“Very Comfortable- nice atmosphere.”

Creekside Inn Islamorada
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Orlando, Florida
“Very Comfortable- nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It was early evening and dark out when I arrived here. I was exhausted and the Manager at the desk was so sweet and asked me what my preferences were. I told her I needed to have a good nights sleep. She suggested a certain room for me and it was perfect. The outside of the Inn is older so don't let it fool you! The room looked newly remodeled and It was great. When I got up in the morning the sun was just coming up over the canal and the view was spectacular. One mile away is a outside mall with Grocery, Chinese, Italian and Irish restaurants just to name a few. And a Dunkin Donuts. There is a nice Café on site but I had to leave before *am - next time I will make sure to arrange my schedule so I can eat breakfast overlooking canal.! I will definetly go back here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank Jean C
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Jean,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. You are very sweet!
So glad to know that you had a great night. Here at Creekside Inn Islamorada we work hard every day to offer our guests outstanding hospitality and care. All our rooms have been renovated, with new beds and tropical style furniture, as well as flat screen TV's, microwave, small fridges and FREE WiFi!!
We certainly hope to see you soon!

Creekside Inn Islamorada
creeksideinn@terranova.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Islamorada, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Title says it all. It is not a luxury property, but my room was immaculate. The price for the area was a good value. The property is older, but well maintained and they take pride in their establishment. The location is great plenty of shopping and dining option in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank Robert C
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Yes, we are a great value for the price and we truly enjoy sharing our passion for the Keys with all our guests. The new shops, café and dive shop next door have been an incredible addition to our beautiful property. Looking forward to your next visit!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our reservations were for 2 nights and we got delayed and missed the first night. We contacted them at 1030am and was told they couldn't sell the room and we accepted that. We reserved a third night and was supposed to be all set. Our first night was good. Beds are VERY uncomfortable ($49 mattresses). On our second night, the reservation couldn't be found so WE were the ones who had to move into a studio that we couldn't see in advanced and was gouged on pricing. We were told they would take off $40 off but when I called for a price we were charged $40 more than asking price (we paid $199 for a studio). Pricing is a crap shoot and depends who you talk to and I expect a comeback from management on this just as a car salesman would do. The management also physically took all paperwork out of the office so I couldn't get a copy during the usual check-out process....THE MGMNT/OWNERSHIP IS SHADY. I even felt it necessary to take pics of me returning keys bc i felt it's another potential revenue stream for them.
If traveling thru and you don't mind trash under the beds, moldy showers, cheapest towels in town, ants, creaky beds, and going to office for amenities normally found (hair dryer etc), and far over-priced, this place is a must. I will say, the grounds were very nice with a lighted channel, several picnic areas, and a brand new propane gas grill. Outside is great, but the hotel and it's management should be avoided.

• Stayed December 2013
32 Thank Coastguardsman
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best possible hospitality and service. We have addressed the cleanliness issue as well as spoken with our employees concerning rates misunderstandings. We usually provide our guests with multiple options since we want them to walk happy out the door. Unfortunately the last two weeks of December the hotel was completely sold out and the room options were limited. We do apologize again and hope to see you again in the future. Wishing you the very best!

Travelers are raving about these Tavernier hotels

Falls Church, Virginia, USA
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed for five nights over Christmas holidays and it was a very nice stay. Check in was smooth even though our plane was delayed and we didn't arrive until after 1 am. They e mailed us directions how to get in (which we didn't see) and they had posted a note with a phone number to call.

Our room (#9) was spacious and clean. Unlike most, it didn't have a doorway on the parking lot but that was fine. Window space in the room was limited (you can't look out), but the patio outside our door was fabulous. The hotel is right on the canal.

The room was well equipped. The a/c is an old window unit that ran constantly and that could be an issue for some. Didn't bother us. We didn't notice any street noise, even though it is right on a main highway.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a problem with a sticky lock and the young lady at the desk was right on it.

It's an old hotel that the owners work hard to keep updated and clean. It's not a luxury resort, but it's a great value for the price.

