I stayed here while diving with Conch Republic Divers in early March of 2013. The rooms are not luxurious - this place seems to have been here for quite a while, and appears to have been built in the 60's or possibly earlier. All outside entrances, but a good option in an area (close to Islamorada and Key Largo, right at Tavernier Creek) where conventional hotels are a bit pricey. The front of the hotel faces the main road, the back is on the water and they have dock space available for fishermen or others who want to be close to their boat.
It is right across the street from Conch Republic, so it was very convenient for us. There was a microwave, small fridge, and flat screen TV (which I never turned on in the 4 nights I stayed here. The front desk closes at 8PM, but they called to let me know that they would leave a realtor's key safe on the door to our room and gave me the combination, so I could let myself in since I arrived late. They were very accommodating and helpful - I was planning to be on a dive boat the next morning before the office opened, so they said to just stop in and do the paperwork of checking in after I got back. Very nice!
Bed was a bit creaky, but comfortable. The room was well-cared for overall and though showing a few signs of age, it still was perfect for what I needed and I would stay there again. A coffeemaker in the room provided hot water for our thermos of tea that went with us on the dive boat (it was unseasonably cold for diving and hot tea was a welcome luxury when climbing back on the boat after a dive).
If you need room service and the idea of an older hotel with outside entrances (covered by a large awning, providing lots of protection from sun and rain) isn't your thing, you can try the Marriott Courtyard in Key Largo, but you will pay double for it.
I was comfortable and happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creekside Inn Islamorada located in Islamorada in the heart of the Florida Keys along 1,000ft of unique canal front with prime dockage and deep water access, minutes from the Ocean and the Florida Bay. We are a moderately priced small hotel with Old Florida values who welcomes fishermen, boaters, divers, families and business traveling people who are looking to stay for a couple of days or weeks in our spacious, newly remodeled rooms, with prime dockage and complimentary WiFi, while caring about their budget and convenience. We have a casual canal front restaurant call "Made 2 Order" loved by the locals were to have breakfast or lunch, also Tavernier Creek Marina, the largest indoor storage Marina in the Keys, is just across the street, with all your fishing and boating needs. (Gas, REC Fuel, tackle, dive shop, Boat Rentals) Come and visit us! We are the Creekside Inn Islamorada and welcome you to the beautiful Florida Keys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Creekside Inn Islamorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keys Resort & Marina Hotel Tavernier
- Keys Resort And Marina
- Keys Hotel Tavernier
- Keys Motel
- Creekside Inn Islamorada Key Largo/Tavernier