“Good value for the price.”

Creekside Inn Islamorada
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Clinton, Iowa
“Good value for the price.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at Creekside Inn for 5 days in August 2012. Our visit focus was diving. The motel is located within short walking distance to a dive center so this was very convenient for us. We were able to clean our equipment on the patio in the back of the motel. There was a table for cleaning your catch as well.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The "Lady from Spain" at the front desk was courteous and very accommodating. The room was modest but clean. It met our needs.
I felt that Creekside Inn was a good value for the cost. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MM2111
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments!! We certainly appreciate our customers feedback since we are always working to upgrade their experience. Shortly after you left, the room you were staying at was renovated and got new "tahiti inspired" furniture. And yes, our location at walking distance from diving, snorkel and fishing trips is very convenient. Looking forward to having you stay with us again on your next diving trip to the Florida Keys!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Do not even think about it. This hotel is horrible. Even at half the price. Our efficiency was anything but efficient. It took 3-days to get forks and knives, and that ain't the half of it. We were promised a newly remodeled room. Apparently that means a really old, dirty room where headboards fall off on you. I asked for any type of room change or compensation and was denied both. Rent a house, a room, another hotel...anywhere but here. Oh did I mention you have to pay in full in advance? Nice, huh?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank A P
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Please, allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Creekside Inn is committed to providing our guest with great service and facilities.
You stayed in an Efficiency which has been completely renovated (floors, electricity, plumbing, new kitchenette, etc), since all our property has undergone renovation during the last year.
The kitchenette was not fully equipped probably because we had just finished installing it, so it took us one afternoon to provide you with all the necessary utensils to make your stay comfortable. Now all our Efficiencies have a full set of silverware, plates, cups, pots and pans. Also, we fully service our rooms on a daily basis for health reasons and I am surprised you found the room was dirty.
We did offer you another Efficiency where you could move the very next day, since the day you got here the property was fully booked, but unfortunately you refused. Once again, we thrive to offer the highest quality service and we are very sorry your stay did not work out the way you would have wanted.

Travelers are raving about these Tavernier hotels

new orleans
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed four nights at Creekside. The hotel is a vintage 1950's style motel block common in the area. I understand the new owners are renovating the facility and you can see the work being done throughout the property. The rooms were clean and modestly appointed. Mostly Home Depot style bathroom furnishings and simply furnished rooms. A sizeable refrigerator kept drinks and snacks conveniently. While not fancy or overly stylish I was more than happy to have it as my home for those wonderful days.

Dive boats left from a block away and were quickly out to sea. Outside deck was great for sunsets, watching the boats, divers and fisherman come and go. Pool was cool and clean and a fun place to play with my kids. Taught my youngest how to dive, right next to the no divng sign.

Lastly the rooms rate was I felt a good bargain, especially compared with similar properties further down the Keys. I give the Creekside Inn top stars for what it is and what it is striving to be. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your nice review!! We work very hard all the time to make our guests happy and the hotel a great place where to stay while in the beautiful Florida Keys. We would love to see you and your family again soon!!
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Each year I rent a home in the Keys and often come down a few days early. I require water access for boating. Despite some of the ratings we dared to stay at Creekside Inn, in Tavernier. I understand the property was recently sold and the new owner is renovating the property. This was evident as new landscaping was being added while I was there. First off, boating access was great, the boat was just outside my room. The nightly fee of $20.00 was reasonable for the Keys. Water and a fish cleaning station were readily available. The room was basic and a lillte rough. The toilet wouldn't flush without the handle being held down for many seconds and the tank took about 5 minutes to refill. The shower was Ok, good pressure and plenty of hot water. However, the overall look of the shower was a little gross.The window type AC kept the room cool. We found hairs on our clean sheets and let the manager know. The FD manager was new to the job and she was very helpful and friendly. If you drag a boat to the Keys you know hotels with dockage are hard to come by without paying a fortune. This place was par for the mom and pops I've used before. Not worse, not better (note Harborside in Key West was the worst). I personally like Dove Creek in Key Largo the best. We were trying to get a littlle further south. When I made my reservation and when I checked in it was stated I had 2 adults and 2 kids. After a day the desk clerk called to notify me I was going to be charged an additional $30.00 per day since I had 4 people, not 2 as indicated on my reservation. Not sure if I'll persue this further yet as I just returned from a very nice time in the Florida Keys.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank danny221
Dear guest, thank you for your comments!! They help us make the hotel a much better place. I'm glad you liked the room with the dockage right outside, it is certainly something we are proud to offer. The access to both the ocean and the bay is also excellent since we are located right by Tavernier Creek Bridge. I am glad to let you know that the rooms have been upgraded and fully renovated so that they are not that "rough" anymore. Most of them also have new appliances and flat screen TV, and all the propety has free WiFi access. Sorry for the misunderstanding in regards to the number of people staying in your room. We are working so that our guests won't have that problem again. It would be really nice if on your next fishing trip to the beautiful Florida Keys you decide to make this your home and not rent one! Looking forward to seeing you here again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Basic accommodations, with relatively old, outdated furniture. Large room with hard tile floor. Kind of a nasty couch in the room, and the floor was sticky. The woman at the front desk, who seemed to be the owner from her behavior, was the perhaps the rudest person to ever run a business. She was so insistent about entering our room -- whether we had the DND sign up or not -- in order to change the sheets every other day that we wondered if they'd had problems with bed bugs. We didn't see any but were pretty disturbed during our stay there because of her rudeness and knowing that she was going to come into our room even if we requested privacy.

