“Great afternoon dives”

Conch Republic Divers
Ranked #5 of 25 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Owner description: Conch Republic Divers offers primarily private and semiprivate instruction. We do not try to be the fastest around or the cheapest-especially for the basic open water class. It is our approach that you get scuba certified once and you might as well do it right!That said, I believe our price is competitive. At the end of your course you will have a dive table and a log book. Our instructors are patient and thorough and have been diving for years.After scuba diving you'll also like our private warm water showers with dressing area. Plus dedicated internet access for checking your email.Come join our captains and crew and let us provide you with a scuba diving adventure while enjoying other activities the Florida Keys has to offer. Staying in Key Largo or Islamorada, Tavernier is only a few miles to go to have some of the best scuba diving while in the Florida Keys.
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great afternoon dives”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Great, friendly staff for Monday afternoon 6/23/14 dive. Wife decided to not snorkel at last minute & it was no problem. Adrian the captain was very helpful & suggestive of things to look for at both sites.

1 Thank Bill N

“Unbelievable Adventure!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Our family of four learned to dive with Conch Republic. Our instructor was fun, patient and knowledgeable. The office and boat crews were friendly and very helpful. The dive sites were spectacular! Would highly recommend to any diver if any level.

1 Thank Kelly B
Barto, Pa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great week diving with CRD!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much to everyone at CRD especially Jasen for his excellent instruction during my daughter Stephanie's OW check out dives. This is a great operation from top to bottom, I can't say enough good things about this place! Never rushed, if the current was ripping at one location we simply moved. They are out to deliver a great time for all aboard. Thanks again for a great week! JK

Visited June 2014
praieville la
“Professional dive crew!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

To the Conch Republic crew. THANK YOU! Brenda I brought boys including 12 year old back this year to dive with you. I have personally told you but now recommend you to others. As always your guys took care of us. Tim, Jason, Don,Christian we've had a blast exploring shallow water aquarium reefs and also the depths of the Speigel and Benwood. You all are very focused on safety. Safety in our sport is paramount to longevity and health and well being. The delight on my boys faces after completing dives seeing all the wonders and then you guys always assisting where needed but also helping the young guys foster independence was great. Jason again thanks for being a great great role model for my young sons. It was a joy to dive with you guys again this year! I could go on for days about our treatment. We love the Conch Krewe!

Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Truly effective instruction, great op for whole family”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I completed AOW with Don at Conch Republic last week and had a stellar experience. We both learned a LOT and felt that Don's full attention was given to making us into better, more self-sufficient divers. He struck a great balance between giving us responsibility on every dive (unlike my experience with some dive ops geared for large groups of beginners) and being there completely ready to step in and correct us if need be. We both had a personal best dive week, and I feel ready to really start improving and honing my skills now.

This op is a class act from owners to captains. We took our entire family (grandparents + 4 other adults + two kids ages 8 and 6) on the first dive day and they snorkeled and "bubble-watched" while chatting with the crew. They were made quite comfortable and the 8 year old in particular got in a solid 90 minutes of snorkeling. It was a fantastic experience for us all, thanks to a kind and professional crew. They were very patient with our 6 year old (even though several adults from our family were in the water with him, the crew clearly had an eye on him as well).

Besides the excellent instruction and amazing dives, there were two things I really liked:
1. There wasn't a bunch of swearing on the boat. Last year we experienced that *even with our kids there* on another op. It can be part of the culture of some kinds of diving, and I am not a total prude, but I appreciated the professionalism of Conch Republic crew on this point.

2. They did not speak poorly of other ops and offered good honest opinions of some of their competition/colleagues.

We'll be back. Thank you, Conch Republic, for the week of incredible memories and instruction to build on.

Visited May 2014