spacious and clean, kids loved the pool, and the breakfast buffet we tried was excellent! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Tampa area and we'll be making reservations here for our next trip!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I had a night to spend in Tampa so I was looking for a nice hotel near Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, and this fit the bill perfectly! It is also near MOSI so we managed to fit that in as well.

Check in/out was quick and easy, the room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. In fact, I slept so well that I bounded out of bed before 7 and had the pool all to myself for an hour. It was glorious!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during a stop over on a cross country road trip and I can't really say anything incredibly positive. Our experience upon check-in was mediocre at best, and the desk agent (Josh, I believe) was actually quite rude. He seemed annoyed at our very existence and didn't offer any help in giving us the basic hotel information (internet accessibility, breakfast times, etc). We were able to figure it all out on our own, but for a hotel at this price level ($109 for a basic king), I honestly expected a little more. The room itself was pretty "lived-in", meaning there were a few stains on the carpet, bedspread, and shower curtain. I read in previous reviews about poor air conditioners and, while I know they are in the process of replacing them, they might want to make it a high priority especially in Florida in August.

As a caveat, I"ll say that I work in the service industry (retail), and my husband and I are well-traveled, but certainly not high maintenance. None of these problems were bad enough to complain to management, but overall this hotel needs a little more attention to detail or a lower price. I'm not expecting a Waldorf here, but past experiences at Hampton Inns and the like have been a much better value for the price.

As far as the service goes, I'm willing to give Josh the benefit of the doubt. Who knows, maybe I looked like someone who picked on him in high school.

1  Thank WanderLust421
Sarah B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback, as I will definitely use it to improve my abilities at the front desk and improve overall in customer service. It is my job to ensure that every guest has a smooth and very welcoming experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. Unfortunately, I failed to live up to those expectations with your stay. However, I will make sure that this doesn’t happen again and if you happen to come into the area again I would hope you give the hotel and I another chance. I will make sure that you receive the true and great experience the Hilton Garden Inn promises to deliver during every one of our guest’s stay. Again, thank you for providing us with feedback and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to service you on your next visit to Tampa.

-Josh Grijalva. Front Desk Agent

Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Busch Gardens Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!