“Nice hotel but service questionable” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Creekside Inn Islamorada

Creekside Inn Islamorada
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
“Nice hotel but service questionable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We were driving to Key West and decided to stop in Key Largo for one night stay. We had not booked a hotel prior and found this one on the web. We rented a room at the Creekside Inn on the same day as we were going to stay.The price was fair for the Rooms. The location on the water was pretty along with access front and back. Back opened to deck in which you can fish or dick a boat. Beautiful setting to relax in, as well as nice pool to swim.

But due to my mistake, an emergency came up that evening in which I locked myself out of my room with nothing to work with in getting my room opened, I was able to flag a deputy down to assist me.(11:30 pm) As soon as he found out my problem, he was worried. As I am handicapped, I had nothing to use but the emergency number left on the Window by the Inn. (from 8pm on). The deputy told me that they will not respond to any calls.(as this has happened before) I was very upset about this as everything was in my room especially my meds. I had absolutely nothing else with me, as thanks to the Deputies of Islamorada I wouldn't have been able to get to my meds until the next day. It would have made me very ill.I feel that was total disregard on behalf of the inn. That should have never happened as it was an accident that I locked myself out.
the next morning they didn't even check on me but they sent the maid to see if I'd gotten access to my room .So yes I'm very upset about this and I do not feel that they are responsible to be in the rental business, if you're not going to respond to the needs of their customers.

Otherwise I felt this hotel was decent.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank Muzziefl
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do deeply apologize for your inconvenience while staying with us, it should have never happened. We take our customers reviews very seriously and have addressed your concerns on after hours emergencies and front desk customer service. We are constantly working on offering higher standards of hospitality and service and would love to have the opportunity of having you as our guest in the future. Wishing you the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have just spent 10 days in Tavernier and was recommended to stay here by FKDC. I contacted Creekside Inn and was given a very good rate for my stay.

The accommodation is adequate and serves its purpose. I was spending a lot of time at FKDC so this place was ideally located. It is less than a 3 minute walk to the dive center from the hotel.

When I arrived at the hotel it was late at night, but as I had informed the staff that I would be arriving after 11pm they had left me my key in a lock box and I was able to get into my room. The room is not fancy but has everything that a diver needs. It had a double bed, tv, storage, ensuite, a small fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. There is a Winn Dixie located nearby and that was useful to stock up on supplies for the week. Unfortunately, due to the length of my stay I would have liked it if they had had laundry facilities as this would have made things a little easier for me. However, the lady in reception was most helpful and even offered to find me a place where I could do laundry.

There is plenty of parking and two nice outside areas. One with a pool and the other with a BBQ. I spent many an evening relaxing there.

My only complaints are that it is beside the Old Highway (which is a very busy road) and that there was a light outside my window that couldn't be switched off.

Would I stay there again? Yes, I think I would. It is in such close proximity to an amazing dive shop that I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are extremely elated to hear your stay with us was satisfactory. As with all of our guests, we try to accommodate you to the fullest extent, which is why we will often give the divers who stay with us discounted rates. Unfortunately, we do not offer laundry service as an amenity to our guests, however, as you may have noticed, our staff is always willing to help each of our guests personally and we will always assist you in tending to your needs. We hope to see you again at our establishment and hope it will be satisfactory to say the least. We strongly value each of our guests' opinions and take them into consideration whilst improving our hotel. Thank you again for staying at the Creekside Inn!
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

