We booked this hotel at the last minute do to an appointment. It was Memorial Day weekend, and we had no choice if we wanted to book at $ 125.00 or less. The ground area has absolutely no maintenance, live copper electric wire laying on concrete exposed to the elements and customers. In the room there is not any counter space, no water pressure, no hot water at all, the toilet is in front of the wall mirror, so you have to tilt over to your right to shave or put make up on or comb or brush your hair, and the toilet tank takes 15 mins to refill, so if more than one person has to use it you better not flush or hold it. The entire air conditioner unit is in the room with you, where the closet use to be(yes no closet, no hangers) it worked great but was way to noisy. The check in office was disgusting. Dog bones with meat still on them all over the floor. I don't think it was ever vacuumed , there are files and empty boxes, food not eaten all over the place. You would think they would want to show respect and responsibility to who ever owns it and the customers. We love the keys and we respect the historical history that the Keys represent, if this hotel is saying it is a historical building it is a slap in the face to the Keys, and we cant find any historical history of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Tavernier Hotel has been updated with new beds, flat panel TVs and is under new ownership. Free local and long distance calling as well as free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Historic Tavernier Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tavernier Hotel Tavernier
- Historic Tavernier Inn Hotel Key Largo