On the bright side, it's a cozy spot right on the canal with Adirondack chairs and shade in the afternoons.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank CharlieAN35805
Dear Guest,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We try to provide our guest with the highest quality of service and facilities. The woman at the front desk was not the owner and I do apologize, and the privacy sign should be respected. That said, all of our rooms are serviced on a daily basis because of health reasons, even when the guests do not ask for it, the sheets have to be changed and the floors and bathrooms cleaned thoroughly. The property has undergone full renovation and ALL the rooms have new beds, the couches are being replaced also as is all the furniture with new pieces coming from Tahiti. In order to remove the carpet and keep the rooms spotless, we have put tile floors which being on the water and in the Keys seems to work the best. Once again, we are sorry for your bad experience and would gladly want to have you staying with us in the future.
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in...moldy, musty, dirty. The bathroom had rusted ceiling grates, peeling paint from water damage and something brown spattered all over the walls. No hair dyer, iron, clock or tissues! Bare bones. There was a coffee maker and refrigerator but I would not attempt to use those. Expedia was great and got my second night canceled, but I had to pay a cancellation fee. This horrible room cost me $156 in the end. If I could give a zero rating, I would.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
10 Thank stephaniestorm
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We want to offer our sincere apologies for your bad experience. Our goal is to make every guest comfortable and we can understand your frustration. The room you stayed in is already under renovation, one of the last ones that have not been upgraded since we took over last year. Rest assured though, that in spite of the look of the paint the rooms are thoroughly cleaned every day as are the new fridges and coffee makers. Soon it will have new tile floors, fresh paint, new furniture and flat screen TV, to name only some of the changes. As for the hair dryer, iron, clock, tissues, tooth brush, toothpaste, deodorant and any other things our guests might need, our office is open 8 am to 8 pm and can provide you with those. Also, our cancellation policy is 48 hours prior to arrival (72 hours or more on weekends and busy holidays), and that is the reason they charged you a cancellation fee. We would gladly provide you with a discount for your stay if you ever consider coming back to visit us. Thank you for your business!
New York
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I booked this place on a short notice, hoping that recent updates have turned this ex-Keys motel into a nicer place. The reality could not have been more different.

"Renovations" consist of a poor paint job. They painted *tiles* in the bathroom! Of course paint is peeling off already. Rooms are extremely dirty - floors look like they have never been washed or swept. The first room I was offered had bed sheets that were obviously left from previous guests - with *lots* of hair. In both rooms I've been to there was dirt, grime and hair everywhere. Old furnishings, dirty microwave and minifridge, tiny old TV. Don't forget the extremely noisy window AC that never shuts off. I had to turn it off half-way through the night just to get some sleep. Also doors that don't lock, road noise as rooms face US 1, worn out towels. I could go on - but you get the picture.

On the day I was there, the whole place was empty (there was one other car in the parking lot).

Oh, and I paid almost $100 for this stay. I'll chalk it up to learning experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank bork3000
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We are extremely sorry to hear about your recent bad experience staying with us. Since we took over this place we have been working very hard on making it a nice place where to stay while visiting the Florida Keys, a place where you would come back with friends and family. Of course, we can not compete with the many 4 or 5 star hotels that you can find in the Keys. Yes, the bathroom tiles have not been removed (yet) but there are new vanities and floors, new tiles in the rooms instead of carpet, fresh paint, and new beds. Also, we are getting all our new furniture from Tahiti and new plasma TV's, bedspreads and pillows. What surprises me is the dirt and hair you've seen, I have a lady that goes over every room every day checking for cleanliness since its what we thrive for.
We would kindly like to offer you a free night stay at Creekside Inn whenever you plan to come back so that we can make this up to you. Once again, we sincerely apologize for this experience and look forward to having you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,490 reviews
Seafarer Resort and Beach
Seafarer Resort and Beach
#4 of 19 in Key Largo

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!