after prepaying for room on line was told at check in and additional hold would be put on my card as well, but was told it would be removed immediately after my room was deemed clean at check out. Its three days later and still have a hold on my card, couldn't use it on vacation and still cant use it. When the credit card company called the hotel they refused to cooperate to remove the hold. They lied to me and said the hold was voided days ago, not true. The young Hispanic lady at the hotel told me to "shut up for a minute" so SHE could talk, she talked over me and kept telling me the hotel policy. The hotel room smelled strongly of mildew, dirty floors, NO water view from our room as advertised and charged for, not even a window facing the water in our room and all the windows on the front have a film on them so you cant even see out, two small scratchy towels, deadbolts not working, chain on door is flimsy and held in by tiny screws, ridiculous for the price. There are no balconies on the rooms or patios. The balcony advertised is a community hallway on the back of the rooms and the patio is a community patio. Misrepresented all around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
26 Thank Tammy K
Hello, and thank you for your review. We appreciate all of our reviews equally as we are continually striving to better our establishment.
As with every third-party website we are associated with, when a guest books their room online, upon making the reservation the website will state that there will be a mandatory $100 hold on your credit card as a security precaution. This is NOT A CHARGE, it is simply a hold on the guest's account and only to ensure that you indeed have a valid credit card and that you are able to be liable in the event that there may be any "incidentals" during your stay. This is STANDARD PROCEDURE in the industry and explained to each of our guests upon checking in, verifying and signing the policy form which states this as so. Once the guest checks-out and the room is cleaned by housekeeping the hold is voided completely. It is not within our power as to how long the hold will take to process back into your account as this aspect of the hold depends on the guest's personal bank. Since we understand that an additional $100 is not ideal when conserving money on vacation, hence we try to void the hold as soon as possible and we would not lie to a guest about this.
As for the room there are several water view balcony bedrooms that we offer at a slightly higher rate that have their own individual balconies. Your room though was the one most of our many repeated customers ask for since the door opens on to the lounge area on the canal. Though all our rooms are canal front and open to the canal (downstairs and upstairs), there are only some that have a "view" of the canal and some of the windows have been tinted for privacy purposes.
Regarding any of our employees possibly coming off rude, we relay our apologies. And ask for your understanding as to how it may be difficult to remain calm and composed when there is a guest calling repeatedly and accusing an employee of actions that they are not guilty.
We are a serious establishment and on behalf of the entire staff here at Creekside Inn, I apologize if your stay was anything but satisfactory and hope we will have the opportunity to make it up to you if you were to stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Tavernier hotels

Naples, Florida, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked a 2 night stay here. Should have got a water view room. Also requested a balcony. We were given a room so small that it was only possible to have a small queen bed in it. Not only not a water view, not a balcony, NOT even a window. I complained & was told it was the booking company to blame. Of course the booking company blamed the hotel. We were offered another room which was slightly larger (only slightly) but it did have a window. No balcony & no patio. Right outside our room was the car park & beyond that was the main road. (A1).here are only a very few rooms with balconies & a water view but they do not telll you that. If they are full then you are NOT getting a nice place to stay. The only good point was that the room was clean. Take my advice & stay well clear.

