“Glad to be home!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Tavernier B&B and Inns
Orlando, FL
“Glad to be home!”
Reviewed April 6, 2008

The Tavernier Inn has a very charming website, one that sets a certain level of expectation for the guest experience...lets just say you would be much better off with little to no expectations.

I plan on forgetting everything about this shameful waste of $140 but before I do, I'll recap for my fellow travelers...
* Worn guest room with stained linen, towels and carpet
* Restroom reminiscent of one found in a truck-stop
* Mattresses guaranteed to induce back and neck pain

Needless to say, we are glad to be home.

Good luck to all!

• Liked — Seeing the hotel in my rearview mirror...
  • Disliked — You name it!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank time2travel247

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2008

My boyfriend and I went for a quick weekend getaway down to the keys and stayed at the Tavernier Inn. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and well kept, and the location was perfect! We were close to good restaurants, dive shops, and more. I would recomend this hotel to couples looking for quiet and relaxation. The room we were in was small, but it was perfect for what we were looking for. I loved it!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Greece
Reviewed September 12, 2007

We love the great changes the new owners did to this place. The grounds look absolutely georgeous(love the courtyard) and the new west-indies style decor makes the rooms very cozy even though they're not too large but very clean. We still got our 10% discount for divers and the new staff was friendly and most accommodating. Keep up the good work guys we'll be back and maybe we'll bring our little puppy next time!

Stayed August 2007
California
Reviewed September 9, 2007

What a quaint and historical little place! The staff was extremely helpful and very nice!! Definitely would stay there the next time I am in the Keys!!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 4, 2007

The new management is very courteous, rooms were very clean and it appears the place is getting better every day.

A great value

1 Thank fgdino
Miami
Reviewed September 4, 2007

I was looking on-line for an affordable, quaint place to stay in the Keys for my son's 11th birthday. I was also looking for a place that would accept my dog as I would not part with her.
I located several dog friendly places, but they were either way to expensive or had a mandatory minimum stay. This was a Holiday weekend of Labor Day and all of them stipulated that I had to reserve for a minimum of 3 nights. The prices were way to high for my budget as well.
I finally contacted The Tavernier Inn, located in Tavernier, close to all of the attractions that I had planned for the weekend.

They were so amicable, and able to reserve for 2 nights and the price was fantastic..!!!

There was no minimum stay rule and my dog was very welcomed.!!
I asked them if they had a little refrigerator in the rooms? They said no problem and even provided me with a microwave.
I reserved two rooms that were adjoining, one with a king size bed and the other with two twins.

I found the rooms impeccably clean and just charming They had a court yard to sit in the afternoon or evening and relish the ambiance. They also provided us with continental breakfast.

Right behind this little charming Inn is a huge dog park that is maintained and very safe for joggers, skaters and for just simply strolling near the ocean side.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I really felt at home here and would highly recommend the Tavernier Inn to anyone wanting a nice Florida Keys getaway. I know I'll be back..!!!
Best of luck in your search,
Linda Barton
Miami, Florida

1 Thank devmom
Miami
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Just what we were looking for. Clean, charming and a wonderful host! We will be back again.

1 Thank kakipoodle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Coconut Palm Inn
Dove Creek Lodge
Dove Creek Lodge
#7 of 20 in Key Largo
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Historic Tavernier Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!