the best part of my short stay here was the decent motel price, the charming french patisserie next door and a decent wifi signal in the rooms.
room 209 claims to have 2 queen bed but they are full beds. a staff member in the office even denied this---the bedspread is a queen and touches the floor on all sides, but the queen fitted sheet was far from 'fitted' to the full mattress!!
the bathroom is tiny with the need to take a dark shower if the sun has gone down, since there is no light in the small shower stall.
the place is affordable but noisy if on the front side facing highway 1. i did see some rooms with bigger beds and hardwood floors. the courtyard of the inn is far less appealing than the adjoining one to Moka cafe, on the back near dumpster and linen bin.
furthermore this room had a loud wall a/c unit, no overhead fan and a stale permanent air freshener smell...the website lists this inn as elegant, which i would disagree with.
marker 88 is a lovely spot for a meal or drink and sunset, but the food is overpriced and the place seemed quite popular even in Feb. be sure to take time to go to Bahia Honda state park further south---much nicer than Pennekamp nearby, same entrance fees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Tavernier Hotel has been updated with new beds, flat panel TVs and is under new ownership. Free local and long distance calling as well as free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Historic Tavernier Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Tavernier Hotel Tavernier
- Historic Tavernier Inn Hotel Key Largo