Room Tip: If you are guaranteet a room with a balcony & water view then okay. BUT make sure its guaranteed...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
16 Thank JOHN A
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
When booking a room with our hotel, we offer several options for room types; we have a deluxe double bed room, a two bedroom suite, a deluxe single bedroom, a deluxe double bed kitchenette, and a double deluxe water view balcony bedroom. Considering the higher demand of water view bedrooms, the rooms have that are equipped with a balcony overlooking the water are priced higher than just the standard deluxe double bedroom. When we are not as busy, we do our best to offer the best of our water view bedrooms at discounted rates, however when we are busy, we make it a priority to make sure the people who paid for the water view bedrooms fairly receive the rooms they paid for. Water view bedrooms cannot simply be given at special request, it a particular type of room and with that a particular room rate. We are very lenient with this policy and are always happy to negotiate with our customers to make their stay as relaxing as possible, except on holiday weekends we must prioritize all of our customers equally according to the room they paid for. We apologize if your stay was anything but satisfactory and hope we can make it up to you if you are ever in town again.
Sausalito, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at Creekside Inn for four nights in August while diving with Florida Keys Dive Center. The purpose of our trip was diving and the hotel is located very close to the dive shop (walking distance). The hotel was as advertised and as expected - this is not a luxury hotel or resort, but it was clean and well priced. We did not experience the issues as the previous reviewers (and I too have travelled all over the world). It worked for our purposes and was convenient. No issues with the service - the receptionist was quite pleasant - no complaints. Can't beat the location if diving with Florida Keys Dive Center.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex - it was quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We enjoyed your company at The Creekside Inn, we hope to see you again soon- whether it be FKDC associated or simply for a visit. Your review is immensely appreciated, we are constanly striving to improve our hotel in every aspect, hence we greatly value the opinions of our loyal customers. Thank you, again, for choosing The Creekside Inn.
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very bad attitude lady. Accused us of something we did not do. Did not even have the decency to apologize. Not worth going through all this drama on your vacation. The lady went to the extent of telling me there was a police report with my name on it. I had absolutely no encounter with any policeman. I was enjoying my vacation with my visitors and she showed up to accuse me of all these things, she called me a liar several times during the conversation, and when I tried to explain I was the wrong person, she would not listen!!! After she left I was furious. Then, I guess she found out she was wrong, and told the poor receptionist girl to call me, of course I did not have my phone on me. Listened to a message much later. She was not even capable of apologizing herself, nor show up in person like she did earlier. Turned out she was the one lying, what police report? With my name on it? How dear you accuse me of something I didn’t do!! Did not see her again. I’m still waiting for a formal apology.
IF YOU CAN AVOID THIS HOTEL DO!!! There are plenty more around it, much classier.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
31 Thank Marola F
On behalf of The Creekside Inn, we are deeply apologetic your experience was not satisfactory. We are sorry for the miscommunication on our end regarding whose name was on the police report. However, several of the rooms who filed noise complaints confirmed that the room you were staying in was part of the havoc that was taking place at approximately 2am. We pride our hotel on our calm, relaxing nature and we do not condone any noise levels that disturb our other guests. Pertaining to any accusations that were made towards you: we respectfully rebuff. The manager who was on duty at the time had simply gone to your room to request politely that you keep the noise down, without any involvement of the police report that we had mistakenly thought had been made concerning your name. However, because of the confusion we decided to waive the damage that had been inflicted on the room (as well as the abundant amount of visitors seen in your room) when an industrial strength fryer had been plugged into your room, causing the fuse to blow and consequently leading to us having to call an electrician to repair the damaged outlets In the room you had stayed in. We are an economically friendly hotel and in the policies every guest signs on arrival it states that the guest can only plug a particular degree of wattage into the outlets due to this. Involving the apology made by our "poor" receptionist; the misunderstanding was made on all of our parts, we do not like to hold one person accountable for a confusion among several employees. As for the accusations on your end regarding an employee of ours supposedly lying to you, no one was lying. Our staff was simply trying to get to the bottom of a situation involving guests who were being inconsiderate. As for your formal apology, consider this response just that. From all of us here at the Creekside Inn.
Los Lunas, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Close to the overpass. The room was clean, and not smokey.. Huge plus! Just lacked a little of the niceties... Soft bed for one. But the only reason this gets a 3 instead of a 4. Is they charged an extra hundred on the card as the deposit and credited it after. Thought that was....different.. When you're on a trip watching your pennies it tough. Though better than being out of iit forever.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your helpful review, we appreciate all opinions due to the constant desire to better our establishment. As fellow travelers, we know an extra $100 is not ideal to spare for simply incidentals. However, for the security of our hotel it is a necessity and is strongly enforced by many other hotels of our stature. Just as a clarification, at the time of check-in we run your card just to ensure that it is valid and the $100 is only a hold as a precaution for any damages that may occur to the room. So long as the room is in the same condition is was when the customer arrived, the $100 is then released to your account.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
Hilton Key Largo Resort
Hilton Key Largo Resort
#14 of 19 in Key Largo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,707 reviews

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!