Our stay was one night, January 2, 2013 (my worst birthday experience ever) on the way to Key West.....should have kept driving. When we pulled up there was garbage and dirty laundry lying everywhere. What a first impression! We were sitting in the parking lot when they called and virtually threatened to take away our "reserved by a credit card" room. By the time we arrived in the musty old room, kicking and shoving our way through 3 foot high piles of sheets and towels we were greeted by lizards running around our room. I expected it to be outdated and old but eclectic and romantic....not a true revolting dump, extremely over priced ....with no amenities... By the time we had perused this unkempt closet and decided to check out and move on they had locked up and left....my husband called to the office (all of this occurred in less than 15 minutes) The office was closed and locked with not even an answering machine this occurring more than an hour and a half before their posted work hours. There is nothing romantic nor reminiscent of Bogey and Bacall in Key Largo...keep driving...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Tavernier Hotel has been updated with new beds, flat panel TVs and is under new ownership. Free local and long distance calling as well as free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Historic Tavernier Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tavernier Hotel Tavernier
- Historic Tavernier Inn Hotel Key Largo