New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park

Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Edgewater, New Jersey
“Uncomfortable pull out sofa-bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

It's decent and comfortable hotel. Since we checked in late, the only room available was a king size bed, with a pull out sofa-bed. Boy are those pull out sofas uncomfortable! I've slept on a number of pull out sofa-beds in my day, but this had to be the most uncomfortable ever!

The complimentary hot breakfast was nice.

My only gripe was when I went to iron my shirt, apparently the water had been sitting in the iron for god knows how long, and may not have been used in quite some time, it left rust colored streaks all over my shirt.

• 3 of 5 stars
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Oh My. I am so sorry to hear about your rough nights sleep on the sofa sleeper! We are not in the business of having our guests have a bad night. That is bad for business! Thank you for your comments, and rest assured I will be pulling in resources to get this comment resolved. Please come back and see us again soon, and this time we will make sure we get you in a Double Queen room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Chelsea, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. We also found the front desk to be very helpful. It is a great value, especially for such a wonderful hotel, and we would highly recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 stars
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are thrilled you had a great stay with us, and can’t wait for you to come back to see us again real soon!
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great hotel, great room and a wonderful overall experience. Jamie, Amy and all of the gang were terrific. I would definitely recommend the hotel and hope to have a chance to stay there again in the near future.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank richard j
Hello! We hope you get a chance to stay with again in the future again too! Thank you for mentioning Jamie and Amy! They are fantastic, and we are happy they are on our team. Every hotel has beds, and rooms, and showers. It’s the people that make the hotel what it is, and I do have a great team here. Thank you again for your review!
Mid Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have stayed here several times! It is close to our kids' place. We stay here when we visit them as their place is too small for all of us.

Always an awesome staff. The complimentary breakfast has hot items like scrambled eggs. Quiet!

We stayed on second floor this time and the bed was hard. The beds on the 3rd and 4th floor are not as hard. So, request a floor based upon your preferences.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor this time and the bed was hard. The beds on the 3rd and 4th floor are not...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Lakeshia was great when making my reservation helpful and knowledgable when I arrived scot was nice and informative about surroundings and shuttle service offered. Mary was cheerful and sweet at breakfast. Everyone I in countered was smiling and helpful. Any problem I had was fixed immediately.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for mentioning our team members Scot, and Mary! They will get a kick out of seeing their names on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the time you took out of your day to log onto and post a comment about us on Trip Advisor! Thank you very much.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family, including 2 teenage girls, stayed here when we visited Busch Gardens. We stay in many area hotels when we use our annual pass. This is a nice hotel, clean, quiet and they have a friendly staff. It is located about 10 minutes away from Busch Gardens so it is out of the hustle and bustle of that area. The room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Overall a nice stay for a good rest. No frills.

1 Thank DaveBFlorida
Hello! Thank you for your review. We all work hard here to keep the hotel clean, and fresh. And I am glad you mentioned our out of the way feel, while still being close to area attractions. We think we are the ideal place to stay when visiting USF, or the Tampa Bay area in general. We hope you come back soon!
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from July 31 to Aug. 5th. My son was transferring to USF and I needed a safe, clean place to stay while I was getting him settled in his new place. He stayed with me for a couple nights and then the rest of the time I was on my own. Hotel staff were great and all areas were very clean. As I was staying on my own for a few days,I wanted somewhere that I felt safe and I can say that I did.
You do need to have a car as it is a little out of the way and there is really nothing within walking distance. Because I had rented a car, this was not a probalem and there were tons of shopping and restaurants within a few minutes drive. Very close to get on the interstaes.
Pool, whirpool and breakfast were all great.
Would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Richie2525
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Hello! Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay at while visiting the University of South Florida. We work very hard to make everyone’s stay enjoyable, and are happy you took time out of your busy schedule to write a review for us. We all can’t wait to see you when you come back to visit your son! Go Bulls!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park? Share your experiences!