Room Tip: Room 9 is good sized
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Leonsreed
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We extremely value our customers opinions. Yes, we offer a true value for a great price and we are glad your experience was a delightful one. We truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with all our guests so they walk out the door feeling refreshed. Hope to see you again soon!
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked this hotel thru Expedia and I called the hotel 4 times with no answer, which should have sent up a red flag to me, but instead I called the 1-800 number on Expedia to find out if they accept dogs. This was our only concern because we are a couple who travels with our two small dogs and we always make sure that where we are going is dog friendly and never have we had any problems or issues. We were booking for New Years Eve and so we wanted to book in advance to make sure we could secure a place and Expedia made it clear to us that this hotel does accept dogs so we booked it. When we got to the hotel and checked in the front desk was on the phone and didn't even acknowledge our presence with so much as a glance while we stood there for 10 minutes waiting. They then checked us in, swiped our card, and we took a glance at the room before unpacking, shrugged our shoulders and said "hey, its 2 nights and we'll only be sleeping here." Then we proceeded to unpack our stuff and dogs from our car only to be stopped by an employee that said "hey! Wait don't move" as though I did something wrong and then the front desk lady ran out and said "if those dogs even enter the room I will fine you $250 and then be forced to kick you out." Immediately I was confused. She began to tell me that this was their NUMBER 1 policy and that if any policy was important to this hotel it was this one and that the manager would never allow dogs on the property. To which I responded that I only booked the hotel because I wad told that it was dog friendly and I had been on their website, as well as my boyfriend, and we had yet to see something stating that dogs were not allowed. we stood in the parking lot with dogs and bags in hand while I explained to her that this then must be some sort of misunderstanding and she proceeded to tell me she would have to call the manager (because there is not one on site) and see what they say. Us being reasonable people agreed that was a good idea and my boyfriend even said he would be happy to talk to the manager about the situation himself. The front desk girl kept telling us that they would "probably" refund our money and we should find another hotel but at the time this was near impossible being 1 night before new years eve, every hotel in the area was booked. My boyfriend then ended up getting on the phone with the manager just to explain the situation and to ask if maybe there was a way (via a pet fee or deposit) that we could stay seeing as that it was one day before new years eve and it was going to be impossible to find another hotel. Instead my boyfriend could not even get a word in. The manager kept talking over my boyfriend on the phone and raising her voice at him and not even caring about the situation. In fact she told him that if he "had bothered to look at their website he would have known" and "we wouldn't be having this discussion." After about 5 minutes of being talked over and totally disregarded my boyfriend said "ok I see this is pointless" and got off the phone. No apologies over miscommunication or misinformation were given and no help by the front desk or the manger to remedy the situation was given. Not even a " let me call a couple hotels in the area and see what I can do, so sorry about this whole mix-up So sorry that you guys had to drive all this way at least let us help you find a room for the night." Nothing. We got no sympathy, no refund and no care at all. It was a day before new years and we had nothing else to do but drive all the way back home. To top that off the hotel room was a box like dungeon with a tiny rectangle window and the back of the hotel by the canal smelled like fish sewage, and we were willing to stay there and still would be! If they hadn't been so cold and uncaring about their customers travel plans gone awry. Had they been more apologetic about bad information and had tried to help us out they would have gotten a better review. We travel all the time and I have never encountered a more unfriendly place in my travel experiences. Miscommunications happen all the time but the importance is how the staff handles it and handles you. We were told explicitly in the end that their number one policy has always been no dogs/pets allowed not even service dogs and that we should have looked at their website to be more informed since we couldn't get a hold of them by phone. Funny thing is both my boyfriend and myself looked at the website several times before going to the hotel and never came across a "no dogs allowed policy" even though that seemed to be their motto, and after we left we scoured the website again and I took screen shot of the policy section of their website and no where does it mention that they do not allow dogs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
59 Thank laynam81
Thank you for your review. We are constantly working towards providing our guests with the utmost hospitality and service. We are extremely sorry for the confusion but we do have a very clear and strong pet policy, and all our online distributors are aware of it. We did try our best to accommodate you unfortunately it was New Year's Holiday. Once again our apologies for all this situation, wishing you the best.

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wonderful location to stay with a family. Very comfortable. The negatives were musty smell to rooms and aging décor. The aging décor doesn't matter to us at all. What else would you expect? We had a great little suite with a separate bedroom, small kitchen and 2 baths. Slept all 5 of us very comfortably. I enjoyed having my coffee in my pajamas sitting next to the canal watching the fish swim by and the boats pass. One afternoon our daughter even saw a manatee up close. There are 2 pools and a nice sitting area by a small swimming area in the canal (if you would want to do that). The staff is very friendly. Warning -- if you are arriving after 8 be sure to make arrangement for your key. A surprising plus was the restaurant on site that I think is run by someone else called Made 2 Order. This place has good food but closes at 3 so go early. Right next door you can rent kayaks and paddleboards to use on the canal. We love this place and hope to return one day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to know you had a beautiful family vacation and you saw the manatees! Yes, they like our backyard. With the Management Team we have addressed your concerns on musty smell though it is a complicated issue in all those rooms that sit right on the water. Also we are looking to "revamp" the aging décor with a completely new layout design for all the rooms -coming soon-!! Once again, thank you for your input and we truly hope to see you again. Wishing you the best!
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My son and I spent 6 nights at the Creekside Inn while we did some SCUBA instruction at the Florida Keys Dive Center. For our purposes, it was ok, a place to crash after a long day of diving. The property is an old two story concrete motel, whereby the front of the property is accessible via the parking lot and the back of the property to the creek with access to the ocean. The rooms were very basic, somewhat clean, however the kitchenette in our rooms consisted of a microwave and small refrigerator. The bold sign on the refrigerator door states "no fish or chum" which pretty much sums up what the property is about. Very basic, old "wall banger" air conditioners which were very noisy and really no amenities. The bathroom towels were really lacking and were so thin, I would have been better drying off with paper towels. The owners were obviously spending some money on the exterior of the property while were we there, which is needed. During our stay, we saw very little of the staff, except a cleaning lady. So in summary, if you are looking for a spot to crash after fishing, diving or boating, it is fine...you will sleep through the din of the air conditioner. The old adage applies here, you get what you pay for....the rates we had were pretty attractive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water are preferred, but know that the view is limited.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Chathamjack
Dear Chathamjack, Thank You for your review and for staying with us! We are proud to say that our hotel has more than 1,000 ft. of canal front dockage and we are able to support your interest in SCUBA diving (we have 3 excellent Dive Shops walking distance from our property). We take reviews very seriously and I will personally investigate your concerns. Thanks again for your review and hope to see you again soon. Wishing you the best!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,490 reviews
Seafarer Resort and Beach
Seafarer Resort and Beach
#4 of 19 in Key Largo

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!